Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392289 times)

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #1005 on: July 15, 2016, 05:42:06 PM »
At first I was all pumped for Reynir and Onni to go on a dream world adventure together and it's cool that Onni is literally being pushed out of his comfort zone but like, at the same time now I'm starting to feel bad for him and kind of just want everyone to leave that poor scared owl child alone.

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Eris

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Lady of Chaos
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1006 on: July 15, 2016, 07:42:53 PM »
Something I saw in the comments which is an exciting idea - what if the church is a different person's dreamspace?  Lalli has his cove with paths, Onni has his rock shelter and Reynir his grassy meadow with sheep.  Reynir has demonstrated that he can accidentally enter other people's dreamspaces (including before he met the team, when he ran into Lalli's dream).  The first time Reynir found himself in the pews, there was a voice asking if someone was there, and Christianity appears to have died out in Scandinavia, so then this could be someone outside the Known World. 

Probably wrong, but wouldn't that be exciting?
I want it to be another person so badly it hurts. I mean, wouldn't that be a neat discovery to bring back to the known world? A whole colony of other people, previously lost! Because it couldn't just be like one person, or else we'd have to end up with another cast member, and we already have all our main cast members, right? Oooh, the suspense!

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1007 on: July 15, 2016, 08:08:16 PM »
Something I saw in the comments which is an exciting idea - what if the church is a different person's dreamspace?  Lalli has his cove with paths, Onni has his rock shelter and Reynir his grassy meadow with sheep.  Reynir has demonstrated that he can accidentally enter other people's dreamspaces (including before he met the team, when he ran into Lalli's dream).  The first time Reynir found himself in the pews, there was a voice asking if someone was there, and Christianity appears to have died out in Scandinavia, so then this could be someone outside the Known World. 

Probably wrong, but wouldn't that be exciting?

I saw this in the comments too and I really, really like this idea! And the thought of encountering someone outside the known world is so enticing and scary and awesome... Very impatient to see where this all goes.

I want it to be another person so badly it hurts. I mean, wouldn't that be a neat discovery to bring back to the known world? A whole colony of other people, previously lost! Because it couldn't just be like one person, or else we'd have to end up with another cast member, and we already have all our main cast members, right? Oooh, the suspense!

Same!!! But I also am wondering about the whole new-cast-member-thing. And the whole fact that this is in the dream space, so if it was someone new or something important, how would they share it with everyone else? Would they share it with the others?
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1008 on: July 15, 2016, 08:24:03 PM »
* LooNEY_DAC tries to hide evil grin
…Unless, of course, the colony survives by killing any outsiders that stumble upon them, possibly eating them as well...

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #1009 on: July 15, 2016, 10:02:45 PM »
* LooNEY_DAC tries to hide evil grin
…Unless, of course, the colony survives by killing any outsiders that stumble upon them, possibly eating them as well...

Ooh, yesss..... >:D As much as I want that to happen I think cannibalism is too dark a subject for a "light-hearted story of friendship and camaraderie" :P
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
« Reply #1010 on: July 15, 2016, 11:25:08 PM »
Ooh, yesss..... >:D As much as I want that to happen I think cannibalism is too dark a subject for a "light-hearted story of friendship and camaraderie" :P
So, just killing them then? Minna did hint at darker times to come...
*evil grin*
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Eris

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Lady of Chaos
« Reply #1011 on: July 16, 2016, 10:58:58 AM »
So, just killing them then? Minna did hint at darker times to come...
*evil grin*
Everything will be made of gumdrops, lollipops, and spun sugar! O_O

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #1012 on: July 16, 2016, 11:02:21 AM »
Everything will be made of gumdrops, lollipops, and spun sugar! O_O

Yes, yes, this is what I need to hear! They will eat candy, not each other.
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

rundrewrun

« Reply #1013 on: July 16, 2016, 11:34:33 PM »
Maybe the person will attempt to convert them to Christianity, I wonder who other than Reynir would take the opportunity...

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
« Reply #1014 on: July 16, 2016, 11:48:00 PM »
Maybe the person will attempt to convert them to Christianity, I wonder who other than Reynir would take the opportunity...
Sigrun: NO
Mikkel: *skepticism intensifies*
Lalli: *shrug* *wanders away*
I'm thinking either Tuuri or Emil.
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1015 on: July 16, 2016, 11:57:33 PM »

Or perhaps it will be a troll.

Someone transformed, but whose soul is trapped and continues to be linked to the Dreaming.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #1016 on: July 17, 2016, 01:48:50 AM »

Someone transformed, but whose soul is trapped and continues to be linked to the Dreaming.

or... KADE!! Seriously I want a mage battle so badly now!!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #1017 on: July 17, 2016, 09:26:16 AM »
or... KADE!! Seriously I want a mage battle so badly now!!
*slams fist on table* MAGE FIGHT ! MAGE FIGHT !

I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1018 on: July 17, 2016, 09:30:08 AM »

...I read that before I saw the quote you were responding to, and read it as "troll gets converted to Christianity." ;D
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1019 on: July 17, 2016, 10:57:05 AM »
Well, I am mostly basing this idea on what we have seen so far. If it's indeed a person or a mage's "sanctuary", it departs considerably from what we have seen so far - mage sanctuaries reflects the user in a way, and tend to be rather positive.

The two glimpses of the dream place was 1) an empty church painted in cool and dark shades; 2) featuring broken glasswork, suggesting abandonment.

So either it's an old piece of the dreaming, or it's from someone who still remembers christianity - and for that to be the case they had to be either alive at the time of illness, or they have to belong to a group that still believes in it.

Either way, whoever it is behind this chunk of dream, I think they will be an antagonist - and that indeed, we may very well get a mage fight. 
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...