Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 399224 times)

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2016, 09:55:33 PM »
People have speculated.  I've only been to Copenhagen once so I'm a bad judge of it.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2016, 10:50:19 AM »
I think earlier on, somebody tried to map it (please tell me I was not imagining things). But at the current point, I think, there's not enough visual information to be able to pinpoint them precisely.

It would be cool if we get another shot where we can see exactly where they are - maybe that'll happen before the end of chapter?
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2016, 12:54:02 PM »
I think earlier on, somebody tried to map it (please tell me I was not imagining things).
You are not.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2016, 05:31:18 PM »
LooNEY - Thanks for that! I knew I'd seen something like that somewhere.

Anyway...
P490

Hi Sigrun, bye Sigrun (seriously though, given she's standing in the middle of it, looks like she could get knocked over and into the water in the next second! Though hopefully that won't happen).

I wonder what that thing even is. Giant, or a very (very) large Beast?

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2016, 05:52:15 PM »
Giant, I think. Can't remember any animals that look like that. Except maybe squid, which aren't mammals so are immune.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

|Yucca|

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2016, 05:56:31 PM »
Hi Sigrun, bye Sigrun (seriously though, given she's standing in the middle of it, looks like she could get knocked over and into the water in the next second! Though hopefully that won't happen).

I had the same idea when I saw the page. Sigrun is also a perfect candidate for being thrown into water as her left arm is tied up (not very tightly but tied up nonetheless) and weakened from the attack earlier.
I barely survived:
:chap5:  :book2:  :book3:  :book4:
:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2016, 05:58:21 PM »
Giant, I think. Can't remember any animals that look like that. Except maybe squid, which aren't mammals so are immune.

Could be a whale. A whale with tentacles (hey, if the dog was secretly a spider-thing, then why not...). ;p But yeah, giant's probably the more likely explanation.

I had the same idea when I saw the page. Sigrun is also a perfect candidate for being thrown into water as her left arm is tied up (not very tightly but tied up nonetheless) and weakened from the attack earlier.

I didn't even consider that, but you're of course right. ...Is it terrible that I kind of want it to happen? : D

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2016, 06:21:59 PM »

Probably a giant, although it COULD be a very weirdly shaped Beast.  The info page says that they often look like their former selves. But often and always are two very different things.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2016, 06:50:58 PM »
Well, we've also seen that trolls make complex structures, possibly for hibernation/life support. This could be one of those, even if it's alive.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

cati

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • ≁❀ | aguacatillo
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her(s)
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2016, 07:19:01 PM »
Sigrun sure knows she's in trouble there, next week promises to be .. something... And whatever this thing is, I don't really trust my visual-reading but it seems like it may be capable of moving pretty fast, considering its size and dried-out-ness?

Have to love Mikkel's "hands off" in the top panel. Poor guy, chopping into that is not what he thought he was doing.
Native: :uk: :spain:
Can use without dying of self-consciousness: :uk:
Read: :faroe: :norway: Old Icelandic, Old English
Just enough for Eurovision coverage: :sweden:
Guiltily need to get back to studying, please slap me with an appropriate wet fish: :finland: :japan:
Unintended surprising partial osmosis: :estonia: :denmark:

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2016, 08:53:58 PM »
I didn't even consider that, but you're of course right. ...Is it terrible that I kind of want it to happen? : D

That makes two of us! Or three? I want something to happen, at any rate - Sigrun getting pulled into the water and needing rescuing would be really interesting (I didn't think I'd be saying that about a female character, ever, but then she's not your typical damsel), or perhaps Sigrun (and Emil?) pulling the Watcher's attention to themselves so the rest of the crew can escape? The cat-tank would be an easy snack, otherwise.

I'm excited!  ;D
Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)

IKEA

« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2016, 08:56:21 PM »
Yay, a comic discussion that hopefully won't be swarmed with "new page" (I never read very far through Discus). I'm waiting for two things: Emil to flamethrower something and Lalli to use that sniper rifle he totes around. With this comic (490, for future reference) I doubt either of them are very far off.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2016, 09:28:35 PM »
That makes two of us! Or three? I want something to happen, at any rate - Sigrun getting pulled into the water and needing rescuing would be really interesting (I didn't think I'd be saying that about a female character, ever, but then she's not your typical damsel), or perhaps Sigrun (and Emil?) pulling the Watcher's attention to themselves so the rest of the crew can escape? The cat-tank would be an easy snack, otherwise.

I'm excited!  ;D

Yessss exactly. I confess, I'm one of those people who loves seeing my faves get knocked around and injured and put in perilous situations and so on, and Sigrun's no exception. Hell, she's a troll hunter, it's just an occupational hazard, right? : D Though this is... a sliiiightly different situation than the usual, I think. As far as rescues go, well - I expect that everyone will get their turn at needing help at some point or other, so it's probably just a matter of time. ;p

The "drawing attention in order for the rest to escape" idea would be really interesting. Must confess, I like the idea of Sigrun and/or Emil doing that. ...Though in this particular situation that we currently have, they would probably be dead. So dead. Probably. It's such an amazing mess. : D

I'm waiting for two things: Emil to flamethrower something and Lalli to use that sniper rifle he totes around. With this comic (490, for future reference) I doubt either of them are very far off.

+1 to both. Flamethrower action is probably coming  up sometime soon. But Lalli is still incapacitated, so we'll probably have to wait longer for that.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2016, 09:35:35 PM »

I'm excited!  ;D

Normally I wouldn't, but... yeah. Plus she's already saved Emil's butt, and Reynir's, so it's not like it would be completely unfair. Though I'd like to see her at least make it back out of the water on her own before collapsing from exhaustion/cold/injury.

Yessss exactly. I confess, I'm one of those people who loves seeing my faves get knocked around and injured and put in perilous situations and so on, and Sigrun's no exception. Hell, she's a troll hunter, it's just an occupational hazard, right? : D Though this is... a sliiiightly different situation than the usual, I think. As far as rescues go, well - I expect that everyone will get their turn at needing help at some point or other, so it's probably just a matter of time. ;p

The "drawing attention in order for the rest to escape" idea would be really interesting. Must confess, I like the idea of Sigrun and/or Emil doing that. ...Though in this particular situation that we currently have, they would probably be dead. So dead. Probably. It's such an amazing mess. : D

+1 to both. Flamethrower action is probably coming  up sometime soon. But Lalli is still incapacitated, so we'll probably have to wait longer for that.

...I am not the only one who is so, so horrible to my favorite characters. And yeah, I think a flamethrower is the only way to deal with this situation.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2016, 09:46:35 PM »
I'm waiting for two things: Emil to flamethrower something and Lalli to use that sniper rifle he totes around. With this comic (490, for future reference) I doubt either of them are very far off.

Haha, yeah...at this point I feel like it's Chekhov's flamethrower, since Minna mentioned it in the comments a few days ago. He HAS to use it soon!
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: