Author Topic: The Minnastry of Truth at work?  (Read 12451 times)

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
Re: The Minnastry of Truth at work?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2016, 06:23:41 AM »
They were meant to be "child of the crate" and "squeals a lot", but yes, they're definitely rather tongue in cheek hero names :)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2016, 06:14:04 AM »
Page 580

Before the comments about Reynir lost his mask

And after editing

Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2016, 06:14:47 AM »
In the amazing page where every crewmember has drawn Kitty, Mikkel accidentally wrote 'Missekatt' with double t at first. He erased the last t shortly after.

Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2016, 01:24:06 PM »
In the amazing page where every crewmember has drawn Kitty, Mikkel accidentally wrote 'Missekatt' with double t at first. He erased the last t shortly after.

Although his eyes were closed when he used the eraser and accidentally erased an s first.

Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2016, 01:39:07 PM »
Although his eyes were closed when he used the eraser and accidentally erased an s first.

I did not notice, thanks for sharing! Mikkel also erased the space between the s and the e.
(Minna never makes mistakes. It are the characters erasing stuff or going back to the past to say things differently or to wear a mask.)
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2016, 04:02:45 PM »
For a brief moment Norway had succesfully occupied the UK and changed their flag to look more like Norways own flag.

Songs were almost made about Eide the Conqueror.
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2016, 04:56:57 PM »
For a brief moment Norway had succesfully occupied the UK and changed their flag to look more like Norways own flag.

Songs were almost made about Eide the Conqueror.

Aaahahah I wouldn't even have noticed! That's the most best flag.
I want that flag in my signature for 'English'.
(After all, I my English is 'Some. Enough.', not 'fluent'.)

And now the flag is back to the usual flag, which looks like the Icelandic flag.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 05:21:49 PM by Miriam »

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2016, 12:52:42 PM »
As we know, there has been a second print run of SSSSvol1 sold exclusively through HiveWorks. Now an anonymous user has edited the wiki page on Dalsnes, stating that the World Map in it matches the online version again (whereas the books of the original print run had various edits in it). That would make the second print run into a second edition IMHO. Could someone who bought one of those books please confirm that?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

P__

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2016, 04:11:26 PM »
regardless of the map differences, some differences (corrections mostly) have been spotted between the two editions, so you're right to call them that. They're on the forum somewhere, most likely in the "oh there's mistakes with the print" thread, whatever it was called.
But I concur, is there anyone to compare???
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2016, 07:58:55 PM »
As we know, there has been a second print run of SSSSvol1 sold exclusively through HiveWorks. Now an anonymous user has edited the wiki page on Dalsnes, stating that the World Map in it matches the online version again (whereas the books of the original print run had various edits in it). That would make the second print run into a second edition IMHO. Could someone who bought one of those books please confirm that?

Having more money than sense I bought copies from both print runs, and I don't think that's correct. I'll advise when I've been able to check.
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2016, 08:22:53 PM »
So...I don't have any way to verify this, but I swear when Onni was first introduced, his listed profession was "Military: Mage, Day Scout." In the course of getting feedback for a fic I'm working on, it was pointed out to me that he hasn't left Keuruu's walls in eleven years. Which...would make the "scout" part kind of difficult, but I'd never thought about it before. So I checked the character page and it just lists his profession as "Mage". The page on which he's introduced says "Military: Mage" but it kind of looks like it might have been edited (the rest of the lines have dots to fill up the empty space, but that one doesn't). Does anyone else remember him being listed as a Day Scout at one time, or am I just crazy?
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2016, 08:30:32 PM »
Actually... I hazily recall that he was introduced as a day scout as well..

Edit: However when looking through the wayback machine, the earliest snapshot is june 2014 and that shows his occupation as just being a Mage
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 08:35:05 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2016, 11:17:29 PM »
I wasn't here back in the day, but that is a mighty suspicious lack of little dots and weird placing of words. It looks pretty edited.

I mean, I've had plenty of moments where I realized that due to a characters nature something else makes completely no sense and I have to change something that has been established in my head for years.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2016, 11:23:56 PM »
Actually... I hazily recall that he was introduced as a day scout as well..

Edit: However when looking through the wayback machine, the earliest snapshot is june 2014 and that shows his occupation as just being a Mage

Hmm. Well, I'm glad at least I'm not the only one who has that memory, hazy or no. And the date on the page is March 2014, so it's possible it was edited between then and June.

I wasn't here back in the day, but that is a mighty suspicious lack of little dots and weird placing of words. It looks pretty edited.

I mean, I've had plenty of moments where I realized that due to a characters nature something else makes completely no sense and I have to change something that has been established in my head for years.

Yeah, I imagine that's what happened. It makes more sense for him to not be a scout, but it is annoying that I have to go back through and tweak this fic now. *sigh*
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2016, 12:27:55 AM »
Kiraly, Solokov
I'm with you guys, because I exactly remember that Onni was introduced as a day scout. I recently tested a character page and also noticed that Onni just a mage now, but I didn't attach any special significance.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:31:02 AM by heiteru »
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3