Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392395 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #1125 on: July 27, 2016, 10:35:49 AM »
Well so much for it being the priest of a community way out in the silent world... still detecting no malice though. Annoyance maybe but not malice.

Hell still could be a community with this lady acting as a guardian spirit.

Sticking to this line of thinking only because I don't want to be a cynic about this one.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1126 on: July 27, 2016, 12:09:04 PM »
It's really interesting that she's dead and aware she's dead.

Yes. If the reason she's in the dreamworld is that she's dead, then maybe she isn't necessarily a mage.
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1127 on: July 27, 2016, 12:22:42 PM »
Yes. If the reason she's in the dreamworld is that she's dead, then maybe she isn't necessarily a mage.

She wakes up in the dreamworld thinking, "Man, I'm dead tired today"
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #1128 on: July 27, 2016, 12:25:54 PM »
She wakes up in the dreamworld thinking, "Man, I'm dead tired today"

She woke up and she was dead.

Also. Reynir has his hands at the side of his face. I don't think that has much use, since the priest is in front of them, but it looks funny.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:42:33 PM by Miriam »
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ChazHoosier

« Reply #1129 on: July 27, 2016, 08:52:14 PM »
I really hope we don't dwell on this priest too much.  I'd rather just explore a pagan world than talk about the short-comings of Christianity.

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1130 on: July 27, 2016, 09:01:15 PM »
I really hope we don't dwell on this priest too much.  I'd rather just explore a pagan world than talk about the short-comings of Christianity.
My personal theory is that she is going to give them some sort of advice/help to deal with the murderghosts. She might end up moving on into the afterlife, but I don't think she'll be a recurring character.
Then again, I have no actual evidence to base this on, this is pure guesswork on my part.
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1131 on: July 27, 2016, 09:27:37 PM »

Given the cesspol that a comments section can turn into (and, from the looks of it, unfortunately is turning into) at the merest mention of religion? Completely agree. I was enjoying the pagan universe. I want to know more about the pagan universe. I'm still banking on the murderghosts being Christians who might be helped to remember their past selves via their religion, but I'd really rather not see such a storyline get dragged out.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

ChazHoosier

« Reply #1132 on: July 27, 2016, 09:47:37 PM »
I'd be fine with Christianity simply turning out to have been false in the SSSS world.  Any compromise would be a great misrepresentation of what Christianity is.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1133 on: July 27, 2016, 09:58:41 PM »
Lazy8, that's what I'm hoping too! As a lifelong and active Pagan (albeit Celtic rather than Nordic), I'm delighted to see some of our faiths get an airing in a story rather than just being used as 'generic evils'. But I'm curious to see what Minna makes of the story, and a Lutheran minister (or her ghost) is not an unreasonable being to find in post-apoc Denmark. I had been assuming that she was doing what any sufficiently well-trained and stubborn shaman or Pagan elder would do in the circumstances, which is hanging about after death to care for her folk.

And I shall do my best to remain courteous and not deepen the cesspool! If we all try to remain civil it should be okay, I hope. For what it's worth, people who wander the internet far more than I do inform me that we are an uncommonly civilised fandom.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1134 on: July 27, 2016, 10:54:48 PM »
I'm still banking on the murderghosts being Christians who might be helped to remember their past selves via their religion, but I'd really rather not see such a storyline get dragged out.

This is my position on it as well.

I don't think it'll get drawn out, but at this point it's hard to tell precisely where things are going. :Va
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #1135 on: July 27, 2016, 11:07:22 PM »
This is my position on it as well.

I don't think it'll get drawn out, but at this point it's hard to tell precisely where things are going. :Va

I'm staying optimistic it won't either, so far we've had a portion of this chapter and one page from last chapter going over Christian themes, it might be like aRTD where you have one chapter that talks a bit about Christianity or related things and that's it, or it might be like, two or so chapters because SSSS is way longer but it'd still be a snippet of the story.

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1136 on: July 27, 2016, 11:58:19 PM »
I agree with Roisin. The vibe I am getting is that this old lutheran pastor was just too stubborn to go on and insists on carrying her duties to minister to the souls in need of it.

Now how effective this may be, we don't know.

My general metaphysical take on the topic is that having christian and pagan priests running around doesn't really matter. The fundamental understructure. the dreaming/spirit world, is common to all men, across all culture and religious traditions, possibly.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1137 on: July 28, 2016, 12:35:55 AM »
Vafhudr, that would be my take on it, yeah. Some cultures believe that is the real world and we are a pale reflection, other cultures the reverse, or something completely different. But I've known many different cultures and faiths, and have never encountered one that didn't at least have the concept.

And yeah, I see no reason why an honestly spiritual Christian priest of any denomination should not be willing to put her own future on hold to care for her folk. After all, that's her job.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #1138 on: July 28, 2016, 05:58:42 AM »
Given the cesspol that a comments section can turn into (and, from the looks of it, unfortunately is turning into) at the merest mention of religion? Completely agree. I was enjoying the pagan universe. I want to know more about the pagan universe. I'm still banking on the murderghosts being Christians who might be helped to remember their past selves via their religion, but I'd really rather not see such a storyline get dragged out.

I agree too. We want a pagan world. This is why I hope Reynir (even though he's a herder and can walk over water) won't become a christian.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1139 on: July 28, 2016, 08:29:49 AM »
I agree too. We want a pagan world. This is why I hope Reynir (even though he's a herder and can walk over water) won't become a christian.

Given what Minna said about the Norse gods not granting powers to anyone who's been claimed by other gods, I find Reynir becoming Christian to be highly unlikely. (Though it just occurred to me it might be pretty funny if he gets mistaken for Jesus by the murderghosts for the aforementioned reasons and that's why they let him lead them to rest. ;D ) Minna has also talked about her fascination with Norse mythology, so there's still some hope in me that that will remain the primary focus of the story as far as religion goes.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18: