Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842519 times)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4590 on: October 18, 2015, 07:36:15 AM »
Hi all *waves*
Sorry this isn't Halloweeny at all. It was more of an absent minded paint from the other day. I guess it serves as an updated version of my sona. Her hair is a bit longer and such, following my own. She still has the demon cats of course, they're just not pictured here. They're probably off stealing Haiz's clothes making mischief somewhere ;)

Ah nice ^_^ Your watercoloring is really getting better all the time :3
I don't know if I'll have time to do a halloweeny version due to Poor Neglected Responsibilities, but if anyone wants to draw Sóley eating people or something that is fine with me. No I have not been watching Hannibal what are you talking about
If no one else has volunteered already I'd be happy to do this for you, although it may turn out to be Sóley demon/zombie/goblin/monster/thing eating people :3

Curry and Unlos - haha, what a great combo  ;D Curry's lineart was super cool and all, but I'm so happy to see it coloured too :3 Oh, and Curry, that's some super weirded freakiness for Ana's trade o_O it's downright unsettling, but also kinda pretty ^_^

DancingRanger - ah wow, that's very subtly creepy, with the gentle shading and the slight hint of claws it's done very nicely (goes on internet to do some research on this)

Ana Nymus - Waaaaaah! I was expecting something, but the whole thing doing that? 10 bonus creepy points for you! That's so completely the kind of feeling I was getting from Curry's Halloween design as well, but the way you've done it is fantastic. I especially like that one mask where the eyes open in the dark version

You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4591 on: October 18, 2015, 05:38:18 PM »
Aaaah thank you to everybody who complimented the Ana Nymus trade!! I only have one more left, and Daéa, I'm REALLY EXCITED to illustrate it!! Remind me to start looking up reference pictures for space suits soon ;3c

Curry, both HalloweenAnas are great! (And I'm glad you liked the colored WitchCurry, I am tempted to see if I can colour in any more of those designs)

EEEEEE PLEASE DO!! I have... about six to post, actually, and there are some in the last batch of three that are REALLY GOOD if I do say so myself. I just need to take pictures with nice lighting and then I'll toss them up here :D

Also, welcome back Alethryia!!
YEET

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4592 on: October 18, 2015, 08:22:23 PM »
Wow, I have been gone a while; starting of a new school year and moving into a new house has been very demanding! Now to catch up on ALL THE THINGS!

ALL SHALL REJOICE, FOR THE WATERCOLOR QUEEN HATH RETURNED
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4593 on: October 18, 2015, 08:59:13 PM »
Aaaah thank you to everybody who complimented the Ana Nymus trade!! I only have one more left, and Daéa, I'm REALLY EXCITED to illustrate it!! Remind me to start looking up reference pictures for space suits soon ;3c

AAAAAAA I'M SO EXCITED *_*
I have some ideas for Karri, more specifically, for Karri's hair and how to ruin it but shhh *evil laugh*

Ana Nymus, your gifs really took me by surprise. Your avatar is scaring me. Good job!! ;D
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4594 on: October 19, 2015, 02:50:19 PM »
Finished trade with Unlos.

Spoiler: show
“Una, Group Two’s calling in their supply list.”
“Alright, I’ll deal with it,” Una replied, annoyed. She grabbed the headphones from a mound of paperwork, adjusted the mic, and listened. The connection was horrible, as was to be expected. Forecasts put the group in the middle of yet another snowstorm. At least it was still intelligible.
“Wait--how much explosive?”
---------
“Really.”
-----------
“Uh-huh. Well, I’ll see what I can do, but I don’t think that counts as necessary expenditure.”
---------------------------------------------
“YOU DID WHAT?”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“OK, that throws everything off. Do you know how expensive those are?”
------------------------------------------
"Look, give me a few minutes, and I’ll get back to you. Might have what you need then. Oh, and for the love of Odin, keep Fimby away from the incendiaries this time.”
----------------------------------
“Roger. Signing off. Oh, and ask that guy to warm up his freaky teleport spell.”
Shutting off the mic, she leaned back into a chair, rubbing her temples.
“Skurvbefengte råtesopp av ein innavla fåreskalle….” she muttered. “This is why I hate my job.” Sighing, she grabbed the mic again. She set the frequency to the proper setting, stated her name, and waited for the secretary to reconnect her.
A man answered the call. Without going into too much detail, he was the primary supplier of ammunition for the expedition. She’d nicknamed him Mr. Boom, since his name, some foreign concoction from pre-Rash times, was basically unpronounceable. He was as volatile as his nickname suggested. He was also, unfortunately, extremely wealthy.
“Hey, this is Una. You know, from the Allied Expedition?”
Mr. Boom acknowledged that he had heard of her.
“Nice to speak, too, sir. Now, we’ve got ourselves in need of some ammunition.”
Mr. Boom wanted to know exactly what happened to the several crates he had already sent.
“Well…...our team members pulled a Vasterstrom, so to speak….”
There was some muffled cursing, and a demand to know why did they do something that stupid, do you know how expensive and difficult it is to make those, etc etc etc.
“Yes, I’m aware of how difficult those rounds are to manufacture, sir, but our records state you have several hundred cases still in stock, and there can’t be much demand for that caliber in Iceland, can there?”
Sullen muttering and a statement that there would be no price for which he would sell his stock.
“Regardless, we need those rounds. We’re prepared to offer-”
Mr. Boom suggested several highly improbable places she could put her offer.
“Sir, no I will not do that. In fact, it is highly insulting that you--.”
Mr. Boom reached a level of poetry unattained by Shakespeare in the execution of his insults.
“Sir, if you persist in this behavior I will have no choice but to take my business elsewhere.”
Mr. Boom told her that there’d be no way an <expletive deleted> like her could get anything, him having absorbed the company of his major competitor yesterday.
“I see. Stole their business? How interesting. Have a nice day, now.”

She flipped the frequency back to Group Two’s radios, cutting off Mr. Boom’s final insults. The connection still was mostly static.
---------------------------
“Can you get that survivor guy on?”
----------

---------------------
“Hey, can you do me a favor? Got a slight problem that requires a quick solution.”
------------------------------
“Thanks. It’s 1823 Rostungur Avenue.”
----------------------

Switching the radio off, she waited a few minutes. Soon, Mr. Boom was calling back. He apologized profusely, and offered to sell the ammunition for half the asking price. His voice carried hints of sweat and fear. She thanked him, and switched back to Group Two.
“Thanks. You’ll get what you need in a couple days.”

Just another day at the office…..
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:43:08 PM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4595 on: October 19, 2015, 04:01:04 PM »
Finished trade with Unlos.

Spoiler: show
“Una, Group Two’s calling in their supply list.”
“Alright, I’ll deal with it,” Una replied, annoyed. She grabbed the headphones from a mound of paperwork, adjusted the mic, and listened. The connection was horrible, as was to be expected. Forecasts put the group in the middle of yet another snowstorm. At least it was still intelligible.
“Wait--how much explosive?”
---------
“Really.”
-----------
“Uh-huh. Well, I’ll see what I can do, but I don’t think that counts as necessary expenditure.”
---------------------------------------------
“YOU DID WHAT?”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“OK, that throws everything off. Do you know how expensive those are?”
------------------------------------------
Look, give me a few minutes, and I’ll get back to you. Might have what you need then. Oh, and for the love of Odin, keep Fimby away from the incendiaries this time.”
----------------------------------
“Roger. Signing off. Oh, and ask that guy to warm up his freaky teleport spell.”
Shutting off the mic, she leaned back into a chair, rubbing her temples.
“Skurvbefengte råtesopp av ein innavla fåreskalle….” she muttered. “This is why I hate my job.” Sighing, she grabbed the mic again. She set the frequency to the proper setting, stated her name, and waited for the secretary to reconnect her.
A man answered the call. Without going into too much detail, he was the primary supplier of ammunition for the expedition. She’d nicknamed him Mr. Boom, since his name, some foreign concoction from pre-Rash times, was basically unpronounceable. He was as volatile as his nickname suggested. He was also, unfortunately, extremely wealthy.
“Hey, this is Una. You know, from the Allied Expedition?”
Mr. Boom acknowledged that he had heard of her.
“Nice to speak, too, sir. Now, we’ve got ourselves in need of some ammunition.”
Mr. Boom wanted to know exactly what happened to the several crates he had already sent.
“Well…...our team members pulled a Vasterstrom, so to speak….”
There was some muffled cursing, and a demand to know why did they do something that stupid, do you know how expensive and difficult it is to make those, etc etc etc.
“Yes, I’m aware of how difficult those rounds are to manufacture, sir, but our records state you have several hundred cases still in stock, and there can’t be much demand for that caliber in Iceland, can there?”
Sullen muttering and a statement that there would be no price for which he would sell his stock.
“Regardless, we need those rounds. We’re prepared to offer-”
Mr. Boom suggested several highly improbable places she could put her offer.
“Sir, no I will not do that. In fact, it is highly insulting that you--.”
Mr. Boom reached a level of poetry unattained by Shakespeare in the execution of his insults.
“Sir, if you persist in this behavior I will have no choice but to take my business elsewhere.”
Mr. Boom told her that there’d be no way an <expletive deleted> like her could get anything, him having absorbed the company of his major competitor yesterday.
“I see. Stole their business? How interesting. Have a nice day, now.”

She flipped the frequency back to Group Two’s radios, cutting off Mr. Boom’s final insults. The connection still was mostly static.
---------------------------
“Can you get that survivor guy on?”
----------

---------------------
“Hey, can you do me a favor? Got a slight problem that requires a quick solution.”
------------------------------
“Thanks. It’s 1823 Rostungur Avenue.”
----------------------

Switching the radio off, she waited a few minutes. Soon, Mr. Boom was calling back. He apologized profusely, and offered to sell the ammunition for half the asking price. His voice carried hints of sweat and fear. She thanked him, and switched back to Group Two.
“Thanks. You’ll get what you need in a couple days.”

Just another day at the office…..

I've said so already in PM, but I love this, THANK YOU so much!!  It's funny, and a great glimpse into the life of team 5, wooo!

EEEEEE PLEASE DO!! I have... about six to post, actually, and there are some in the last batch of three that are REALLY GOOD if I do say so myself. I just need to take pictures with nice lighting and then I'll toss them up here :D

ALRIGHTY THEN *cracks knuckles*

Karri is great for hair color practice.  ;D

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4596 on: October 19, 2015, 05:17:19 PM »
ALRIGHTY THEN *cracks knuckles*

Karri is great for hair color practice.  ;D

AAAAAAAA THIS IS SO CUTE
I love the lavender and minty green palette!! And you're right, I found my current hair-painting style by painting Karri's hair :0
YEET

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4597 on: October 20, 2015, 03:59:09 PM »
AAAAAAAA THIS IS SO CUTE
I love the lavender and minty green palette!! And you're right, I found my current hair-painting style by painting Karri's hair :0
I am glad you like them because here's another. :D I started with the hair this time, then going to the tail - yellow seemed a good color to go with red. After colourig that in, it was just a given what type of cat neko-Karri really is. Something at the back of my mind tells me that althoug this neko is super cute, you don't want them to remove their gloves. I had more trouble choosing dress colour than normally, so there's two versions. And I'm ptret-ty pleased with how the hair turned out on this, I am trying to discover more than the default brushes and for this I used the thick heavy brushes, which turned out really good for adding structure!

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4598 on: October 20, 2015, 04:13:55 PM »
I am glad you like them because here's another. :D I started with the hair this time, then going to the tail - yellow seemed a good color to go with red. After colourig that in, it was just a given what type of cat neko-Karri really is. Something at the back of my mind tells me that althoug this neko is super cute, you don't want them to remove their gloves. I had more trouble choosing dress colour than normally, so there's two versions. And I'm ptret-ty pleased with how the hair turned out on this, I am trying to discover more than the default brushes and for this I used the thick heavy brushes, which turned out really good for adding structure!

These just keep getting cuter and cuter ;w; I'm SUCH A FAN of this hair!! Also, what version of photoshop do you have?? I might be able to recommend some fun brushes to mess around with! :D
YEET

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4599 on: October 22, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »
I'm spamming this thread with some more selfinsertart, this time a portrait. (Proportions? Pshah!) I decided that since my previous drawing of Mimmi was actually a birthday present for Trinka, I simply had to draw her again as a thank you/my part of the art trade for the lovely burtonified version of Una.

Sorry the proportions are weird, I thought I was going for chibi but it turned into something else entirely, fitting for Halloweeny october..
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 03:09:14 AM by Unlos »

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4600 on: October 23, 2015, 03:05:47 PM »
I drew Haiz's magesona! :D
I really loved playing around with expressions (I even copied a face from one of hir actual pictures, guess which one ::)).

native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4601 on: October 23, 2015, 03:11:41 PM »

aaaaaaa i love this!!! did you copy the expression on the one in the upper right corner? because that expression is Canon hahahaha

yeah. your style is awesome and it totally made my day ^_____________^

Spoiler: found the expression • show

incidentally my expression at seeing this
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 03:15:30 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4602 on: October 25, 2015, 05:49:53 AM »
I got most of the Finnish gang together at Helle-Mai's sauna before most of them left for expeditions.  We left the lights out so we didn't have to worry about anyone's sensitivities.  Happy Hallowe'en!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4603 on: October 25, 2015, 07:06:36 AM »
I drew Haiz's magesona! :D
I really loved playing around with expressions (I even copied a face from one of hir actual pictures, guess which one ::)).
I really like the blep, and the concentrated "let's get down to business" with the bow and arrow :) You do expressions well!

I got most of the Finnish gang together at Helle-Mai's sauna before most of them left for expeditions.  We left the lights out so we didn't have to worry about anyone's sensitivities.  Happy Hallowe'en!

Bwahaha lovely! Poor Lauf is never included...what is vitsad?

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4604 on: October 25, 2015, 07:33:52 AM »

AHAHAHAHHHAHAHAH BEAUTIFUL! "No aCcorDionS hERe juST Us sAUnA eLveS, noThinG tO woRRY, HoneST."
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: