Author Topic: Headcanon thread!  (Read 39345 times)

Windfighter

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
Re: Headcanon thread!
« Reply #750 on: November 28, 2017, 07:07:00 PM »
Windfighter, that sounds more like the mermaids of much older folklore - the ones like the Sirens, who sang to trap ships, or the Merrows of the Cornish tales, who were ferocious maneaters, the males anyway.

Yep, and they're back in Y90! \o/
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Luth Nightbreeze

• Skald
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Treat the unknown with curiosity
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #751 on: November 28, 2017, 09:29:14 PM »
I dunno if I've said this one already, or if someone else has said this, but it's been a headcanon of mine since we learned about Sjödraugs.

Mermaids exists!

Mermaids is a type of Sjödraug that keeps their agility. They trick people into coming closer by making sounds of distress and then snacktime!

Needless to say people are pretty terrified of mermaid and Disney's The Little Mermaid? Long since forgotten. Now they tell horror stories about them instead.

And the statue in Copenhagen serves as a reminder and warning to sailors who dare that far...

:chap5::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:
:chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17:
Speaks: :canada: Can sing, apparently: :norway: Learning in school: :spain: Wishlist: :finland: :iceland:
Proud Admiral of the Aurora

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • My geode must be acknowledged!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #752 on: November 29, 2017, 01:40:49 AM »
And the statue in Copenhagen serves as a reminder and warning to sailors who dare that far...

Sigrun: Crazy old timers, making statues of trolls!
Mikkel: They didn't have trolls back then.
Sigrun: Well they must have had some, look at the statue!
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, the illness is just scared

ZanarNaryon

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/She/Her
« Reply #753 on: December 01, 2017, 02:20:23 AM »
Due to the way it's written, the Hobbit, the Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion are all valued as important historical documents, and Tolkien considered an ancient scholar (Not too far from the truth, really). Modern scholars scoff a bit at ridiculous idea that there would be only one God, however.
Native: :norway:
Fluent: :england:
Understands: :sweden: :denmark:
Unpracticed: :iceland:
Working on it: :germany:
A few assorted sentences in Quenya
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #754 on: December 01, 2017, 05:28:41 AM »
Due to the way it's written, the Hobbit, the Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion are all valued as important historical documents, and Tolkien considered an ancient scholar (Not too far from the truth, really). Modern scholars scoff a bit at ridiculous idea that there would be only one God, however.

I wonder what Sigrun thinks of the lack of women in the stories? Not trying to start a fiery discourse or anything, I just wonder what a Y90 woman who punches buildings for fun would think of the female cameos of Arwen and Eoiwen?
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Windfighter

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
« Reply #755 on: December 01, 2017, 06:22:40 AM »
I wonder what Sigrun thinks of the lack of women in the stories? Not trying to start a fiery discourse or anything, I just wonder what a Y90 woman who punches buildings for fun would think of the female cameos of Arwen and Eoiwen?

"So you're saying there's this woman who gives up everything to have kids? Is she insane?"

"She ignored her family and went into war to kick some serious ass? Awesome! Everyone should get to kick some ass!"

"What? No, I'm not gonna read any stupid books to see it for myself, I have some troll-ass to kick!"
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #756 on: December 01, 2017, 08:39:15 PM »
"She ignored her family and went into war to kick some serious ass? Awesome! Everyone should get to kick some ass!"

*snorts* Some serious Sigrun vibes!!  ;D
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

ZanarNaryon

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/She/Her
« Reply #757 on: December 16, 2017, 05:43:22 AM »
Good morning, my wonderful fellow Minnions. I just woke up from a SSSS related dream about the origin of the Trolls that I thought I'd share:

It was interestingly enough built up like an Icelandic saga: Two families or kingdoms (Can't remember exactly which) were at open war with each other. The war had come to a climatic battle on a lake somewhere in Iceland

As all their ships burned, only a younger member of one of the families (I think they were the good guys) survived, and was flushed up on an island. As the days passed (and his beard grew) a middle-aged member of the other family flushed up on the island. It seemed he had had some kind of rivalry with the younger guy, as the younger one attempted to kill him, but decided to wait. The elder was gravely wounded from a shark bite and some kind of other bite I can't remember, and the younger wanted to wait until he regained consciousness, so instead, he placed the elder's head and spine on the top of the mast of the raft he had been building, and set of on the lake. As the days passed, however, the Elder's spine and ribcage grew to incompass the entire mast, and eventually spread over the raft.

It was at this point he awakened, and realized his position. Instead of screaming, he seemed to enjoy his new form in some sick parody of joy. After a short, but meaningful conversation I don't remember the entirety of, just

Younger: Something about killing, probably about killing those who can't fight back.
Elder: You used to think like that once
Younger: I still do

As the hideous abominated flesh started spreading aggressively, the younger jumped into the lake. While underwater, he saw that the rot of this abomination had spread to the creature's of the sea, now hideous draugr. The raft flipped over, and he saw that what had used to be the elder now was a hideous lump of flesh and bones, with its brain seeming to be the center of it all. If he could only destroy it, he could end the nightmare as it begun. He swam over to it, and started to attack it with teeth and nails, while the draugr closed in and the flesh itself fought back.
Native: :norway:
Fluent: :england:
Understands: :sweden: :denmark:
Unpracticed: :iceland:
Working on it: :germany:
A few assorted sentences in Quenya
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #758 on: December 22, 2017, 02:47:39 AM »
Good morning, my wonderful fellow Minnions. I just woke up from a SSSS related dream about the origin of the Trolls that I thought I'd share:

It was interestingly enough built up like an Icelandic saga: Two families or kingdoms (Can't remember exactly which) were at open war with each other. The war had come to a climatic battle on a lake somewhere in Iceland

As all their ships burned, only a younger member of one of the families (I think they were the good guys) survived, and was flushed up on an island. As the days passed (and his beard grew) a middle-aged member of the other family flushed up on the island. It seemed he had had some kind of rivalry with the younger guy, as the younger one attempted to kill him, but decided to wait. The elder was gravely wounded from a shark bite and some kind of other bite I can't remember, and the younger wanted to wait until he regained consciousness, so instead, he placed the elder's head and spine on the top of the mast of the raft he had been building, and set of on the lake. As the days passed, however, the Elder's spine and ribcage grew to incompass the entire mast, and eventually spread over the raft.

It was at this point he awakened, and realized his position. Instead of screaming, he seemed to enjoy his new form in some sick parody of joy. After a short, but meaningful conversation I don't remember the entirety of, just

Younger: Something about killing, probably about killing those who can't fight back.
Elder: You used to think like that once
Younger: I still do

As the hideous abominated flesh started spreading aggressively, the younger jumped into the lake. While underwater, he saw that the rot of this abomination had spread to the creature's of the sea, now hideous draugr. The raft flipped over, and he saw that what had used to be the elder now was a hideous lump of flesh and bones, with its brain seeming to be the center of it all. If he could only destroy it, he could end the nightmare as it begun. He swam over to it, and started to attack it with teeth and nails, while the draugr closed in and the flesh itself fought back.

Whooooaaaa.  (insert pic of Keanu Reeves as Ted here)
The story is freaky enough, but when I came to praise it, I realised there was an image link with a name so long Google gave an error.  That's 'whooooaaaa' too.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :usa:
Acquired: :newzealand:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :estonia:

Chapter break survivor: :chap18: :chap17: :book3: :chap16: :chap15: :chap14: :chap13: :book2: :chap12: :chap11: :chap10: :chap9: :chap8: :chap7: :chap6: :book1: :chap5:

(Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)