Author Topic: Arts & Crafts  (Read 25674 times)

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • c[]xxx[]:::::::::::::::>
  • Preferred pronouns: all of them, they're all mine now, i stole them
Re: Arts & Crafts
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2017, 07:21:03 AM »
So, I made this really weird random striped cowl/scarf thing. I made it mainly for when it's gonna start getting cold, this way I can have it mostly blocked out as breathing cold air is very difficult for me (thanks, asthma). I think I might make it a bit longer, I'm not sure yet.
Spoiler: show

If I'm both pan and genderfluid, then no matter who I like, it's gay and I think that's beautiful
Fluent: :usa:
Learning: all?
:chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2017, 11:18:38 AM »
PickleChip, that looks nice and warm, I’m sure it’ll work well for you!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2017, 12:06:15 PM »
PickleChip, those 2 things in the background poster that look like they are coming out of your head, at first I thought they were your braids done like antennas.  I think that was actually a style back in the 50's  ;)
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2017, 05:08:06 AM »
So, I made this really weird random striped cowl/scarf thing. I made it mainly for when it's gonna start getting cold, this way I can have it mostly blocked out as breathing cold air is very difficult for me (thanks, asthma). I think I might make it a bit longer, I'm not sure yet.

Very pretty!  I like how the colors of the cowl harmonize with your top.  How did you choose them?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2017, 06:21:54 AM »
PickleChip, that's really clever. Nice colours too. Suits you.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Prizrachniy_Gek

• Veta
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2017, 10:42:17 AM »
Hmm, I tried to create my own scheme and it turned out (I mean what's in the middle, but I also did the spiraling, but before). I do not think that it is good enough, but I thought that it would be interesting for you to see. I also made snowflakes, and they go better.

Fluent: :russia:
Learning: :germany: :sweden: :uk:
Understand, but  say is not very good: :ukraine: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #156 on: December 12, 2017, 01:51:44 AM »
Hmm, I tried to create my own scheme and it turned out (I mean what's in the middle, but I also did the spiraling, but before). I do not think that it is good enough, but I thought that it would be interesting for you to see. I also made snowflakes, and they go better.

Ooh, pretty!  Very suitable for SSSS in design, and Finland's 100th birthday in color, and Hanukkah for both!   :D
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Athena

« Reply #157 on: December 24, 2017, 02:38:19 PM »
As I mentioned over in the Little Moments of Happiness thread, I've been working more on my chainmail lately, and it's becoming a nice size now. It's quite satisfying to hold, it has a nice weight to it. :)

(pencil for scale)

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

Róisín

« Reply #158 on: December 24, 2017, 05:17:29 PM »
Nice even work. Good.

refract3d

« Reply #159 on: December 26, 2017, 06:41:13 PM »
Oooh, pretty chain mail! What are you making with it?
My sister used to make chainmail pretty much nonstop when she was living at home. I think we were still picking metal shards out of the sofa years later, haha! She made some cool stuff though. I've always been interested in it but never had a definite goal to work towards.

I've been working on a scarf for my best friend. She asked for purple and blue, hopefully she will like this yarn.
Native language: :usa:
A little :vaticancity: :japan: Korean
Learning :norway: :spain:

Ask me about cuttlefish!

Athena

« Reply #160 on: January 03, 2018, 01:19:02 AM »
Oooh, pretty chain mail! What are you making with it?
My sister used to make chainmail pretty much nonstop when she was living at home. I think we were still picking metal shards out of the sofa years later, haha! She made some cool stuff though. I've always been interested in it but never had a definite goal to work towards.

I've been working on a scarf for my best friend. She asked for purple and blue, hopefully she will like this yarn.

It's going to be a glove! Probably fingerless, though. I put a ton of hours into working on it last week, because I was visiting my grandparents house in Vernon, so I spent a lot of time just sitting and chatting while working. To be honest, I didn't really have a definite goal to work towards when I started either - it is a pretty enjoyable thing just for the relaxation that comes from focusing on the repetitive activity, a bit like meditation. I assume knitting is the same.

Now that it's bigger, you can sorta see the shape it's taking:

How's the scarf coming along? I hope your friend likes it!

Róisín

« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2018, 06:48:39 AM »
Nice work Luth! Are you fastening the ends of the rings in some way, or just butting them together? Also, having done both knitting and mail-making, yes, the mental relaxation is similar. During the very early years of the New Varangian Guard, I and another founding member used to share an hour and a half late night bus trip once or twice a week (he was the bus conductor, I was on my way home from a late shift at work). At that hour I was often the only passenger, so we would sit up the back of the bus and companionably knit mail for the whole trip. The occasional other passengers would cast quite puzzled looks at the fortyish woman and the long-haired youth knitting mail and arguing amiably about sword technique.

Athena

« Reply #162 on: January 03, 2018, 10:44:42 PM »
Nice work Luth! Are you fastening the ends of the rings in some way, or just butting them together? Also, having done both knitting and mail-making, yes, the mental relaxation is similar. During the very early years of the New Varangian Guard, I and another founding member used to share an hour and a half late night bus trip once or twice a week (he was the bus conductor, I was on my way home from a late shift at work). At that hour I was often the only passenger, so we would sit up the back of the bus and companionably knit mail for the whole trip. The occasional other passengers would cast quite puzzled looks at the fortyish woman and the long-haired youth knitting mail and arguing amiably about sword technique.

Thanks! It’s just butted at this point, I don’t yet have the equipment to weld them, but I might set that up eventually. That sounds like it must have been delightful. It’s so rare to spend that sort of time face-to-face with a friend, for my generation.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #163 on: January 07, 2018, 08:11:03 PM »
Now that it's bigger, you can sorta see the shape it's taking:

Nice Luth ! During months, when I was doing medieval reconstruction and going to my best friend's home, we were finding his brother working on that. It takes a long time but results are good :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Athena

« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2018, 12:59:30 AM »
Nice Luth ! During months, when I was doing medieval reconstruction and going to my best friend's home, we were finding his brother working on that. It takes a long time but results are good :)

Thanks! This has got me thinking about going into medieval re-enactment or live action role play of some sort with my friends. I didn’t know you used to do that! :)