Author Topic: Wiki discussion  (Read 52300 times)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
Re: Wiki discussion
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 01:41:22 PM »
I was also thinking about what category to put pages like "Clensers" and "The First Rule" and the Mages article (which I haven't written yet but I will)... basically everything that aren't characters or locations or creatures. Maybe something like Terminology? Or World? Something... Anyone else have any ideas?
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 02:04:56 PM »
I was also thinking about what category to put pages like "Clensers" and "The First Rule" and the Mages article (which I haven't written yet but I will)... basically everything that aren't characters or locations or creatures. Maybe something like Terminology? Or World? Something... Anyone else have any ideas?

Cleansers and Mages could be Professions. The First Rule... World, I guess? Or terminology, or general. Or we could wait if there's a second rule. Or info pages. Dunno, your choice.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2014, 02:11:46 PM »
Question to all:

Should we keep this page now that we have separate pages for all of the people on it?
http://sssscomic.wikia.com/wiki/Secondary_Characters

If not, I'm going to go ahead and delete it just so people don't get confused.

Nimphy

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2014, 02:21:14 PM »
Question to all:

Should we keep this page now that we have separate pages for all of the people on it?
http://sssscomic.wikia.com/wiki/Secondary_Characters

If not, I'm going to go ahead and delete it just so people don't get confused.

As soon as I can (the computer was taken by the troll disguised as a little sister), I'll add other secondary characters to that. People like no-money-lady and Agneta. :D

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2014, 02:25:06 PM »
As soon as I can (the computer was taken by the troll disguised as a little sister), I'll add other secondary characters to that. People like no-money-lady and Agneta. :D

Don't forget Unflappable Train Guy!

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 02:59:43 PM »
I think I'm going to move the "Recently Changed Pages" link out of the menu, since I wanted to fit more categories in there... Is that Ok with everyone?
Speaking of categories, I have not yet found a method to see a list of all (possibly entirely uncategorized) pages - like "The Rash" and "The Illness", which I just added -, only the total count of pages mocking me from the homepage. :( Any hint that I may have missed ... ?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Nimphy

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2014, 03:04:51 PM »
Speaking of categories, I have not yet found a method to see a list of all (possibly entirely uncategorized) pages - like "The Rash" and "The Illness", which I just added -, only the total count of pages mocking me from the homepage. :( Any hint that I may have missed ... ?

There is a function, actually, but I don't remember it. I'll try and find it and put it in the navbar.

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2014, 03:13:11 PM »

I don't know if this will work for people who aren't admins, but this is a list of all pages currently on the wiki:
http://sssscomic.wikia.com/wiki/Special:AllPages

JoB

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2014, 03:31:18 PM »
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 02:40:44 PM »
So, quick question. Does anyone know why the "page does not exist" thing that shows up when you hover over a dead internal link is in... is that german? Dutch? Swedish?

Nimphy

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 04:02:36 PM »
So, quick question. Does anyone know why the "page does not exist" thing that shows up when you hover over a dead internal link is in... is that german? Dutch? Swedish?

Is it? It turns out in English for me.

JoB

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2014, 04:21:58 PM »
It says "TARGET_NAME (Seite nicht vorhanden)" for me, which is German, which I never selected in any properties of the wiki. I'ld guess that the language is autoselected from the browsers's language preferences (where I have set German to the topmost priority).

For Firefox, open Preferences, go to "Content" tab, and click "Choose ..." next to "Languages" to open the appropriate config window.

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2014, 04:44:08 PM »
It says "TARGET_NAME (Seite nicht vorhanden)" for me, which is German, which I never selected in any properties of the wiki. I'ld guess that the language is autoselected from the browsers's language preferences (where I have set German to the topmost priority).

For Firefox, open Preferences, go to "Content" tab, and click "Choose ..." next to "Languages" to open the appropriate config window.

I have mine set to English which is why I thought this was weird... It's not a huge deal, I suppose! What worries me more is the on-going difference between the number of pages quoted on the front page and the ones that show up in Special:AllPages... I did a quick google search on what might be causing it, and was given two solutions:
1. Clear your browser cache - did that, didn't work. Also tried it on my tablet which has the same thing happening.
2. Wait it out, since it's just wikia's servers being slow.

JoB

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 05:09:42 AM »
What worries me more is the on-going difference between the number of pages quoted on the front page and the ones that show up in Special:AllPages...
Muh ... ? Claims 31 for me right now, and AllPages lists 31 pages and one Redirect ("Main Page", to "Stand Still, Stay Silent Wiki") ...

Nimphy

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 12:52:34 PM »
I don't know if others have this problem, too, but I noticed that some recently edited pages do not appear in the 'recently edited' list, at least not immediately. I'll give it a look and see if anything can be done.

Meanwhile, I've been rereading the comic and I'm about to set on a pretty long edit on the various characters' pages, so I'd ask everyone not to make any edits right now, for a couple of hours at most.