Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2349502 times)

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2014, 06:09:00 PM »
I'm losing my mind on how I can make the forum avatar a working .gif?? When I upload it, it doesn't move...

It's so late yet again. Nice and cool. Every day has been rainy lately, perfect autumn weather.

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2014, 06:28:40 PM »
I'm losing my mind on how I can make the forum avatar a working .gif?? When I upload it, it doesn't move...

It's so late yet again. Nice and cool. Every day has been rainy lately, perfect autumn weather.
I'm not sure, but I think that gif avatars have to be under a certain size limit.  A buddy of mine made this one for me around a year ago, so I'm not sure exactly what he did that makes it work here.
Feel free to PM.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 08:32:59 AM »
I'm even more south than SecludedMan, haha. Currently residing in Tasmania ;) Weather is actually warming up a bit, yay, and the rain's left off for once. Sunny (or would be, if it were actually daylight right now), but I expect it's still below 15 deg C. There are blossoms and daffodils coming up everywhere. Springtime is nice.
Am notified of private messages via email.

SecludedMan

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2014, 08:43:02 AM »
Heh, In for spring now and I expect that my hayfever might flare up something severe.
Once I took some medication for it and it caused me to fall asleep in the middle of a class  ;D
Still I'm hoping that the weather actually starts to resemble spring and not just get wet and windy during that awkward transition that the weather here seems to go through

Sue D Nym

• Just a little something that I drew
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2014, 11:59:26 AM »
Getting into Fall over here in England, but still not too cold. Children are going back to school next week (hooray!). The little hooligans in my neighborhood scream like little banshees at almost all hours of the day. Also having to deal with the fact that my smoke alarm woke me up at five, then I overslept and woke up at nearly 11:30 this morning. Thank god I'm taking online college classes. Working on my capstone project, feeling like I'm in over my head and a little stressed. *Deep sigh* Ah, that's better now that I've gotten it out of my system.

In other words, I really hope the rest of you are doing better than me! Have a really nice, not-too-cold-or-too-hot day everybody! :)
"To Serve Man! It's a cookbook!"

Logical Psycho

• Not a Grade A cat - but with a hat!
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2014, 01:21:15 PM »
In other words, I really hope the rest of you are doing better than me! Have a really nice, not-too-cold-or-too-hot day everybody! :)

The weather was absolutely marvelous over here today :D
Also about the sole positive note about today - but hey, I'll take the win

What's your project about? :)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2014, 04:47:37 PM »
And just like that we passed 100 members. I believe congratulations are in order to both Eich and the community. So… Fruit Juice anyone!?

Skål/Kippis!

Sue D Nym

• Just a little something that I drew
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2014, 05:07:28 PM »
What's your project about? :)
I'm writing about the reasons behind the increase in homeschooling. I chose it partially because I am/was a homeschooler. There aren't a lot of studies on the subject unfortunately.
"To Serve Man! It's a cookbook!"

Haverberg

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2014, 08:00:29 PM »
Taking this as an excuse to join in but where I live is all rainy and cold at the moment,
Canberra has horrible winters and a general excuse to sit inside all day and read webcomics
(Just putting it out there that I'm an Australian Reader so if anyone needs a weather watch on the south I can probably fill in :P)

Is it hard for you to read the comic upside down, like do you get headaches and stuff?

As to the ongoing weather question for here where I am: I live in Minneapolis, so the weather is always  "yes, either 5 minutes ago or 5 minutes from now", except for our winters where the answer to any weather question is unprintable.
Fluent :usa:
Learning :uk:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2014, 08:54:34 PM »
And just like that we passed 100 members. I believe congratulations are in order to both Eich and the community. So… Fruit Juice anyone!?

Skål/Kippis!
:D  I'm pretty happy that things have gone this well.  The last 2-3 weeks of my life have been phenomenal, and this whole forum thing is nothing less than the icing on the awesome cake.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2014, 09:04:40 AM »
This might be a tad bizarre, but hey it's General Discussion right...? :O

KITTY ADVICE NEEDED ;__;

One of my cats has a habit/hobby of pushing her water bowl around the room, and likes nudging it atop her food plate, especially during the night and it's so noisy! The water bowl is ceramic and so are her plates and they clank all night keeping the whooooole household awake and THEN, in the morning there's water all over the floor blocking the front door, which she meows about at 4am, nearly two hours before we have to get up anyway...

We've tried everything: putting a napkin underneath, putting a damp cloth underneath, blu tacking the bowl down, and yesterday we got serious and duct taped the bowl to the floor.
All to no avail, she's got A+ bowl moving skills ;__; We tried putting her scratching post in there, which has worked...sort of....she tears it apart and still plays waterbowl-soccer XC

We don't want to have to remove their bowl, because our other cat (a tiny Lalli-kitty) drinks mostly at night and not during the day cos she's just like that XP

SO, does anyone have any bright ideas how to solve this? Because I'm all out..... *cries forever*
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:13:23 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2014, 10:51:53 AM »
This might be a tad bizarre, but hey it's General Discussion right...? :O

KITTY ADVICE NEEDED ;__;

One of my cats has a habit/hobby of pushing her water bowl around the room, and likes nudging it atop her food plate, especially during the night and it's so noisy! The water bowl is ceramic and so are her plates and they clank all night keeping the whooooole household awake and THEN, in the morning there's water all over the floor blocking the front door, which she meows about at 4am, nearly two hours before we have to get up anyway...

We've tried everything: putting a napkin underneath, putting a damp cloth underneath, blu tacking the bowl down, and yesterday we got serious and duct taped the bowl to the floor.
All to no avail, she's got A+ bowl moving skills ;__; We tried putting her scratching post in there, which has worked...sort of....she tears it apart and still plays waterbowl-soccer XC

We don't want to have to remove their bowl, because our other cat (a tiny Lalli-kitty) drinks mostly at night and not during the day cos she's just like that XP

SO, does anyone have any bright ideas how to solve this? Because I'm all out..... *cries forever*

I was about to suggest duct tape, but if even that  doesn't work it's a real dilemma.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2014, 12:57:56 PM »
Is it hard for you to read the comic upside down, like do you get headaches and stuff?
Fun fact: Have people wear turning-vision-180-degrees goggles for some while (in the order of days IIRC) and their brain will adapt and allow them to "see" the world correctly again. Our brains already having to counter such effects (image ist 180-ed on the retina, as with all lens- or pinhole-based cameras) seems to facilitate such tomfoolery.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2014, 01:13:34 PM »
Can't say that I have any experience with that, but surely there's some way to get things nailed down to the point that one'ld need either a key or power tools to get the bowls loose again?

(I'm thinking of two wooden panels, lower with cutouts for the bowls to rest in, upper with cutouts allowing access to the bowls but not to fit them through. Attach appropriate eyebolts to upper panel and floor, lock down with two padlocks, install webcam for da Interwebs' delight. >:D )
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2014, 01:29:57 PM »
Can't say that I have any experience with that, but surely there's some way to get things nailed down to the point that one'ld need either a key or power tools to get the bowls loose again?

Well, it's possible attach it permanently to the floor/any other surface using epoxy glue. If the cat still manages to move it it's likely a demon.