Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2374905 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #5175 on: May 12, 2015, 08:16:16 PM »
That's how we know you're actually Sigrun in a former future alternate whatevs life. 

Now I want to see Fimby in a bunad playing Capture the Flag on Syttende Mai. 
Ideally with a chainsaw.
I crawled out of bed to make this

you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #5176 on: May 12, 2015, 08:18:21 PM »

What a wonderful edit. Good job haiz.
YEET

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #5177 on: May 12, 2015, 09:21:40 PM »
Heeeeee.
I've been wanting to make an avatar/custom signature storage thread.  Maybe this would be a good time to?

I've only ever had my Chris Hadfield avatar here, but in another life I used these:

And there was one other, for a single day, that is lost to the ages.

Huh...I'm fairly certain I had one other avatar before my current strange-being-thing, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was. My "upload to web" folder doesn't seem to be very helpful, either. One day I'll get around to drawing a new icon thing.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #5178 on: May 12, 2015, 09:35:15 PM »
Huh...I'm fairly certain I had one other avatar before my current strange-being-thing, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was. My "upload to web" folder doesn't seem to be very helpful, either. One day I'll get around to drawing a new icon thing.

Hmm... I vaguely recall that, but cannot remember what it might have been.

Oh, and I finally got around to changing my icon to a Steller's Jay. (Still trying to decide if a less-blurry picture is in order and, if so, which I should use.)

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #5179 on: May 13, 2015, 12:07:38 AM »
Welp, the chat died, and it's late.  Time to post something here to make myself do something!

I'm gonna talk with my academic advisor tomorrow about studying abroad!  \o/ 
Time to travel! (Yeah!)  Time to experience! (Yeah!)  Time to expand my horizons! (Heck yeah!)

I'm excited, but I need to get a head start on this if it's gonna happen at all.  ...  Very excited.
Feel free to PM.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #5180 on: May 13, 2015, 12:15:22 AM »
I'm gonna talk with my academic advisor tomorrow about studying abroad!  \o/ 
Time to travel! (Yeah!)  Time to experience! (Yeah!)  Time to expand my horizons! (Heck yeah!)

I'm excited, but I need to get a head start on this if it's gonna happen at all.  ...  Very excited.

Eich, wow, that's awesome!  Where do you think you'll want to study abroad?  I hear Scandinavia is nice...  ;)

I take it that's not for the 2015-6 academic year, but after that? 

When the time comes, you'll probably want to find an apprentice-Thor, to keep the Forum up while you're running with the bulls at Pamplona, or analyzing the fluid dynamics of Roman aqueducts, or something.  But I suppose that's an issue for another day...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #5181 on: May 13, 2015, 03:04:26 AM »
I'm allowed to blush and stammer meet the publishers at a literary festival and submit my novel ! :D
And now, I have two weeks to learn to avoid stress ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #5182 on: May 13, 2015, 03:34:57 AM »
I'm allowed to blush and stammer meet the publishers at a literary festival and submit my novel ! :D
And now, I have two weeks to learn to avoid stress ^^

How wonderful! 

PM me if you want to talk about stress.  I had to get over a lot of shyness and angst to become a newspaper reporter (which is all about talking to strangers).
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #5183 on: May 13, 2015, 03:45:48 AM »
Eich, wow, that's awesome!  Where do you think you'll want to study abroad?  I hear Scandinavia is nice...  ;)
is this where I tell people that trondheim is the ~*Student City*~ of norway

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #5184 on: May 13, 2015, 04:23:52 AM »
Like Blartnold Blartenegger. Or one of the 300 Blartans.

You so Blart Vader. Fine, my blart will go on.

It's funny how often that phrase ("Fimby NO") appears :P

One day I'll somehow get myself a Norwegian domain by the name Fimby just so I can link to fimby.no whenever it's needed...

if laufey doesn't answer soon I'm just gonna assume you delivered the final blart

Yesterday could really have been my final blarting. I literally just woke up after being unconscious* for a good amount of hours, I'm trying to build my energy levels back with coffee but it's hard when everything on this forum just sends it right back up via the nose.  ;D

*Looks like I went to bed just before the party got REAL good.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 04:25:46 AM by Laufey »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #5185 on: May 13, 2015, 05:29:21 AM »
How wonderful! 

PM me if you want to talk about stress.  I had to get over a lot of shyness and angst to become a newspaper reporter (which is all about talking to strangers).
Thank, it's very nice :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #5186 on: May 13, 2015, 05:50:01 AM »
if laufey doesn't answer soon I'm just gonna assume you delivered the final blart

We're nothing if not ruthless.

Wow, that's on one side very, very funny and on the other just a little bit weird! I'm so glad you don't really need sleep.

"Vi LEKER ikke søttende mai"!!

One day I'll somehow get myself a Norwegian domain by the name Fimby just so I can link to fimby.no whenever it's needed...

You can do that (fimby.no) but it obviously doesn't lead anywhere. I'm slightly concerned about what you'd put on such a domain :P

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #5187 on: May 13, 2015, 06:00:33 AM »
Wow, that's on one side very, very funny and on the other just a little bit weird! I'm so glad you don't really need sleep.

"Vi LEKER ikke søttende mai"!!
*chokes on breakfast*
Oh, I need sleep all right, I just don't really need a healthy sleep schedule, is all

I hope it's not too weird, it was....  a little unsettling how similar I had drawn the picture of Sigrun and your self-insert.... they were too easy to merge.........

You can do that (fimby.no) but it obviously doesn't lead anywhere. I'm slightly concerned about what you'd put on such a domain :P
I vote for the blart
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:13:22 AM by Haiz »

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #5188 on: May 13, 2015, 06:10:03 AM »
I hope it's not too weird, it was....  a little unsettling how similar I had drawn the picture of Sigrun and your self-insert.... they were too easy to merge.........
I vote for the blart
It's the funny kind of weird. Climbing a flagpole with a chainsaw? Best 17. May ever! What do you mean "why would you even do that"?

*enters blart.com in the search bar* .... wait what!?

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #5189 on: May 13, 2015, 06:21:24 AM »
*enters blart.com in the search bar* .... wait what!?

Well... that was unexpected.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: