Author Topic: Arts & Crafts  (Read 26346 times)

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Arts & Crafts
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2016, 07:55:46 AM »
I've been looking at a lot of kirigami online lately, and so I figured I'd try it myself. It went really well!

:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2016, 08:01:55 AM »
I've been looking at a lot of kirigami online lately, and so I figured I'd try it myself. It went really well!

*_* Wow, that's gorgeous! 'Went well' is an understatement I think.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2016, 09:40:27 AM »

Ana, you're definitively very, very talented with paper *_*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2016, 10:33:51 AM »

*o* that's so mesmerizing!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2016, 10:56:16 AM »

It's beautiful!!! *o*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2016, 10:19:17 PM »
Thank you everyone! My only regret is in the choice of paper color but of course that's just an excuse to make more ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2016, 10:26:52 PM »
Ana that's gorgeous! I'm so impressed by all of the precise detail you put into it. And I actually kind of like the color, but you should make more anyhow. :))
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2016, 09:42:45 AM »
Ana, that's very beautiful! Must have taken you forever!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2016, 01:16:32 PM »
Ana, that's so cool!! Have you considered doing papercuts on special paper? Like, patterned paper, origami paper, foil paper, scrapbooking paper,, the list goes on and on BUT I think it would look gorgeous with your papercutting skills *w*
YEET

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2016, 02:14:45 PM »
Ana, that's very beautiful! Must have taken you forever!

Not as long as you'd think, because you really only have to cut out a quarter of the pattern! It's a lot like a paper snowflake that way.

Ana, that's so cool!! Have you considered doing papercuts on special paper? Like, patterned paper, origami paper, foil paper, scrapbooking paper,, the list goes on and on BUT I think it would look gorgeous with your papercutting skills *w*

This is on origami paper, actually! It's especially nice because it's thin and folds well. I've tried scrapbooking paper, but it's too thick to be able to work with easily. I could try foil paper, though... And I'd like to try some ombre type patterns too.

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Athena

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2016, 09:25:22 PM »
This project is slowly becoming too big to manage...

It's about 20x30cm now, and 294 can tabs have been used. It's about big enough to be used for a breastplate.

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2016, 12:24:20 AM »
That looks a LOT easier than my coiled spring steel cut into slightly overlapping rings, which is what I used to make my mail. And much easier to knit with two pairs of pliers. At least you're not doing it as a couple of my more authenticity-minded friends did, by riveting Each. Single. Individual. Ring. It took them months, because they were both tallish guys, but they had the proper forge tools, and had based it on a mediaeval Arabic pattern. The end result was stunning.

Your piece might make a good insert into leather armour. Given that ring-pull tabs aren't very tough metal it probably wouldn't be all that protective, but should be fine for cosplay.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Athena

« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2016, 03:52:54 PM »
That looks a LOT easier than my coiled spring steel cut into slightly overlapping rings, which is what I used to make my mail. And much easier to knit with two pairs of pliers. At least you're not doing it as a couple of my more authenticity-minded friends did, by riveting Each. Single. Individual. Ring. It took them months, because they were both tallish guys, but they had the proper forge tools, and had based it on a mediaeval Arabic pattern. The end result was stunning.

Your piece might make a good insert into leather armour. Given that ring-pull tabs aren't very tough metal it probably wouldn't be all that protective, but should be fine for cosplay.

Yeah, It would be pretty useless for anything other than cosplay! Most are either aluminum or some seem to be made of a stronger metal? I can tell because some take more force to cut/bend. :)

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2016, 04:52:28 PM »
So... more paper cutting! Can you tell I like to do this? Lord of the Rings Fans may recognize this one.

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Mélusine

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2016, 04:57:53 PM »
At least you're not doing it as a couple of my more authenticity-minded friends did, by riveting Each. Single. Individual. Ring.
*Has friends who had done that during months* ::)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: