Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392321 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #1305 on: August 16, 2016, 07:55:32 AM »
I'm imagining Sigrun having said "second star to the right, straight on till morning ensign."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1306 on: August 16, 2016, 10:06:02 AM »
I'm imagining Sigrun having said "second star to the right, straight on till morning ensign."

Sigrun's pointing does look powerful, doesn't it.
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1307 on: August 16, 2016, 11:57:27 AM »
Pretentious? Moi?

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #1308 on: August 16, 2016, 12:08:28 PM »
Hey guys!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVefPPr69NU

Ah yes I love the Prodigy! And I immediately thought of that too when seeing yesterday's page.
*Brags* I've been to a concert of the Prodigy once ;D
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #1309 on: August 16, 2016, 06:05:01 PM »
Ah yes I love the Prodigy! And I immediately thought of that too when seeing yesterday's page.
*Brags* I've been to a concert of the Prodigy once ;D

And you survived! My eardrums and I salute you!

I do want to add that I agree with whoever said that there's no bad music - just music that isn't right for particular listeners...

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #1310 on: August 16, 2016, 06:23:36 PM »
And you survived! My eardrums and I salute you!

I do want to add that I agree with whoever said that there's no bad music - just music that isn't right for particular listeners...

Eardrums? Don't you mean eyes? This particular concert (in Amsterdam, in September) had a lot, a lot of flashing lights. To protect my ears, I was wearing ear plugs (obviously I could still hear the music but not as loud, it was loud enough with them) and to protect my eyes I sometimes had to close them for a little while, which I saw quite a few of people around me doing too btw.

I think Emil would enjoy the Prodigy. After all, a couple of their songs are called Fire, Firestarter, World's on fire, Spitfire and Fuel my fire (although admittedly that's a cover).
Ah, I love this music... <3
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 06:28:04 PM by Miriam »

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • c[]xxx[]:::::::::::::::>
  • Preferred pronouns: all of them, they're all mine now, i stole them
« Reply #1311 on: August 16, 2016, 11:52:21 PM »
My reaction to the newest page

If I'm both pan and genderfluid, then no matter who I like, it's gay and I think that's beautiful
Fluent: :usa:
Learning: all?
:chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1312 on: August 16, 2016, 11:58:24 PM »
.....That... that don't bode well does it.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #1313 on: August 17, 2016, 12:04:43 AM »
Eardrums? Don't you mean eyes? This particular concert (in Amsterdam, in September) had a lot, a lot of flashing lights. To protect my ears, I was wearing ear plugs (obviously I could still hear the music but not as loud, it was loud enough with them) and to protect my eyes I sometimes had to close them for a little while, which I saw quite a few of people around me doing too btw.

I think Emil would enjoy the Prodigy. After all, a couple of their songs are called Fire, Firestarter, World's on fire, Spitfire and Fuel my fire (although admittedly that's a cover).
Ah, I love this music... <3

Good for you on the ear protection! You're right, just from those titles that sounds like a band for Emil.

I know there's a topic for music suited to this comic - has anyone compiled suggestions for music the various crew members might listen to?
On the blithe assumption they're going to survive a situation that has Lalli so despondent that he's turning down a cookie?

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #1314 on: August 17, 2016, 06:27:26 AM »
Good for you on the ear protection! You're right, just from those titles that sounds like a band for Emil.

I know there's a topic for music suited to this comic - has anyone compiled suggestions for music the various crew members might listen to?
On the blithe assumption they're going to survive a situation that has Lalli so despondent that he's turning down a cookie?

For Lalli, I suggest Kraftwerk, a German band with calm repetitive songs. Some of mine his fave songs would be Radioactivität, Telefonanruf, Taschenrechner, Computer Liebe, Schaufensterpuppen and Vitamin. Even though Lalli wouldn't be able to understand the German, he'd just enjoy listening to the rhythm.

Lalli turning down a cookie is a bad sign. He must be nauseous of anxiety to not feel like eating his fave food. He does seem to talk a bit more now, not sure if that's a good sign or not. That probably means he's too anxious to sleep too.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:12:36 AM by Miriam »

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1315 on: August 17, 2016, 08:19:11 AM »
Music that fits Lalli right now: 'Turlough O'Carolan's Farewell to Music' (the rendition by Derek Bell is particularly subtle and heartrending), and also 'Seán Ó'Duibhir a' Ghleanna' ..... With lyrics such as: 'this is my long loneliness/ the shelter cut above my head/ omens of death in the sky' indeed - that's a dark song.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Yeiii

« Reply #1316 on: August 17, 2016, 08:50:18 AM »
My reaction to the newest page

That was my exact reaction! Minna better take everyone safe from that city! I just love them all too much *sob and hides in blanket fort*
Native :chile:
Fluent :uk:

Chapter joined :chap11:
Chapter break survivor :chap12: :chap13:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1317 on: August 17, 2016, 09:34:47 AM »
*wistful and forlorn look at the horizon*
This is going to suck.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1318 on: August 17, 2016, 10:10:31 AM »
That was my exact reaction! Minna better take everyone safe from that city! I just love them all too much *sob and hides in blanket fort*
*wistful and forlorn look at the horizon*
This is going to suck.
Excuse me while I run in circles and panic.
Seriously, any time a mage is worried (or resigned, as the case may be) it's time to be worried.
Not only that, but tomorrow's page is the last one before the chapter break. (Except for the infopages.)
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1319 on: August 17, 2016, 04:14:32 PM »
I was looking at page 580 again and I just noticed how annoyed Emil looks in the last panel when Reynir is holding Lalli.  ;D
Pretentious? Moi?