Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392443 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #1155 on: July 28, 2016, 07:14:07 PM »
Ah yes, that guy - that cartoon is all the more blackly funny for being true.

And Juniper, don't lose heart! A lot of us are still trying to have a civilised discussion about an interesting topic, to clarify and understand the ideas, viewpoint and experience of others, rather than taking the chance to cut loose and be offensive. Why not talk to us and ignore the ones being vile? Yeah, I can understand why people get upset, as in the earlier blow-ups about race and gender, and why some of us might be very touchy about some of these topics, with reasons based in our own real-life experiences. But I don't consider that a reason to just toss insults and inflammatory comments around. If we are to be trusted with a forum and a comments section, we need to observe the courtesies and talk to one another rather than screaming insults. Doesn't mean we can't have vigorous debates, but let's keep it civilised, hmmm?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

|Yucca|

« Reply #1156 on: July 28, 2016, 09:05:23 PM »
Not related to the latest topic here in any way, but I just realized that since this dream sequence seems to just go on and on, chapter 11 has turned out to be a rather long chapter. Book 2 will be longer than book 1, yay. Has there been any word about book 2 by Minna, though? I wasn't yet around when the Indiegogo campaign for book 1 happened, but it happened way before the comic pages for it were finished. I suppose this current chapter will be the end of book 2, no?

Anyway, this latest page seems to be kind of a set up for a recurring character. I suppose her use will have something to do with the murderghosts.

Sidenote: has Reynir really been asleep like he was in page 555 during this whole sequence? Boy is he going to have a broken neck when he wakes up. I'm also wondering what happened to that soup bowl.
I barely survived:
:chap5:  :book2:  :book3:  :book4:
:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Róisín

« Reply #1157 on: July 28, 2016, 09:34:55 PM »
Time in dreams, or the dreamworld, may be different to time in our reality. I'm sure most people have had dreams where they doze for a few minutes and live a whole dream life, or conversely sleep all night and only have time in the dream for a few lines of conversation? I've noticed that both of those tend to happen when I'm very tired or sleep deprived. Dreams when not exhausted tend to have a more comparable timescale.

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1158 on: July 28, 2016, 10:10:30 PM »
It's REALLY interesting on today's page that she's aware that it's been a long time, and that she still has some purpose.

So that strikes me as a hint that there are still members of her faith out there in the Silent World (possibly even in the Known World, although they presumably have their own priests).
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1159 on: July 28, 2016, 10:59:49 PM »
My impression is that this priestess believes that she has something to do, but not really. She is the very reason why she can't move on. Her comment about her loneliness makes me question my earlier idea that she lingers to help other spirits and souls. She is not seeing anyone - or perhaps she is, and dream time is in full effect, making it feel like an eternity.

Onni's apprehension might be justified. Who knows - perhaps the plague is not the only way to turn into a monster. Perhaps, eventually, her feeling of loneliness and abandonment will lead her astray, into a wandering spirit or perhaps one more malignant from the despair.

Her isolation spared her the monster, and her conviction that she is there for a higher purpose brings her peace of mind, but who knows how long this will go - and what are the consequences to that.

Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #1160 on: July 28, 2016, 11:06:44 PM »
Okay so like, those things that show up when a character is introduced that say their name / nationality / a tidbit about them / ect. I'm wondering if one for her is going to show up eventually ? Right now I think she's supposed to be mysterious which is why we haven't seen hers yet. Kind of like how when Lalli spotted Reynir running off in the distance in the dreamworld we didn't see his intro yet because he was supposed to still be all mysterious.

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Róisín

« Reply #1161 on: July 28, 2016, 11:09:41 PM »
I think this is what Onni is concerned about. He seems to believe (I think quite reasonably) that being dead and not moving on can turn the soul dangerous, as in the murderghosts. Let's hope she really does have a mission.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #1162 on: July 28, 2016, 11:26:00 PM »
I think this is what Onni is concerned about. He seems to believe (I think quite reasonably) that being dead and not moving on can turn the soul dangerous, as in the murderghosts. Let's hope she really does have a mission.

Both things can be true.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #1163 on: July 29, 2016, 01:30:27 AM »
You know everyone's always talking about Lalli being a cat and Reynir acting like an excitable little puppy but I don't see as much talk about how Onni has some behavior that seems pretty avian, granted that's probably because he's not in there as much. But anyway today's page having Onni do that silent glare thing he does like here makes me think something about that behavior does seem kind of avian to me, it especially brings to mind something from the raptor family (large predatory birds like hawks, eagles, and of course owls) 

EDIT: Ah here we go the "Abrahamic religions are a disease" dude is back at it again on this page too ;-_-
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:35:51 AM by Juniper »

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

pinkie

« Reply #1164 on: July 29, 2016, 02:21:28 AM »
Maybe her mission is to get rid of the murderghosts?

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1165 on: July 29, 2016, 03:26:32 AM »
Being a jerk knows no religion. There are certain things that just stand out to me more because they make me twitch the most.

Quote from: Juniper
EDIT: Ah here we go the "Abrahamic religions are a disease" dude is back at it again on this page too ;-_-

Jon Ronson said in his book that there is two kinds of people (on twitter): Those that put humans over ideology and those that put ideology over humans.

To me both are extremes. There is people lingering on the internet, waiting to troll every comment section that is larger than a certain number (which might be linked to higher chances of getting an outraged reply). The stage they get should be as small as possible.

Quote from: |Yucca|
Has there been any word about book 2 by Minna, though?
Only thing I know is that she did not want to run a book campaign this year

So I come back from a holiday finding someone dead alive in dream world. I'm looking forward to see their secret revealed.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #1166 on: July 29, 2016, 04:33:00 AM »
I hope that they will stay for another bit and talk to the mysterious ghost lady on the next page. I'd be really disappointed if it would just be Onni grabbing Reynir and shoving him out, "that's enough now!".  :D
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

ChazHoosier

« Reply #1167 on: July 30, 2016, 12:05:46 PM »
I assume the pastor's mission on earth will be concluded by leading the ghosts following the team to the afterlife.  Since Christianity seems to be false in the world of SSSS, it's probably the pagan afterlife of floating sleepily in dust and shadows.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #1168 on: July 30, 2016, 03:05:26 PM »
I assume the pastor's mission on earth will be concluded by leading the ghosts following the team to the afterlife.  Since Christianity seems to be false in the world of SSSS, it's probably the pagan afterlife of floating sleepily in dust and shadows.

It's not clear that Christianity (or any other non-old-gods religion) is false or true in the SSSSverse.  The belief is that the Norse gods protected Iceland (although I'd go with the ruthless quarantine helping a lot with that -- the gods help those whom help themselves), and the Icelanders and Norwegians worship them. The Swedes definitely don't, though, nor do the Danes.  The Finns have their own, unrelated, gods.  Mages, as far as we know, draw their power from the gods (although I have my own theories on that).

So the only thing we have to go in is that a) gods exist in this world and b) multiple sets of gods can exist at the same time. 

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1169 on: July 30, 2016, 03:27:33 PM »
It's not clear that Christianity (or any other non-old-gods religion) is false or true in the SSSSverse.  The belief is that the Norse gods protected Iceland (although I'd go with the ruthless quarantine helping a lot with that -- the gods help those whom help themselves), and the Icelanders and Norwegians worship them. The Swedes definitely don't, though, nor do the Danes.  The Finns have their own, unrelated, gods.  Mages, as far as we know, draw their power from the gods (although I have my own theories on that).

So the only thing we have to go in is that a) gods exist in this world and b) multiple sets of gods can exist at the same time.

Yes. It could be possible that all current religions are true in the SSSS universe (including the Flying spaghetti monster, haha) and all gods exist next to each other. In Y90, however, I think the Norse and pagan gods are way more powerful than any of the other.
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: