Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392268 times)

Minutia_R

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she or they
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #1065 on: July 20, 2016, 05:08:56 AM »
Is ... Onni ... smiling in the second panel?

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1066 on: July 20, 2016, 06:36:24 AM »

Yaaas he is smiling

Eeeeeeee
Reynir and him get along better and better, he's not even annoyed any more and enjoys talking with Reynir!
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #1067 on: July 20, 2016, 07:00:35 AM »
Now, anybody willing to guess what is it that he's seen? I'm betting on the broken window from his previous vision of the church.
From the place's layout, Reynir should be looking at the (closed) door in the background of panel five, or maybe the window next to it. I guess that Onni would have noticed if it had suddenly opened, so Reynir should either be genuinely going "I wonder what's behind that door?", or have seen something outside through the window.

(And then there's the well-known relationship between Minna and architectural continuity that would allow for Reynir to walk up to a humongous mural on the next page and start deciphering the scene shown on it.)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1068 on: July 20, 2016, 09:37:14 AM »
Indeed.  So Reynir really is just that innocent, but Onni knows what a church is.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

ChazHoosier

« Reply #1069 on: July 20, 2016, 09:42:07 AM »
For whatever speculation is worth, I think this church is a sort of prophetic vision of what they are going to encounter in Odense.  Lalli has had prophetic dreams as well, hasn't he?

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #1070 on: July 20, 2016, 11:04:11 AM »

But when you go to the main page the preview for today's page is him smiling like I actually let out a small gasp when I saw in the page preview Onni smiling ?!?

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1071 on: July 20, 2016, 12:07:27 PM »
But when you go to the main page the preview for today's page is him smiling like I actually let out a small gasp when I saw in the page preview Onni smiling ?!?

Small???
You should have heard my gasp...
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ChazHoosier

« Reply #1072 on: July 20, 2016, 05:12:11 PM »
On a hunch I looked up what churches on Bornholm look like—lots of similarities, but nothing that clinches a theory that we might see something about Mikkel's past.  The ceiling in particular looks similar to the ones in some Bornholm parishes.  Almost all of them have pulpits and elaborate altarpieces, though.

Svaneke Kirke, Bornholm

Christiansø Kirke, Bornholm
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 05:18:03 PM by ChazHoosier »

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1073 on: July 20, 2016, 05:37:56 PM »
Hey, maybe Mikkel is a closet Christian AND doesn't know he's a mage.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

ChazHoosier

« Reply #1074 on: July 20, 2016, 06:07:13 PM »
I dunno that Mikkel has shown himself to be particularly pious or magically inclined, but maybe he's dreaming of a place back home.

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1075 on: July 20, 2016, 09:55:57 PM »
Hm. Mikkel might be Christian. After all, one of the features of the danes in the comic is to be stubborn and clinging to history and old ways.

But I don't recall seeing Mikkel asleep before this sequence.

And I don't think you need to be a mage for this. I am pretty sure everyone can dream and that everyone has a homebase/sanctuary. Mages are different insofar that they can willingly move to and fro in the dream.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #1076 on: July 20, 2016, 10:02:57 PM »
I just remembered- when Reynir broke the framed picture with the crosses, Minna said:

"And if you had shown Mikkel the cross he would have been able to tell you, but you had to grab the unrecognisable thing you trashed."

So Mikkel at least knows something about Christianity and its symbols, possibly more that Onni?
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #1077 on: July 20, 2016, 10:04:20 PM »
Hm. Mikkel might be Christian. After all, one of the features of the danes in the comic is to be stubborn and clinging to history and old ways.

But I don't recall seeing Mikkel asleep before this sequence.

And I don't think you need to be a mage for this. I am pretty sure everyone can dream and that everyone has a homebase/sanctuary. Mages are different insofar that they can willingly move to and fro in the dream.

Well, we saw that Lalli's haven was still there even when he's awake, just empty. So even if Mikkel was awake when Reynir fell asleep it could still be there.

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1078 on: July 20, 2016, 10:04:54 PM »
Yeah, that was my understanding: that everyone has a dream space, but mostly only the mages can be active and conscious in them while their body sleeps, and can intentionally go outside them into the broader Dreamworld. (Maybe ordinary non-magey people can get out into the broader Dreamworld without intending to, and that is what causes horrific nightmares, or people who die in their sleep for no visible reason......)
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1079 on: July 20, 2016, 10:11:36 PM »
I just remembered- when Reynir broke the framed picture with the crosses, Minna said:

"And if you had shown Mikkel the cross he would have been able to tell you, but you had to grab the unrecognisable thing you trashed."

So Mikkel at least knows something about Christianity and its symbols, possibly more that Onni?

But he might also only know about it. Premium and emphasis on history and all that.

Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...