Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2304114 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 05:14:27 PM »
If you press the URL hotkey you will get the BBcode inserted, it looks like (url)(/url) but with square brackets.
You just paste the url between the two bracket-pairs. If you want to type what the link should look like (make your text into a link) you insert a = so that it becomes (url=)(/url), then paste the link after the = and write the text you want to make into a link between the bracket pairs.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:19:40 PM by Fimbulvarg »

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 06:05:23 PM »
Oh man I'm so tired. It's past 1 in the morning now... I should go to sleep, but at the same time I'm kind of excited about this forum, heh.
It's been over ten years since I last used forums to communicate with other people.
I guess I should experiment with my fonts? Like writing in unique colors??

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 06:40:13 PM »
I should really go to sleep as well, but finding old poems is so much more fun!
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 06:56:03 PM »
Edit:  -Snip-  Post belongs in the improvements page.
Feel free to PM.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 09:23:03 AM »
Glad to know I was not the only one to stay awake more than my body thinks I should :D And thanks to everyone, I finally got the link thing. I should try to experiment with other things... Like this cool shadow function .

Out of curiosity what's the weather like in wherever-you-live?

(I asked about the weather, yes, I did. I want to talk about the weather)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:49:55 AM by Nimphy »
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

SecludedMan

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 09:43:13 AM »
Taking this as an excuse to join in but where I live is all rainy and cold at the moment,
Canberra has horrible winters and a general excuse to sit inside all day and read webcomics
(Just putting it out there that I'm an Australian Reader so if anyone needs a weather watch on the south I can probably fill in :P)

Nimphy

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 09:50:29 AM »
Taking this as an excuse to join in but where I live is all rainy and cold at the moment,
Canberra has horrible winters and a general excuse to sit inside all day and read webcomics
(Just putting it out there that I'm an Australian Reader so if anyone needs a weather watch on the south I can probably fill in :P)

Winters? But it's summer right now...

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 10:02:26 AM »
Winters? But it's summer right now...

Not on the southern hemisphere (which includes Australia).

Nimphy

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 10:05:28 AM »
I knew that at least the climate was different, but I thought that you still considered it summer. Cold summer and hot winter.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 11:51:25 AM »
Out of curiosity what's the weather like in wherever-you-live?
(I asked about the weather, yes, I did. I want to talk about the weather)
... I hope you do not expect us to return daily and edit our posts appropriately, as the forum's purpose is to provide a place for long-living discussion threads ... ? :o

Sun and clouds taking turns, too cool to turn on the AC in this (glass) building (which IIUC ventilated its last gasp several years ago, anyway, and is still present for the sole purpose of taking up the place needed to install a new one), but muggy.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Nimphy

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 12:14:16 PM »
... I hope you do not expect us to return daily and edit our posts appropriately, as the forum's purpose is to provide a place for long-living discussion threads ... ? :o

Sun and clouds taking turns, too cool to turn on the AC in this (glass) building (which IIUC ventilated its last gasp several years ago, anyway, and is still present for the sole purpose of taking up the place needed to install a new one), but muggy.

Naah, just for today. I'm curious because my grandfather told me in Veneto it's snowing , and I wanted to know if the weather's crazy like that in the rest of the world.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 01:00:21 PM »
Well... Yesterday it was like 75 degrees (Fahrenheit) and I was far to warm. It kept alternating between being sunny and rainy. Today it is 65 degrees and now I'm cold. At least it's sunny, though, right?

I usually don't worry about the weather too much. I can't control it anyway.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 05:37:57 PM »
It was 100+ F yesterday where I'm at.  I only went outside once, and that was enough for me.  My roommate is scouting out fraternities, so he was standing around all day in long sleeves and pants... he wasn't too happy about that. Today isn't too bad though.
Feel free to PM.

SecludedMan

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 05:51:07 PM »
I knew that at least the climate was different, but I thought that you still considered it summer. Cold summer and hot winter.

Strange when it comes to things like Christmas which is in the middle of summer for us, I mean not that I mind because its a good opportunity to eat outside for the holidays but it also means that while it is sunny and warm over in the northern hemisphere, its cold and windy over here so i'd imagine that's why we shuffle the seasons around to fit.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2014, 06:01:48 PM »
Strange when it comes to things like Christmas which is in the middle of summer for us, I mean not that I mind because its a good opportunity to eat outside for the holidays but it also means that while it is sunny and warm over in the northern hemisphere, its cold and windy over here so i'd imagine that's why we shuffle the seasons around to fit.

If it's any consolation it's pretty cold and dreary here in Northern Europe right now, barely above 10 C°.