Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392357 times)

VibratingText

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: He/him
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #1395 on: September 07, 2016, 11:00:13 AM »
Amazing how easily that comparison comes up...

If it does come to that, though, I'm sure there'll be a lot more pain and drama and a lot less awesomeness involved, at least at first. *whistles innocently and surreptitiously uses foot to nudge already-written fic under the rug*

Pain and drama can still be awesome.

But I'd imagine it to look more like a less complex version of automail, or the DARPA arm. Not as advanced as actual automail, but not as clunky-looking or as hollow as Furiosa's arm.

Of course as long as it can hold a gun or a sword and/or punch trolls, Sigrun would probably be happy enough with it.
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

Native: :usa:
Tolerable: :germany:
Still Learning: :italy:
n00b at: :russia: :norway: :japan:

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1396 on: September 07, 2016, 12:19:24 PM »
Prettysure kissekat is saying "don't let them go" to emil.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

VibratingText

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1397 on: September 07, 2016, 09:19:13 PM »
That's a very uh, clean looking map. Un-eroded, except for the bottom part which is probably water damage.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1398 on: September 07, 2016, 09:27:56 PM »
Those chairs at the bottom look like teeth.. worn down rounded and mossy, but teeth nonetheless....
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

VibratingText

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1399 on: September 07, 2016, 09:35:14 PM »
Those chairs at the bottom look like teeth.. worn down rounded and mossy, but teeth nonetheless....

I'll admit, I saw the panels from Guess Who in those chairs. But I can see teeth.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1400 on: September 08, 2016, 09:14:59 AM »
So this actually goes a couple of pages back, but one thing that's been increasingly bugging me is how Sigrun was able to cover the severity of her injury. If you look back over the past few chapters, pretty much every time Sigrun's had an appearance, she's had her arm in a sling (whose exact configuration has changed from chapter to chapter) or at least bandaged, or has been in the process of having it tended. She couldn't have put that sling on herself, which means that Mikkel has been cleaning and dressing those wounds regularly for the past several weeks. Meaning, if she had any visible outward signs of infection - say, unusual redness, swelling, or discharge - Mikkel should have noticed, in which case he could have declared her unfit for duty and pulled her from the mission. That that isn't happening speaks to a few possibilities:

• Mikkel knows full well what's going on, but the possibility of finding a cure is enticing enough that he's joined Sigrun up De Nial and downplayed the danger posed by walking into the middle of a troll nest while entrusting his safety to a captain whose limb could give out on her at a crucial moment.
  • Mikkel should have noticed, but is busy trying to cover a handicap of his own - that his eyesight is just that bad. An intriguing fan theory, but one for which we as yet have no concrete proof.
  • There are no visible symptoms. Either Sigrun is experiencing severe pain due to something that's gone wrong at a deeper level and wouldn't even be apparent until she tried to move the arm, or really bad itching that wouldn't produce any visual symptoms unless she'd been recently scratching it.

Yep, this'll be fun.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1401 on: September 08, 2016, 09:54:02 AM »
Dunno. How long do deep muscle puncture wounds take to heal?
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1402 on: September 08, 2016, 10:04:36 AM »

No idea. Even if this is normal, though, that doesn't invalidate my point that Mikkel should have known better.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

VibratingText

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1403 on: September 08, 2016, 11:37:40 AM »

A few months for the bulk of the healing to finish, but complete and total healing would take a few years. Clearly time they don't have and definitely longer than Sigrun would ever willingly wait.

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #1404 on: September 08, 2016, 12:49:48 PM »
I'd like to ask a question, because I can't quite figure it out (or remember, I guess) - what is this place Sigrun, Mikkel and Lalli are in? A shopping mall, a school, a train station?
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1405 on: September 08, 2016, 12:56:12 PM »
I presumed an hospital. Not only because of the dream sequence foreshadowing, but also because, in the panels, there are chairs and arrangements that would suggest a waiting room.

Looking back through the last few pages, we admittedly did not get a good view of the building they are exploring. No establishing shot for that particular building.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1406 on: September 08, 2016, 01:27:18 PM »
I'd like to ask a question, because I can't quite figure it out (or remember, I guess) - what is this place Sigrun, Mikkel and Lalli are in? A shopping mall, a school, a train station?

Page 586: "Anyway, here we are at the cusp of some interesting hospital adventures."

Page 588: "Hey, we're already approaching the hospital area!"
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #1407 on: September 08, 2016, 05:01:10 PM »
I presumed an hospital. Not only because of the dream sequence foreshadowing, but also because, in the panels, there are chairs and arrangements that would suggest a waiting room.

Looking back through the last few pages, we admittedly did not get a good view of the building they are exploring. No establishing shot for that particular building.
Page 586: "Anyway, here we are at the cusp of some interesting hospital adventures."

Page 588: "Hey, we're already approaching the hospital area!"

Oooh, that makes sense. Thank you both!
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1408 on: September 08, 2016, 06:22:12 PM »
It's Odense University Hospital, which is where the labels on the syringes Mikkel found said that the 'cure ' came from. That's why they came so far, looking for a cure. Even if it's not perfect, Mikkel and the base team back in Mora think it might be a jumping-off point for finding a real cure.

As to deep puncture wounds, in my own experience they take weeks to months to heal, and hurt for some while after that. Then, I wouldn't know about troll bites! But I heal quite fast, and have only experienced such hurts from the bites of a large dog, and from splintered wood, both of which would be clean in comparison. I wonder whether Sigrun has somehow managed to conceal an injury or infection from Mikkel? Can't quite see how, but it would fit with how she is acting.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

|Yucca|

« Reply #1409 on: September 08, 2016, 07:11:32 PM »

Looking back through the last few pages, we admittedly did not get a good view of the building they are exploring. No establishing shot for that particular building block.

Like others mentioned, it's the OUH complex.

We also know where they entered the hospital complex. The entrance seen on page 589 and the next page is quite clearly the main entrance on the west side of the main building.

Google Streetview link
I barely survived:
:chap5:  :book2:  :book3:  :book4:
:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: