Author Topic: Arts & Crafts  (Read 25418 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: Arts & Crafts
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 07:15:01 AM »
They have so much beautiful paper here and it's the real paper too, so it's really nice and soft to use. It almost feels like cloth.
Time to rob a shop. We always need beautiful paper, isn't it ? ::) I went in an art shop with a friend saturday without needing anything and went out with a notebook (but a cute Shinzi Katoh one with a cat, it's not my fault !), we always need notebooks too, isn't it ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 07:33:38 AM »
I don't know if this counts but here is some origami

When I was in second grade I was so obsessed with origami that my teacher started calling me The Origami Queen. Eventually it got way out of hand and origami had to be banned from the classroom... oopppsssss...  ::) But ever since then I've kept it up. One time I made an entire zoo for my cousin. These two are pretty simple, the one on the left is a kimono and the one on the right is a peace crane, which is pretty commonly seen. I've had the pattern for it memorized for years :)
They look very neat! And the paper is beautiful! (now I know what I need to buy before going home)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 02:58:35 PM »
Cool! I know how to make a box. It is a special box, though. I will find some Origami paper and try to post!
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 03:04:27 PM »
After a disastrous attempt at making a tsuru, I gave up all hope on origami. But now you are making me want to try again... If all goes wrong, I will blame you.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 04:09:39 PM »
I used to do origami, but my little brother was much better at it :0 I'll see if I can coerce convince him to try it out again!
YEET

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 04:29:03 PM »
I used to do so much origami as a kid! Now I only know how to make a frog, which I demonstrated today with a napkin:

(I could do a tutorial on how to make frogs, but I dunno if anyone would want to make frogs)

But I also found a box full of little origami hats today:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 10:02:50 AM »
In lieu of a Lalli tutorial I have some flowers for you guys.

I promise I am working on it, but due to limited bandwidth at our current location I am unable to get all the pictures I need uploaded. I think I may have to wait until next week to upload the Lalli, Sigurn, and Emil tutorials just because of the amount of pictures and data for each one. I will however work on the other members of the crew in my spare time, and I believe there is also a cattank that wants to be made. I am still taking suggestions for SSSS and non SSSS things if anyone wants me to make/figure out something.

Edit: I can do them, but they will take a bit of time to upload
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:23:45 AM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 08:29:34 AM »
Very cool! Do you have a pattern for the paper flowers? Those were pretty cool too. :)
*goes to get stack of origami paper and starts folding* :D
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 09:03:04 AM »
Very cool! Do you have a pattern for the paper flowers? Those were pretty cool too. :)
*goes to get stack of origami paper and starts folding* :D

I used this pattern from a website.

Here is another thing I learned when I was little:

Being in Japan has really renewed my desire to do origami. I really haven't done it for several years, and it's a huge rush as everything comes back and I remember what I'm doing :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 09:12:00 AM »
I used this pattern from a website.
Thank you! I can't wait to try it!

Here is another thing I learned when I was little:

I also used to make that kind of hat! :)
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 08:46:28 PM »
Ok, so this isn't art in the regular drawing-on-a-piece-of-paper sense, but it's creative stuff that I made, so I'm going to go ahead and put it here. You see, I make jewelry. Lots of it. This is a few years' worth of my mom's collection, accumulated from birthdays, holidays, and the ever-present "Ana! I need something to go with this outfit!"

On this one I also made the tree-stand thingy.

I have more necklaces and things lying around, but I was too lazy to gather them all together to photograph.  ::) I hope you all like it!  ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 09:46:23 PM »
Hmmm, my sister makes a lot of beaded earrings and the occasional necklace. The giant pile of jewelry looks remarkably similar to my mom's...
They're beautiful, though. I especially like the necklaces with the little seed-beads.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 10:04:42 PM »
Ok, so this isn't art in the regular drawing-on-a-piece-of-paper sense, but it's creative stuff that I made, so I'm going to go ahead and put it here. You see, I make jewelry. Lots of it. This is a few years' worth of my mom's collection, accumulated from birthdays, holidays, and the ever-present "Ana! I need something to go with this outfit!"

Wow, these look gorgeous! Especially the pale one off to the left. :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 09:21:39 PM »
Origami! I haven't done origami in ages, but I know I still have a box of stuff I made somewhere... I think I'll try some of the tutorials when I have time :D
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2015, 08:38:57 PM »
I've looked everywhere and I can't find one, so here is an Arts & Crafts Thread! Here we can share non-ssss crafts and projects! Basically anything that doesn't fit into the main (or sub) art threads.
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8: