Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 390555 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2014, 02:14:45 AM »
Why do all of these sound like a direct-quotes-montage from future SSSS pages.... :S
Heavily featuring Sigrun and Emil....
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2014, 03:20:11 AM »
After reading some comments of pyromania in "Scene's we'd like to see", I'd also add:

"Here, catch!"
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2014, 05:16:55 AM »
After reading some comments of pyromania in "Scene's we'd like to see", I'd also add:

"Here, catch!"

And don't forget the "The situation is under control" and of course the immortal "He. Hehehehe. Hehehahaha. Hahahah. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!"
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Mayabird

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2014, 10:11:46 AM »
Goodness.  People seem to be reading a lot more into this than what I think is going on.

The Vasterstroms (Emil, Torbjorn, Siv) used to be rich; the culture may be pretty egalitarian, but it's already established that some animals are more equal than others.  Now they're not, for unspecified reasons (though I have suspicions that the family may be susceptible to get-rich(er)-quick schemes).  They want to become rich again. 

It's pretty simple. 

Edit: And also it's been established that this may not be the best possible exploration/rediscovery team that could've been formed.  It's been a wee bit bonkers from the get-go.  It only passed because one council member wasn't wearing glasses at the time of the vote.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 10:14:28 AM by Mayabird »

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2014, 04:45:07 PM »
And don't forget the "The situation is under control" and of course the immortal "He. Hehehehe. Hehehahaha. Hahahah. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

How about "It's ALIVE!"?
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

Krehlmar

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2016, 12:39:04 PM »
Sorry but I just had to comment on it

Even though I get the artistic and lore/spiritual bending of it :P

Owl's cannot move their eyes
https://www.google.se/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=owls%20cannot%20move%20their%20eyes
My self-concept and insertion (in progress): https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=359.msg37156#msg37156

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2016, 01:10:08 PM »
To repeat what has already been said on Disqus, real life owls cannot possibly have Onnis eye colors, either. 8)

(Or possibly fly from Mora to Copenhagen within moments, much less arrive fully ready for battle, and let's not take the murderghostgiant's head for scale and try to determine how impossibly HUGE it would be, as in, "Houston, we need a couple boosters for lift-off". ;) )
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2016, 01:13:17 PM »
Sorry but I just had to comment on it

Even though I get the artistic and lore/spiritual bending of it :P

https://www.google.se/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=owls%20cannot%20move%20their%20eyes

Ah, but that's real world owls.  I mean, in the real world we don't have hordes of murderghosts in Amelienborg either.  (Even if I believed in such things, I think someone would have noticed by now).
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2016, 10:54:51 PM »
This here is a general update commentary thread for those who prefer a slightly slower pace and different format of discussion than what the comic's comment section offers.

Commentary on earlier parts of the comic rather than the latest update is also welcome. : D

*This is intended for casual discussion and quick reactions, rather than in-depth meta or things covered by more specific threads.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 11:04:46 PM by Yuuago »
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2016, 10:55:35 PM »
*This came out of a discussion elsewhere, in which some people talked about how they find that the comments section moves a liiiiiittle too fast for their liking. (And I'm one of them, honestly). So, hopefully we'll be able to have some nice freeform update discussion here.

Anyway! Chapter 10 sure is turning out to be something. I'm not quite sure how much longer it'll go on - we're probably nearing the end of it, right? Narratively, I think I'm glad that it went double-length, but oh man, it's been a bit hard on my nerves, haha.

Buuut I bet we're not finished with that. This latest page (488)... there's no way something else isn't going to pop up before the chapter ends. Right? And I confess that I really want to see Emil use that flamethrower - if not now, then soon-eventually-later.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 11:05:04 PM by Yuuago »

chaelcodes

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2016, 07:10:48 AM »
I don't think Minna would've mentioned it or drawn it if he wasn't going to use it. I'm really excited too. I like the design of the flamethrower. It has a tiny can for a fuel tank. They must have learned to really improve their fuel efficiency. I'm also excited, because Emil gets to be competent. I think Emil's a great cleanser, because any time something from his cleanser training comes up, he's very competent and confident. For example, when he stopped Sigrun to blow up Tooth Scary. Another example would be when he chucked the mirror. Someone, I don't remember who, was saying they he probably had training throwing grenades and incendiaries, and that's why it traveled so far.
:artd:   :book1+:   :chap6:   :chap7:   :chap8:   :chap9:   :chap10: :chap11:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2016, 08:01:32 AM »
I don't think Minna would've mentioned it or drawn it if he wasn't going to use it. I'm really excited too. I like the design of the flamethrower. It has a tiny can for a fuel tank. They must have learned to really improve their fuel efficiency. I'm also excited, because Emil gets to be competent. I think Emil's a great cleanser, because any time something from his cleanser training comes up, he's very competent and confident. For example, when he stopped Sigrun to blow up Tooth Scary. Another example would be when he chucked the mirror. Someone, I don't remember who, was saying they he probably had training throwing grenades and incendiaries, and that's why it traveled so far.

Mm you're probably right. : D plus the author comment definitely hinted, heheh.
And YES definitely yes. I mean, I love fail!Emil. But seeing him make himself useful will be great. I feel I haven't really seen enough of that in order to have a good feeling of how he works - both in terms of what he literally does and, like, thought process kind of stuff - so whatever happens will probably make me really happy.
(Just watch, I probably just jinxed myself /KNOCKS WOOD)

...Aaaand on a shallow note, man, I just love how sulky and vulnerable he looks on that bottom panel, oh yes. 8 )

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2016, 08:11:48 AM »
...Aaaand on a shallow note, man, I just love how sulky and vulnerable he looks on that bottom panel, oh yes. 8 )

Haha, oh yes...I feel like every time the comic updates I'm left desperately wishing I could hug one of the characters, and right now Emil wins that prize.

Also upcoming flamethrower action, heck yes!
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2016, 11:29:26 AM »
And YES definitely yes. I mean, I love fail!Emil. But seeing him make himself useful will be great.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing more Emil! I wouldn't have expected it but for some strange reason he's the character I identify most with. (I'm a bit worried about what that might say about me...)
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2016, 11:33:28 AM »
I'm very much looking forward to seeing more Emil! I wouldn't have expected it but for some strange reason he's the character I identify most with. (I'm a bit worried about what that might say about me...)

Yeeesss hopefully he'll get a chance to do something cool /crosses fingers (Though it might be more action than he'd want, hah.)

As for that - I identify with him a lot too. But, think of it this way - he has his problems (and personality flaws, boy does he ever) but on the upside, he seems to have a good heart. : ) So it isn't so much of a thing to worry about, necessarily.