Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392345 times)

Vafhudr

• Ranger
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #1215 on: August 03, 2016, 10:00:05 PM »
To be fair, they do look like really thin, leather gloves. So they are probably no obstacles.

It's not like it's cold in the dreamworld.

I mean

probably not?
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1216 on: August 03, 2016, 10:21:16 PM »
To be fair, they do look like really thin, leather gloves. So they are probably no obstacles.

It's not like it's cold in the dreamworld.

I mean

probably not?

I suspect that temperature is meaningless in the Dreamworld.  Each mage can probably set the feel of their haven as they like, of course.

What's interesting is that Reynir can "taste" the coffee.  This isn't a substance he's ever had before, so any illusion of flavor comes from Church Lady.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #1217 on: August 03, 2016, 10:56:04 PM »
I really want to scream on disqus right now about Onni smiling and eating cake, because oh my god ?!? But I'm getting the weirdest glitch right now where it's the comments for the prologue showing up for that page and of course being over two years old comments are closed =/

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Minutia_R

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she or they
« Reply #1218 on: August 03, 2016, 11:01:14 PM »
Oh my gosh, I have been kind of lowkey suspicious of Church Lady from the start; in the last couple of pages I have decided she's probably okay but she really won my heart with the first panel today.

Also!

I really want to scream on disqus right now about Onni smiling and eating cake, because oh my god ?!? But I'm getting the weirdest glitch right now where it's the comments for the prologue showing up for that page and of course being over two years old comments are closed =/

Someone should do a side-by-side comparison of Onni and Lalli eating sweets, is all I can say.  (Possibly also Tuuri if they've got the book and feel like scanning?  IDK I haven't got my copy yet so I haven't actually read that bit.)

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #1219 on: August 03, 2016, 11:25:32 PM »
Neato, disqus glitch got fixed :3

Unfortunately I don't have access to a scanner so Tuuri can't get in on this sweet tooth collage, so here's just Hotakainens being cute but greedy and stealing someone else's desserts

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #1220 on: August 04, 2016, 12:01:20 AM »
Church Lady is OK in my book. And after she helps Murderghost and company on the the next place, she'll be able to go off and go to her own rest.

That seems to be what's coming down the pipe

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1221 on: August 04, 2016, 12:03:56 AM »
Neato, disqus glitch got fixed :3

Unfortunately I don't have access to a scanner so Tuuri can't get in on this sweet tooth collage, so here's just Hotakainens being cute but greedy and stealing someone else's desserts

3 out of 3 Hotakainens surveyed agree that you'd best watch over your sweets or they'll be gone before you know it.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1222 on: August 04, 2016, 12:24:02 AM »
Someone should do a side-by-side comparison of Onni and Lalli eating sweets, is all I can say.  (Possibly also Tuuri if they've got the book and feel like scanning?  IDK I haven't got my copy yet so I haven't actually read that bit.)

Look what you made me do:

Also...I felt weird about posting this on Tumblr because it's from the bonus comic (I have the PDF in addition to the physical book, so no scanning needed!) but I'll put it here since it's easier to remove from the forum if people think I should:
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1223 on: August 04, 2016, 12:27:13 AM »
I bet Onni never dreamed of cakes before.

Now is a good opportunity. It's not like there are any waiting for him in Finland. It's a whole new world of flavour - and mostly sugar.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Minutia_R

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she or they
« Reply #1224 on: August 04, 2016, 12:28:01 AM »
Look what you made me do:

Also...I felt weird about posting this on Tumblr because it's from the bonus comic (I have the PDF in addition to the physical book, so no scanning needed!) but I'll put it here since it's easier to remove from the forum if people think I should:

Oh gosh they all do make the same face it's great!

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1225 on: August 04, 2016, 06:42:00 AM »
Church Lady is OK in my book. And after she helps Murderghost and company on the the next place, she'll be able to go off and go to her own rest.

That seems to be what's coming down the pipe

Seems likely, but how is the church lady going to do that? She probably wants to go to her christian heaven and Onni can't do that for her. I don't know if she's capable to go to her rest herself. She has said "I can leave any moment I wish" but is that true?
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1226 on: August 04, 2016, 08:00:46 AM »
Seems likely, but how is the church lady going to do that? She probably wants to go to her christian heaven and Onni can't do that for her. I don't know if she's capable to go to her rest herself. She has said "I can leave any moment I wish" but is that true?
Possibly. On page 572, the first panel shows clouds and light as she talks about heaven. I think that might not be a representation of her afterlife, but an actual path she can walk.

Also I just want to say that Onni stealing Reynir's cake is the cutest thing ever. I get the feeling Reynir would politely pretend nothing was happening if he noticed.
"Uh, Onni?"
*munch, munch* "What?"
"Uhh... never mind."
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1227 on: August 04, 2016, 08:16:10 AM »
Possibly. On page 572, the first panel shows clouds and light as she talks about heaven. I think that might not be a representation of her afterlife, but an actual path she can walk.

Also I just want to say that Onni stealing Reynir's cake is the cutest thing ever. I get the feeling Reynir would politely pretend nothing was happening if he noticed.
"Uh, Onni?"
*munch, munch* "What?"
"Uhh... never mind."

Okay, then the church woman finding her way to heaven probably won't be much of a problem.

And yes, Onni stealing Reynir's cake is the cutest. I also think that Reynir wouldn't be mad at him or anything. He's probably happy Onni is enjoying the cake. However, is Reynir as polite as we all think? He did say "This soup tastes gross" out loud, he could have thought it.

(Mikkel also never got mad at Lalli for stealing his cookies, although he must have noticed.)

Also, Onni eats pie with a spoon... why would one eat pie with a spoon... I'd use a small fork.

I hope that in the SSSSverse, christianity is true (next to pagan and the norse gods). Because otherwise, the souls and the church lady might have a problem...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 09:07:11 AM by Miriam »
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

|Yucca|

« Reply #1228 on: August 04, 2016, 10:06:57 AM »
Also, Onni eats pie with a spoon... why would one eat pie with a spoon... I'd use a small fork

Is this a cultural thing or what? I've seen a lot of discussion about this in the comment section of the page too and it puzzles me. Because at least here in Finland it's the definite norm to eat cake with a small spoon. As is supplying the guests with one if coffee with cake or the sort is served.
I barely survived:
:chap5:  :book2:  :book3:  :book4:
:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #1229 on: August 04, 2016, 10:47:00 AM »
I bet Onni never dreamed of cakes before.

Now is a good opportunity. It's not like there are any waiting for him in Finland. It's a whole new world of flavour - and mostly sugar.

Yeah, but he's in Sweden right now!