Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392210 times)

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #990 on: July 13, 2016, 08:11:59 AM »
Actually, the thing that most struck me (like, instantly) on today's page is that Onni's fear of the Silent World -- the world outside a protected space -- doesn't go away just because he's in the Dreamworld.  Onni really doesn't want to leave his protective sphere.

What the heck is chasing him?
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #991 on: July 14, 2016, 03:16:02 AM »
Look what I found:

https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=6.0

and it says topic=6.0

This really was the sixth topic on this forum woooot?
merged :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 07:54:55 AM by kjeks »
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #992 on: July 14, 2016, 03:21:06 AM »
Kjeks, what a find!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #993 on: July 14, 2016, 07:47:43 AM »
Look what I found:

https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=6.0

and it says topic=6.0

This really was the sixth topic on this forum woooot?
Yuuago and Fimbulvarg would you mind me merging them some time in the near future?

Huh! Wow. : D
I don't mind at all.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #994 on: July 14, 2016, 07:55:39 AM »
Huh! Wow. : D
I don't mind at all.
Thanks!
Done so - and now let's see what the new page will bring on friday =)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #995 on: July 15, 2016, 05:18:19 AM »
About page 563, I think Reynir still doesn't realise Onni can't walk over water. Apparently he can when pushed by an Icelandic mage, though.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 07:08:12 AM by Miriam »
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #996 on: July 15, 2016, 08:42:11 AM »
About page 563, I think Reynir still doesn't realise Onni can't walk over water. Apparently he can when pushed by an Icelandic mage, though.
it is more like, he CAN, but he was scared. and we knew that. About his ability on walking on water was unknown

But Onni run next to Reynir, not in Reynir's steps like Lalli, he can walk on water, it seems.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #997 on: July 15, 2016, 08:59:41 AM »
it is more like, he CAN, but he was scared. and we knew that. About his ability on walking on water was unknown

But Onni run next to Reynir, not in Reynir's steps like Lalli, he can walk on water, it seems.

I interpret that panel as if the lake stops there and the water isn't deep, so the last steps he can walk.
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #998 on: July 15, 2016, 09:02:27 AM »
Personally, I love the way Reynir just pushes Onni across the water.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #999 on: July 15, 2016, 09:11:03 AM »
Personally, I love the way Reynir just pushes Onni across the water.

Yes, hahaha! Off topic, but in the game Animal Crossing (New Leaf) I used to push idle people around just like that, when they visited my town. When they returned to their 3DS they didn't understand how they came at the other side of the town. Good times...

Also, Reynir must be strong or something. Tuuri had trouble pushing Lalli when he didn't want to go in the train to Denmark, so pushing an Onni who isn't voluntary coming, must be hard...

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #1000 on: July 15, 2016, 09:26:46 AM »
Yes, hahaha! Off topic, but in the game Animal Crossing (New Leaf) I used to push idle people around just like that, when they visited my town. When they returned to their 3DS they didn't understand how they came at the other side of the town. Good times...

Also, Reynir must be strong or something. Tuuri had trouble pushing Lalli when he didn't want to go in the train to Denmark, so pushing an Onni who isn't voluntary coming, must be hard...

Yeah, although that was in the physical world, not the dreamworld.  And I suspect that, untrained though he is, Reynir is a pretty strong mage.

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #1001 on: July 15, 2016, 09:32:31 AM »
Yeah, although that was in the physical world, not the dreamworld.  And I suspect that, untrained though he is, Reynir is a pretty strong mage.

It was the dreamworld for Onni too, so if Reynir is stronger there then he must be too. And I think that being a strong mage is something else than being physically strong... or is it?

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #1002 on: July 15, 2016, 09:52:57 AM »
It was the dreamworld for Onni too, so if Reynir is stronger there then he must be too. And I think that being a strong mage is something else than being physically strong... or is it?

It's hard to say. And Onni was caught by surprise. (And also mainly works in defensive magic, so who knows how that relates.  Obviously he can't keep Reynir out of his personal space)

Mayabird

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1003 on: July 15, 2016, 01:32:24 PM »
Something I saw in the comments which is an exciting idea - what if the church is a different person's dreamspace?  Lalli has his cove with paths, Onni has his rock shelter and Reynir his grassy meadow with sheep.  Reynir has demonstrated that he can accidentally enter other people's dreamspaces (including before he met the team, when he ran into Lalli's dream).  The first time Reynir found himself in the pews, there was a voice asking if someone was there, and Christianity appears to have died out in Scandinavia, so then this could be someone outside the Known World. 

Probably wrong, but wouldn't that be exciting?

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #1004 on: July 15, 2016, 02:11:11 PM »
Something I saw in the comments which is an exciting idea - what if the church is a different person's dreamspace?  Lalli has his cove with paths, Onni has his rock shelter and Reynir his grassy meadow with sheep.  Reynir has demonstrated that he can accidentally enter other people's dreamspaces (including before he met the team, when he ran into Lalli's dream).  The first time Reynir found himself in the pews, there was a voice asking if someone was there, and Christianity appears to have died out in Scandinavia, so then this could be someone outside the Known World. 

Probably wrong, but wouldn't that be exciting?

That would be very interesting. We'll see. If Onni isn't able to enter the church, then the hypothesis is correct. So it's easy to check, we'll find out.