Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 393581 times)

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2016, 11:43:03 AM »
but on the upside, he seems to have a good heart. : )

Oh, yes, that's definitely it and not that I must have perfect hair at all times. :D

On another note and to not go too far off topic: What do you think Reynir is doing right now? Is he still afraid that the ghosts will come back or is he too busy worshipping Onni? Is he so exhausted that he falls asleep immediately or is he afraid to go back right to the dreamspace after such a traumatic event? Or maybe he can't wait to go look for Lalli and Onni?
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2016, 11:47:31 AM »
On another note and to not go too far off topic: What do you think Reynir is doing right now? Is he still afraid that the ghosts will come back or is he too busy worshipping Onni? Is he so exhausted that he falls asleep immediately or is he afraid to go back right to the dreamspace after such a traumatic event? Or maybe he can't wait to go look for Lalli and Onni?

Let's see... the last time we see Reynir is on P 482, and he seems to be awake/conscious/sufficiently upright that he wouldn't, like, collapse or anything.

Everything is happening REALLY quickly (re: the drive), so I'm not sure if he would have had time to actually do much. Poor kid's still probably processing everything. :Va
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2016, 11:53:47 AM »
If he's still awake, he might just poke his head put of the tank any minute now to see whether he can help - and probably right when Mikkel and Sigrun hit a live troll limb and Emil is torching everything cause he saw something move in the shadows. :D

(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2016, 11:54:22 AM »
I'm very much looking forward to seeing more Emil! I wouldn't have expected it but for some strange reason he's the character I identify most with. (I'm a bit worried about what that might say about me...)

Haha...I know that feeling, except for me it's Tuuri. I identify with her pretty strongly, even (especially?) when she's being weasel-y. (I should be more concerned about that, probably, but I defy anyone to work a customer service job without developing an inner weasel).

Oh, yes, that's definitely it and not that I must have perfect hair at all times. :D

I've been wondering what Reynir is doing too! I doubt he'd be asleep after all that, so I imagine him more curled into a ball shaking somewhere. I have a feeling when everyone calms down a little he's going to get yelled at, especially since he's (essentially) alone in the tank with a panicking Tuuri.

(Ahahaha that gif is perfect!)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2016, 12:01:40 PM »
Haha...I know that feeling, except for me it's Tuuri. I identify with her pretty strongly, even (especially?) when she's being weasel-y.

I kind of expected to identify with Tuuri, being the enthusiastic, chubby skald/translator person but with her turning out to be pretty good at cheerful manipulation, that's over. :) (Also with Mikkel: I could never prank anyone, I'm far too worried about hurting anyone's feelings. Maybe I'm Reynir after all. :D)

Speaking of Reynir... Now I'm imagining him curled up and blaming himself and I just want to give him a hug. </3

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2016, 12:05:07 PM »
Speaking of Reynir... Now I'm imagining him curled up and blaming himself and I just want to give him a hug. </3

...Now I can't unsee it, too.
To be honest he'd kind of slipped from my mind as soon as they started making the tank getaway. So now I'm really curious as to what state we'll actually find him in.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2016, 02:34:30 PM »
P489 is... well...
I never thought that "splurt" could be an ominous sound, but that is certainly ominous. Not to mention the way that sun is setting, yikes.

...And oh my gosh, that puffed-up purrito in panel 5! : D .... D:

Regarding the above discussion - looks like we might have to wait a while before we find out what's going on with Reynir. And Emil. (Well, perhaps we'll know tomorrow, for Emil.)

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2016, 02:39:54 PM »
Step 1 of my Reynir scenario has happened, though...

If he's still awake, he might just poke his head put of the tank any minute now to see whether he can help - and probably right when Mikkel and Sigrun hit a live troll limb and Emil is torching everything

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2016, 03:37:47 PM »
*sigh* New page and no sign of Reynir yet. I think he really must be huddled in a corner somewhere, poor lamb.

Also, the sun has been setting for weeks, how bad does it get when the night actually falls...?

I know, this must be the record for longest sunset ever! I really hope they get somewhere safe before it gets truly dark but what fun would that be?
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2016, 03:46:34 PM »
I know, this must be the record for longest sunset ever! I really hope they get somewhere safe before it gets truly dark but what fun would that be?

Even as far south as Copenhagen is compared to latitudes I'm familiar with, depending on the exact time of year everything after noon could qualify as "sunset" - up here in 60°N, full daylight isn't even a thing that happens in December, so Copenhagen being around 55°N I could easily give them 3-4 hours of "technically sunset" time before running into any sort of disbelief.
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2016, 03:51:39 PM »
Even as far south as Copenhagen is compared to latitudes I'm familiar with, depending on the exact time of year everything after noon could qualify as "sunset" - up here in 60°N, full daylight isn't even a thing that happens in December, so Copenhagen being around 55°N I could easily give them 3-4 hours of "technically sunset" time before running into any sort of disbelief.

Exactly this. I'm at roughly the same latitude as Copenhagen, and very long sunsets during the cold month are definitely the norm. It starts setting really early, but it's quite a while before it's actually gone.

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2016, 04:09:25 PM »

Exactly this. I'm at roughly the same latitude as Copenhagen, and very long sunsets during the cold month are definitely the norm. It starts setting really early, but it's quite a while before it's actually gone.

Oh, interesting! I hadn't realized that...our sunsets last maybe an hour most of the time, or so it seems. (My latitude is around 15 degrees south of Copenhagen, apparently.) Now I'm trying to remember how long the sunset lasted when I lived practically on the Equator for a year...all I'm coming up with was that sunset happened at the same time every day, can't remember how long it took to actually go down.

cati

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • ≁❀ | aguacatillo
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her(s)
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2016, 06:49:15 PM »
I love Mikkel's duitiful chopping face. And the fact that his mouth doesn't bother to change immediately when he hits SPLURT.

Oh, interesting! I hadn't realized that...our sunsets last maybe an hour most of the time, or so it seems. (My latitude is around 15 degrees south of Copenhagen, apparently.) Now I'm trying to remember how long the sunset lasted when I lived practically on the Equator for a year...all I'm coming up with was that sunset happened at the same time every day, can't remember how long it took to actually go down.

About 20 minutes when I lived at 10° north, that's not really on the equator but short enough that sunrise/sets around Copenhagen (or, well, Edinburgh but practically the same) feel disconcertingly long to me.
Native: :uk: :spain:
Can use without dying of self-consciousness: :uk:
Read: :faroe: :norway: Old Icelandic, Old English
Just enough for Eurovision coverage: :sweden:
Guiltily need to get back to studying, please slap me with an appropriate wet fish: :finland: :japan:
Unintended surprising partial osmosis: :estonia: :denmark:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2016, 07:41:33 PM »
In the tropics sunsets and sunrises are really short. In Far North Queensland it will go from daylight to black dark in under fifteen minutes (which can be quite startling if you are working under the rainforest canopy, concentrating on what you are doing, and suddenly realise it's dark.) Same but even faster for New Guinea and Borneo. And in all those places I love how the sounds change. Suddenly you hear the completely different calls of the night birds, the bats come out, the day-shift insects and birds and amphibians disappear and are replaced by the nocturnals, even the frog-songs change. Lovely.

Whereas nearer the Poles, morning and evening twilights seem to go on forever, and have their own beauties. I used to love the slow changes in the sky and the light, and watching the swallows and bats change shifts.

Now I wonder what changes the Illness and its mutations have made to the crepuscular ecology of Year 90 Copenhagen?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2016, 08:01:58 PM »

From 52°N, this sounds pretty accurate. The sun tends to be at the zenith almost exactly at noon, and then the afternoon feels like a pretty drawn-out sunset until sometime between 3:30 and 4pm when the sun actually sets, so I'd be surprised if it were much later than mid-afternoon on the current pages. I'm just... glad that the team are in this situation on a fairly clear day, not one with more rain, when they'd barely get any daylight at all.

ETA: Did anyone figure out where they are in Copenhagen? There was a bit of speculation in the comments, and I've pretty much discarded my idea that they are near the Lakes, and rather more in the harbour area, possibly headed back to Knippelsbro, and back to the beginning, to start over? If they don't get eaten by the Watcher first.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:06:54 PM by Elleth »
Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)