Author Topic: Arts & Crafts  (Read 25689 times)

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: Arts & Crafts
« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2018, 01:35:47 AM »
A lot of us do reenactment. There's even a Forum thread for it. I don't fight anymore, though I occasionally still teach. Nowadays I mostly do storyteller and apothecary.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2018, 03:36:36 PM »
Thanks! This has got me thinking about going into medieval re-enactment or live action role play of some sort with my friends. I didn’t know you used to do that! :)
From middle of high school to the moment I moved around Paris for a job. I discovered that calligraphy wasn’t made at all for left-handed persons and learnt to do letters with my right hand... *Memories* We were a good group of friends. I grew with them, in a kind of way. Sadly I am too far away for that now.
Live action role playing is... interesting, as long as you’re not stressed as I was when I tried one... maybe more than one year ago ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2018, 08:55:50 PM »
Whoop, let's dump some crafts in here! I've got another tablet woven belt, this one a fair bit more intricate than my first.

The little sparkle from the metallic accents in one of the threads makes me happy :)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2018, 09:46:05 PM »
Ana, nice belt! Looks similar to some of those Finnish Iron Age patterns.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2018, 10:22:09 PM »
Whoop, let's dump some crafts in here! I've got another tablet woven belt, this one a fair bit more intricate than my first.

The little sparkle from the metallic accents in one of the threads makes me happy :)

Ana, that's amazing. Just beautiful. I hesitate to ask but have you considered taking commissions yet? I suspect hose are still very much a labor of love.
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2018, 09:25:45 AM »
Thank you, Róisín! I found the pattern as a picture online with no identifying information, so it could well be based on an old Finnish pattern!

Iceea, that's very high praise indeed! I'm afraid I don't take commissions, if only because my scatterbrain wouldn't get around to completing them for a year. (That, and I have no idea how long it actually took me, for fair pricing purposes). I have considered trying to make a sampling of items to sell at a craft fair, though!
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Antillanka

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2018, 09:09:41 PM »
Ana, it's so beautiful!!!
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2018, 09:50:28 PM »
Spectacular work, Ana! The sparkles are somewhat visible in the image, that’s delightful.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

refract3d

« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2018, 10:30:19 PM »

Oooh, that's really lovely! How long did that take?
Native language: :usa:
A little :vaticancity: :japan: Korean
Learning :norway: :spain:

Ask me about cuttlefish!

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2018, 11:21:23 PM »
Thanks again! I wish I had a better camera to really capture all the fine details, but my phone will have to do. Refract3d, I honestly have no idea how long this took me. I worked on it on and off over the course of a few months, but in terms of actual hours spent making it, I'm unsure. Certainly over 10 hours, though, that much I'm confident of. The patterns was quite complicated, and I had to maintain my concentration or I'd lose my place (and figuring out how to undo the work and go back takes a loooong time).

I also speak SCIENCE!!!