Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392296 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #1245 on: August 04, 2016, 08:30:32 PM »
Somehow I feel the topic has gone way off the rails.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #1246 on: August 04, 2016, 08:31:57 PM »
Yeah, probably.
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1247 on: August 04, 2016, 08:33:50 PM »
So do you have little knifes in your silverware for at-home use? How overly fancy :P

Right. Because I live with five (six, rather) people I don't have the problem of being stuck with food so I didn't think of that. Especially my dad just eats three-days-old pie or cake my cousin has eaten half and left the rest. Ew.

What a "nice problem" for your wasteline :P

I do. Well. My parents do. Family heirloom tier things.

Yeah. A sad lonely bachelor is only asking for trouble by baking a cake for himself.
Which I have done.
But it's a lot of work and then it lurks on the counter and the fridge for a while, and it just tempts me into eating more and daily.

It's terrible.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1248 on: August 04, 2016, 08:51:14 PM »
I live with just my husband and the occasional passing-through cousin these days, but when the children were little we had small cutlery for them, and I find smaller forks useful as my own hands grow gnarly with arthritis.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1249 on: August 04, 2016, 09:49:09 PM »

Not our fault if the last few panels involved eating cake with a spoon.

And aaah Roisin, you are in that age bracket - that age bracket Onni feels confident he can defeat. I would root for you though.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1250 on: August 04, 2016, 10:18:23 PM »

Besides, as of now (2016-08-05 02:17Z) there's no new page yet!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

pinkie

« Reply #1251 on: August 04, 2016, 11:30:49 PM »
Minna said on Twitter it's going to be a few hours late.

https://twitter.com/sssscomic

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1252 on: August 04, 2016, 11:38:50 PM »
Vafhudr, I might not be able to defeat him, but pretty sure I could outlast him! I'm known for stubborn! Not that I'd quarrel with a fellow pagan, I'd be more likely to feed him all the good stuff he has never had.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1253 on: August 05, 2016, 07:05:44 AM »
Not our fault if the last few panels involved eating cake with a spoon.

Exactly. We just have to have long and detailed discussions about this new-found culture difference. (New to me at least.)

And aaah Roisin, you are in that age bracket - that age bracket Onni feels confident he can defeat. I would root for you though.

Hmm, I doubt Onni thinks he can defeat the church lady because she's old, but because he can sense she doesn't have strong magic (if any).
Also I'm sure Reynir would convince Onni not to start a fight against Róisín. It's not polite.
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1254 on: August 05, 2016, 09:31:32 AM »
Today's page just blew me away.  Church Lady has clearly blocked out the trauma of when the world was falling apart, but her subconscious remembers.  Her entire haven changed to what her church must have looked like, full of victims, the dead, dying, and...changing.

Powerful stuff here.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #1255 on: August 05, 2016, 10:03:57 AM »
Thankfully for my waistline, neither would I.

But I wouldn't bust out the silverware for it either.

Especially not for the quality of cake made here.

I think using a tiny spoon for the same cup of coffee and cake would actually be pretty delicious because you'd get a bit of coffee flavoring in your cake and vice versa :3c

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1256 on: August 05, 2016, 10:06:28 AM »
Today's page sent alarm bells through my mind. Church is probably not safe... like deacons of the deep unsafe.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1257 on: August 05, 2016, 02:50:19 PM »
So Solokov that comment made me look back through the pages and I noticed something.

This is Reynir's first encounter with the church.

http://www.sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=506

That was 68 pages ago. And in comic time, that was "several weeks ago''.

Now we don't exactly know where and how far they have been, but they somehow stayed within "radio" distance of that particular spirit/dream space. Perhaps it was even the lady herself asking who was there in that panel.

Now, the reason this could be sinisiter is that I noticed a second thing while going through the pages of that chapter.

The monster in the water, the sjodraug, attacked before it was introduced.
http://www.sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=477

It could be a psychic attack, a first round meant to disable the preys. And/or lure them toward their lair. It seems that monster like this one can, like mages, have their souls wander. In fact, it seems to be an integral part to their hunting tactic - they find you and attack you in the Dreaming first, and then move in for the kill with their physical bodies. The Saw-Train Troll had the same approach. Of all the people knocked out we had all the non-mage except Tuuri (who is from a family of mages - might have some of it herself, or protections from her cousin and brother), suggesting that they had only minimal psychic protection. The other way to cut it would be that it's those who aren't immune who were unaffected.

It's unclear the role the other wraiths have in relationship to the sjodraug - are they just independently attacking the crew, all of them driven by their hunger, or are they being directed as foot soldiers by the monster?

What's suspicious is that immediately after that fight Reynir lands in the church domain. Why? Where they just suddenly spiritually close to it?

Or is it just the first layer of a troll psychic attack? A lure? Using a trapped soul as bait for wayward mages trying to save a soul?

The glowing eyes of the sheeps are especially threatening, to me anyway. Does it mean Reynir was being watched? Perhaps by something else? There was an obvious relationship to Reynir because he was a shepherd himself and his dog his a shepherd dog - making him, eventually, a literal shepperd of lost souls - but what if, what if that's not what was being hint at here?

What if, instead, we have a powerfull troll who's psychic strategy is to shepherd souls to itself, ensnaring them with cake and tiny spoons?

Other detail. Reynir doesn't break the little stained glass christian design earlier. It explodes in his hand.
It's almost like a jumpscare from a horror movie.  Pastor lady herself would probably not know - she wanders lonely her old church. If it's the church lady herself, than it might be a sort of multiple personality set up.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1258 on: August 07, 2016, 01:05:34 PM »
You're right, this is a cultural thing! I talked about it with a Finn and they told me they would eat cake with a small spoon. They also told me Finns usually don't even have such small forks.
That would explain why Onni would use the spoon on the cake, but the table was laid out by the Danish lady. Still, p. 571 panel six seems to show only one piece of silverware per person. We might have to draw the trump card of Minna being a Fennoswede here ...

The monster in the water, the sjodraug, attacked before it was introduced.
http://www.sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=477
Umh. While that attacker admittedly has a number of limbs that seems to match the sjødraug, Lalli was attacked in his haven "only" by the previously-seen humanoid ghosts, and after the cat-tank escaped, we saw but one of those left behind. And Floffy wasn't murdertouched until later. And whether Onni would fail to recognize a sjødraug - he specifically said that he doesn't know what the creature he fought off is -, is a bit dubitable ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1259 on: August 08, 2016, 11:15:19 AM »
That would explain why Onni would use the spoon on the cake, but the table was laid out by the Danish lady. Still, p. 571 panel six seems to show only one piece of silverware per person. We might have to draw the trump card of Minna being a Fennoswede here ...

Yes, I thought about that. I don't know what they use in Denmark to eat a cake.
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: