Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843190 times)

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4395 on: September 30, 2015, 04:32:25 PM »
This is my favorite portrait paint BY FAR that I've done yet :D And here we have the disaster duo, AKA Karna and Karri!

snip
And they're gorgeously done, I really like the painty style!

Haiz, Mucha Mimmi is really lovely, and Videovance and Willowham are so expressive :) *out of words, throws sparkles*

I still have... two more trades on my list... also I'm not sure what my trade count is compared to Unlos'.

Eheheh it's 13 actually, the rest has just been me using unsuspecting ssssonas for models...

*EDIT*: Curry, I didn't see you were open for art-trades, I'd love to do an art trade with you! A Perfect excuse for redrawing Karri!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:33:55 AM by Unlos »

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4396 on: September 30, 2015, 06:14:36 PM »
This is my favorite portrait paint BY FAR that I've done yet :D And here we have the disaster duo, AKA Karna and Karri!

Wow, they look so good! Slightly unhinged, but good.
I swear karri's hair just gets floofier and floofier. Magic hair.

I love your new painting style. It looks softer and more traditional in a way?
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #4397 on: October 01, 2015, 02:05:26 AM »

I've discovered an actual painting style, I think, and I'm so happy :'3c

EDIT: Eich informed me that I don't actually have to censor this since its gore level is within what the comic has, so WOO MORE BLOOD SPLATTERS FOR EVERYBODY  (ノ◯ヮ◯)ノ :。・:*:・゚'☆

EDITEDIT: you know what I was talking about the painting style but all that blood lowkey covers it up :P

Spoiler: previous UnBlooded Version • show

Ooh, wow, yes, good!
!Muy bueno!
That hair, especially.

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #4398 on: October 01, 2015, 06:14:35 PM »
For my side of an art trade with Curry! I tried to color differently, and yeah, never again.  I like how the face and hair turned out, though. 8)

Spoiler: Digital + Coloring • show
(There are some mistakes here, I just noticed, hnng)

Spoiler: Sketch • show

« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 07:09:40 PM by Ari »

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4399 on: October 01, 2015, 07:48:14 PM »
For my side of an art trade with Curry! I tried to color differently, and yeah, never again.  I like how the face and hair turned out, though. 8)

Spoiler: Sketch • show

SC...REECHES THIS IS SO CUTE?? I'M DYING AAAAAAAA!!! I love it so much!!! :___3c The coloring in general is super soft and pretty (ESPECIALLY on the face, look at those adorable pink shadows, aaaaaaaa ;w;) I'll be doing your half of the trade as soon as I can! :D heeee I'm so excited I can't wait to do some more paints
YEET

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4400 on: October 01, 2015, 07:53:27 PM »
ARI that is ADORABLE and i'm kinda on the verge of asking you if you wanna art trade with me,, except I still haven't cleared my list and october will be Busy,,, but i am so so tempted waaaaahh

ANYWAY, willowham did their half of our art trade! they asked me if I could post it here for them:

it's so cute i love it
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4401 on: October 01, 2015, 08:03:41 PM »

Aaa your style is super cute and I love it even if I've probably already said so! The coloring looks really nice, IMO :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4402 on: October 01, 2015, 08:26:59 PM »
It's October 1st, guys, and you know, I figured it was HIGH TIME we had another sona prompt ;3c It's time to get

As we all know, Halloween is the best month[citation needed], and it has some of the most fun looks to create! Halloween costumes can be almost anything! Ghosts, the Wizard of Oz, pirates, clowns, fairies, the works! However, this thread is a bit more extravagant than that, so let's DITCH THE COSTUMES and go straight to what the costumes are imitating!!

The month-long October prompt is to make your SSSSona into a SUPER SPOOKY SONA that SCREAMS HALLOWEEN!! (Spooky spans the entire range from "Oh, they're a really shy ghost, how cute!" to right before "Wow, that's genuinely horrifying, and I'm going to have nightmares tonight!" so don't feel a need to horror it up if that's not your style! Halloween does not always equal horror :)))

REMINDER OF THE FORUM RULES:
If the drawing contains blood/scariness/violence within what the canon SSSS comic has portrayed/contained, you do not need to put it under a spoiler! Spook (freely) away!
If it does contain graphic gore or abject horror, it's prooobably not the best idea to post it outright. As Laufey has done in the past with her bloodiest watercolors, linking with a warning is a good alternative! Spook (measuredly) away!
Fanfictions are AWESOME AND SO VERY WANTED but the same applies to them with gore level - if you go all out it's probably to give warning before somebody accidentally signs away their peace of mind for the next three weeks :P

NOW TO GET THIS STARTED!

Here we have Happy Festive Mask Salesperson Karri! They sell magic masks that transform you into another species or costume entirely, complete with hair, hats, clothing, anything you need! They aren't very successful, however, since they always want to use them all on themself and they're very reluctant to give them up, given that each is unique in its own way.

(A more typical spooky example would be what the SSSS Art Museum is doing with the Näkki Lallis - monsters and poltergeists and ghouls, oh my! I will be making lots and lots of Spooky Karris, so keep a lookout on those! Now, GO AND HALLOWEENIFY YOURSELVES!!)

Edit: got too excited, uploaded Coloring Book version first ::)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:41:08 PM by Curry »
YEET

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #4403 on: October 01, 2015, 09:22:02 PM »
SC...REECHES THIS IS SO CUTE?? I'M DYING AAAAAAAA!!! I love it so much!!! :___3c The coloring in general is super soft and pretty (ESPECIALLY on the face, look at those adorable pink shadows, aaaaaaaa ;w;) I'll be doing your half of the trade as soon as I can! :D heeee I'm so excited I can't wait to do some more paints

Thanks, I'm really really glad you like it!  :D <3

ARI that is ADORABLE and i'm kinda on the verge of asking you if you wanna art trade with me,, except I still haven't cleared my list and october will be Busy,,, but i am so so tempted waaaaahh
[cut]

Thanks!
Also, I'd totally be up for it anytime. It doesn't have to be in October if you're busy!  ;)
Aaa your style is super cute and I love it even if I've probably already said so! The coloring looks really nice, IMO :)

Thanks!

It's October 1st, guys, and you know, I figured it was HIGH TIME we had another sona prompt ;3c It's time to get

As we all know, Halloween is the best month[citation needed], and it has some of the most fun looks to create! Halloween costumes can be almost anything! Ghosts, the Wizard of Oz, pirates, clowns, fairies, the works! However, this thread is a bit more extravagant than that, so let's DITCH THE COSTUMES and go straight to what the costumes are imitating!!

The month-long October prompt is to make your SSSSona into a SUPER SPOOKY SONA that SCREAMS HALLOWEEN!! (Spooky spans the entire range from "Oh, they're a really shy ghost, how cute!" to right before "Wow, that's genuinely horrifying, and I'm going to have nightmares tonight!" so don't feel a need to horror it up if that's not your style! Halloween does not always equal horror :)))

REMINDER OF THE FORUM RULES:
If the drawing contains blood/scariness/violence within what the canon SSSS comic has portrayed/contained, you do not need to put it under a spoiler! Spook (freely) away!
If it does contain graphic gore or abject horror, it's prooobably not the best idea to post it outright. As Laufey has done in the past with her bloodiest watercolors, linking with a warning is a good alternative! Spook (measuredly) away!
Fanfictions are AWESOME AND SO VERY WANTED but the same applies to them with gore level - if you go all out it's probably to give warning before somebody accidentally signs away their peace of mind for the next three weeks :P

NOW TO GET THIS STARTED!

Here we have Happy Festive Mask Salesperson Karri! They sell magic masks that transform you into another species or costume entirely, complete with hair, hats, clothing, anything you need! They aren't very successful, however, since they always want to use them all on themself and they're very reluctant to give them up, given that each is unique in its own way.

(A more typical spooky example would be what the SSSS Art Museum is doing with the Näkki Lallis - monsters and poltergeists and ghouls, oh my! I will be making lots and lots of Spooky Karris, so keep a lookout on those! Now, GO AND HALLOWEENIFY YOURSELVES!!)

Edit: got too excited, uploaded Coloring Book version first ::)

AW YES HALLOWEEN
SUPER PUMPED EVEN THOUGH IT'S ONLY LIKE OCTOBER FIRST AWESOME

Also, that is an extremely cool concept with the masks!

Maybe I'll try to make Ari scary instead of drawing him as like, a princess or something. Or I'll just do several.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #4404 on: October 01, 2015, 09:28:25 PM »
It's October 1st, guys, and you know, I figured it was HIGH TIME we had another sona prompt ;3c It's time to get spooky!
(snop)

*_* Excellent idea! I'm already doing some brainstorming, oho...
Wonderful drawing/concept, by the way. Love it. : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4405 on: October 01, 2015, 11:17:03 PM »
Alright, so we've got HtTYD concept art style art trade for Curry! :D

everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #4406 on: October 01, 2015, 11:26:48 PM »
Ooooo! Curry you've given me the perfect excuse to draw a Wendigo-Sona. (I never thought I'd ever do it. . .Wendigos are super scary)
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #4407 on: October 02, 2015, 03:13:36 AM »
I've mostly been lurking here for, like, ever. So hello. Ilmari has not gotten killed while scouting, so that's good. :J

Do any of you think Halloween or a similar holiday would still be practiced in the silent world? I've heard Halloween isn't as much of a big deal outside the US really. It would be kinda ironic if it caught on after The Illness and all the REAL horror.

Then again I could see the "masks to confuse spirits" thing being popular if just for morale.

That said, would any of the ssssonas participate if it were a thing? Ilmari probably would if he were off duty, but it's not like he'd let it get in the way of his job. Might want some type of extra protection from evil spirits, and no one would be completely sure if it were serious or a joke. (I love Halloween. We might all need to share different seasonal words and phrases, but that would be in the language forum I guess :J)
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4408 on: October 02, 2015, 03:35:11 AM »
Do any of you think Halloween or a similar holiday would still be practiced in the silent world? I've heard Halloween isn't as much of a big deal outside the US really. It would be kinda ironic if it caught on after The Illness and all the REAL horror.

Finns have an autumn celebration of their own already called Kekri. It's a celebration of the dead but f.ex. dressing up in costumes is not a part of it - but who knows, costume parties are fun and whenever you see people actually celebrating Halloween in Finland it tends to mean a drunken costume party because Finns take any excuse to get really, really drunk. Actually come to think of it the same goes for Iceland where Halloween IS bigger than in Finland, but even here no other part than spooky costumes and large amounts of alcohol are involved. I don't even know what pumpkin spice tastes like and if tumblr is to be trusted I'm missing out.

Finns do have some similar traditions to Halloween but they're centered around Easter, when children dress up as witches and their familiars and go from house to house, pretend to whip the house owners with decorated twigs and recite a spell for good luck for the following year. They get candy and sometimes small amounts of money and typically give each a decorated twig for each house they go to. This tradition originally comes from east Finland, Karelia, but has spread to the whole country because people do love to celebrate... so who knows, since Halloween has already made some kind of a mark it's entirely possible that it would be included in Kekri traditions somehow.

That said -

Yes, YES, YES, I'm all for this idea! Time to bring out the big guns!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 04:01:40 AM by Laufey »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4409 on: October 02, 2015, 04:40:51 AM »
Oh yes please! :D Karri looks awesome and this idea is brilliant!!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3