Author Topic: Reynir Árnason -- Character Development  (Read 29758 times)

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
Re: Reynir Árnason -- Character Development
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2015, 02:40:14 AM »
A random thought I just had:

Every dream that Reynir has is a reset for Braidy and him. When he wakes up, he never remembers anything about the dream and Braidy reverts back to his pristine condition, therefore ensuring that Reynir never needs to braid his hair himself.

It's the only logical explanation
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

SeaAngel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2015, 11:32:25 AM »
I'd say he's got some "new hairs" growing in the front all the time, and being shorter, they don't stay in the braid and being lighter, they stick upwards... :P ...who am I kidding, he's had a consistent hairstyle his whole life, the hair would've already gown long enough, so it can't be my carefully made up explanation! The front is obviously cut to be shorter! It looks good on him becaaaaause... Icelandic magic, says I.

I think this "new hair" explanation is spot-on, because this is exactly what has been happening to my own hair.
There are permanantly short hair around my face -- the rest is long. By the time the short hair goes long, NEW short hair has spruted! Result: permanantly untamable hair in annoying places. It is horror. :P
(Btw, a hairdresser once told me that this is happening because my hair was NEVER cut when I was a small child. I can totally see the same thing happening to Reynir.)
Fluent:
OK:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2015, 11:53:26 AM »
We know he grew up on a tiny farm, but here's something I hadn't really considered before - was he ever around anyone BUT his family growing up? This may be his first time (barring the Tuna Fish) that he's actually spent a good deal of time interacting with anyone who isn't a family member, and obviously he wouldn't really know how to act around peoplefor that reason (not asking them how they feel, etc)

Of course it's possible they had farmhands and such, but even so.

Thoughts?
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2015, 12:11:53 PM »
Going by pages 293 + 294 he could even have lived in a tiny village. On page 293 we see a bit too many buildings for a singular farm and on page 294 one of the houses on the right hand side seems to have a sign outside of it and another hanging on the wall that make it look like it could be a shop or a bar.

If that's the case, then most likely he's only known a handful of people in his life: the villagers and relatives popping by for a visit. Judging by his reaction to Reykjavík he's definitely unused to large amounts of people - er - the amount of people living in a small-ish town, so I wouldn't be surprised if at least a part of his problems interacting with the others wasn't simply due to lack of practice (and the fact that some crew members Lalli is too Lalli are themselves not easy for socializing anyway).
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2015, 12:21:22 PM »
Going by pages 293 + 294 he could even have lived in a tiny village. On page 293 we see a bit too many buildings for a singular farm and on page 294 one of the houses on the right hand side seems to have a sign outside of it and another hanging on the wall that make it look like it could be a shop or a bar.

If that's the case, then most likely he's only known a handful of people in his life: the villagers and relatives popping by for a visit. Judging by his reaction to Reykjavík he's definitely unused to large amounts of people - er - the amount of people living in a small-ish town, so I wouldn't be surprised if at least a part of his problems interacting with the others wasn't simply due to lack of practice (and the fact that some crew members Lalli is too Lalli are themselves not easy for socializing anyway).
Well that's good at least! I was worried poor Reynir had literally NEVER SEEN OTHER PEOPLE
Good catch laufey :3

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2015, 12:05:26 AM »
I dunno, my brother's girlfriend has super long hair that she keeps parted down the middle and basically NEVER styles or gets trimmed, other than cutting off some inches off the whole bottom. So since she's been doing this her whole life ( to my knowledge) her bangs are just as long as the rest of her hair. She usually has no problem with getting her hair in her face when she braids or puts it in a ponytail, because it all holds equally together in the hair tie.
From personal experience, shorter floofy hair is actually harder when its windy/you need to work, because it's nye on impossible to get all the different lengths to all stay down with bobby pins and the like.

Looks like his hair is so floofy in the front, it would whip around in his face whenever there was a slight wind. What I've learned of Iceland from this forum, is that Iceland is windy as all heck, so this would probably be a huge hassle.

I'm probably over analyzing this... °_°

Maybe it isn't multi-length so much as by choice but because all the lambs liked to sneak up on him while he was day dreaming and try to eat his hair.

Cat Is in the Moon

• Such Evil.
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2015, 12:36:55 AM »
To be frank the one thing I've been wondering about the most since Reynir arrived is probably if he remembered to take his hairbrush with him. If he doesn't have a hairbrush, the world is going to self-destruct painfully.

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2015, 11:40:14 AM »
To be frank the one thing I've been wondering about the most since Reynir arrived is probably if he remembered to take his hairbrush with him. If he doesn't have a hairbrush, the world is going to self-destruct painfully.
Maybe he can share Emil's  ;)

Cat Is in the Moon

• Such Evil.
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2015, 05:07:12 PM »
Nej men Emil är svensk. ;) Emil's Swedish. He doesn't have a hairbrush he just needs to swing his hand and his hair sets itself perfectly. But... there must be a limit for how long hair you're allowed to do that with. XD Otherwise I'll die of jealousy...

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2015, 05:52:02 PM »
He doesn't have a hairbrush he just needs to swing his hand and his hair sets itself perfectly.
Well, we have seen Lalli just kind of flailing at it (in the train!) and it still magically sparkled back into place.
(I'm jealous as well, don't worry)

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2015, 04:02:56 PM »
I saw this video on Facebook and all I could think of was Reynir's hair. (warning: there's music)

https://www.facebook.com/Vlechten.met.Daan/videos/1641853616052356/
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2015, 04:19:27 PM »
I saw this video on Facebook and all I could think of was Reynir's hair. (warning: there's music)

OH MY GOD YES
Someone please draw this.

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2015, 07:56:37 PM »

*Bows and pays respect to you, beautiful person*
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2015, 08:17:56 PM »
OH MY GOD YES
Someone please draw this.

will this suffice for a while?

by the way, Tuuri loves Reynir's hair, not him (yet?)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 08:54:09 PM by Antillanka »
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2015, 11:52:02 PM »
by the way, Tuuri loves Reynir's hair, not him (yet?)
That is definitely a thing I will sadly admit to having done a few times in real life >_>