Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841567 times)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3315 on: July 21, 2015, 04:54:31 AM »
Hah hahahahah hahahahahahahahahahah *dies*

Upon popular request here is a meeting of team 2 and team 3. I honestly tried to have everyone acting in character and have some semblance of coherence it in, but there were just too many 'ssssonas to juggle (I'm seriously hoping I managed to fit everyone in, but I just don't know anymore  :'( !!!!!!) aaaaaaand it kinda descended into a jumbled mess of something....... This thing has been kinda figuratively killing me for days, but maybe some you y'alls will get a laugh out of it (is it even funny? I just can't tell anymore.... HAH,BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!)

Anyway, hopefully nobody's major insulted by the way their ssssona was depicted. It's under a spoiler because it's just SO FREAKING LONG! (Long story short, Fimby decides to try weaponise bloptroll and team 2 decide to head over to a quieter place - team 3 base. Everyone gets along swimmingly then fimby + bloptroll arrive and chaos ensues. Sofie is not having a good day back at the communications office)
Spoiler: show

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 09:44:27 AM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3316 on: July 21, 2015, 05:17:09 AM »
I love seeing all of them gather together and have interactions :) And we are so many here ! Thank Gwenno !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #3317 on: July 21, 2015, 05:41:24 AM »
That's brilliant, Gwenno, but at first I thought Fimby's idea for weaponising the Blorptroll was just stuffing it in a sack and throwing it at someone. What a brilliant weapon that would be.

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3318 on: July 21, 2015, 08:21:47 AM »

I can't even breathe I'm laughing so hard!!!!!! This is absolutely perfect!  ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3319 on: July 21, 2015, 08:30:47 AM »
At some point you will have to sleep. Presumably you didn't glue your hat/socks to your body.
I'll make a nest out of all my clothes and sleep in it. also magic. yes. magic is the best defense

This reminds me of Randy in "A Christmas Story."  I'm so sorry. 
no I'm not
pFFFFFF
this in turns reminds me of a photo of me

I AM A MIGHTY MAGE OF DARKNESS AND POWER
don't mess

If they asks about their socks tell them the Sokkesnok did it.
like this one?

*wipes single tear* this was beautiful
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 04:42:34 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3320 on: July 21, 2015, 08:40:52 AM »
I'll make a nest out of all my clothes and sleep in it. also magic. yes. magic is the best defense
I AM A MIGHTY MAGE OF DARKNESS AND POWER
don't mess

You say to the mage who accidentally blew up a small village with dark magic that one time.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3321 on: July 21, 2015, 08:47:23 AM »
You say to the mage who accidentally blew up a small village with dark magic that one time.
yeah well nobody has tried to take my coat before. nobody alive who can tell you the consequences, anyhow
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

« Reply #3322 on: July 21, 2015, 09:01:25 AM »
*Frowns* Well, I suppose it was one of those secrets parts in your past...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3323 on: July 21, 2015, 09:06:29 AM »
*Frowns* Well, I suppose it was one of those secrets parts in your past...

The picture I drew last week was of the aftermath. Sóley tries not to dabble so much anymore, but there is the tarot card Laufey drew, sooo....
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3324 on: July 21, 2015, 09:47:34 AM »
yeah well nobody has tried to take my coat before. nobody alive who can tell you the consequences, anyhow
We'll accept glow-in-the-dark craters for proof, too. :D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3325 on: July 21, 2015, 08:39:17 PM »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #3326 on: July 21, 2015, 08:58:51 PM »
Eh... not really, because in the reservoir is a Hydrogen peroxide solution+ other chemicals for cleaning... not fun in the sun to be sprayed by that.

Additionally I had an idea for the backgrounds for Khali, Dancing Ranger, Kicknrun, Kauniiunia and possibly
curry's characters.

Tank training!.... Actually probably just Khali, dancing ranger and  Kauniiunia will use that one since Kicknrun and Curry's characters are cleansers I might use a different BG for them... Basically photos taken during training for dossiers.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3327 on: July 21, 2015, 09:44:28 PM »
here ya go.

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-75QGFMR-Foamaster-Adjustable-Cleaning/dp/B000XTH1GY
I followed this link, and now Google is trying to sell me foam guns on the skyscraper ad near the comments section. Looks cool, though.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3328 on: July 21, 2015, 10:28:11 PM »

Upon popular request here is a meeting of team 2 and team 3. I honestly tried to have everyone acting in character and have some semblance of coherence it in, but there were just too many 'ssssonas to juggle (I'm seriously hoping I managed to fit everyone in, but I just don't know anymore  :'( !!!!!!) aaaaaaand it kinda descended into a jumbled mess of something....... This thing has been kinda figuratively killing me for days, but maybe some you y'alls will get a laugh out of it (is it even funny? I just can't tell anymore.... HAH,BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!)

Anyway, hopefully nobody's major insulted by the way their ssssona was depicted. It's under a spoiler because it's just SO FREAKING LONG! (Long story short, Fimby decides to try weaponise bloptroll and team 2 decide to head over to a quieter place - team 3 base. Everyone gets along swimmingly then fimby + bloptroll arrive and chaos ensues. Sofie is not having a good day back at the communications office)

Ha, that not OCC at all actually! I play damage control all the time. Except when I am the damage that needs control.

I have a drawing showing Alexis with a bit more character than I usually do (i swear he's more than a pretty face, guys! ), but I can't take a photo and that makes me sad.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3329 on: July 21, 2015, 11:50:18 PM »
Helloooo all! After Keeper drew some fashions of various 'sonas, I decided that I wanted to do that too, but alas, the only fashion book I had was period fashion, so I made do and drew some select looks from 1547 on :O

Under spoilers so the MASSIVE amount of pictures doesn't kill all y'all's wifi (there are 31 drawings total)

Spoiler: Adrai Thell and AuthorofLight • show

Things I will not draw: historically accurate codpieces, brocade, historically accurate brocade codpieces (examples of all of which were omitted from the above drawings)

Spoiler: Haiz and Karri • show

Haiz is mildly perturbed by the sheer quantity of clothing. Karri's hair was made for the Marie Antoinette era

Spoiler: Sigrid Marie and freddiethefantastic • show

I started to make myself draw out patterns here. Also, I saw the second dress and immediately went FREDDIE

Spoiler: Sigrid Marie and DancingRanger • show

It was hard thinking of somebody who wouldn't be swallowed by the dress on this page, but then I remembered that I could draw characters more than once, and of course Sigrid would rock it 8) Ranger got a little Emil there, but it's a pretty Emil outfit, so why not?

Spoiler: Antillanka and frenci • show

The lace and trim on these ones nearly killed me. I remembered Antillanka's OC always wanted to wear big ball gowns, so I chose the biggest and ball-est, and then the description for frenci's was "feline bow" and they described their OC as very cat-like and how could I pass that up

Spoiler: ruth and Sunflower • show

Ruth is very pleased and rocking it, Sunflower is a bit skeptical of suddenly having a waist the size of a donut. All those ridiculous corsets and crinolines aren't her style, I would imagine :0

Spoiler: Petronella and Karri • show

Petronella is a fisher, so naturally the bathing suit was only meant for her, and Karri's costume was too difficult for me to give up...

Spoiler: jesty and Trinka • show

jesty is cute enough to pull off this funky look, and when I saw the second supersleek design, I thought Trinka would work it with her adorable haircut :)

Spoiler: Piney and freddiethefantastic • show

Piney's dress was a fun experiment with drawing translucent fabric (the sleeves), and I'm sorry to say that Freddie's was just so beautiful and complex that sadly I couldn't do it justice :_) I hope it worked out well enough...

Spoiler: m-ew and KauniitaUnia • show

m-ew's OC is a very good personality fit for the roaring twenties and they wear the fashions so well :D Kauniita's look was very cool and graceful, so their elegant design immediately popped to mind when I saw it :0

Spoiler: ParanormalAndroid and Vafhudr • show

I'm not sure why but I have this feeling that Para would wear shorts as long as these. Vafhudr, sorry for putting you in that ridiculous lounging suit, but the model in the book was just so sillily clean-cut that I wanted to see how it would look on somebody with wilder hair (and personally I don't think it looks all that bad...)

Spoiler: ClairityKoi and Alethyria • show

ClairityKoi has a really fluttery and pretty drawing style, and this dress is very fluttery and pretty :0 It was very fun drawing your eyelashes. Alethryia's 'sona had such a clean-cut uniform design that I couldn't resist putting her in a more military outfit.

Spoiler: Quabus and Viisikielinenkantele • show

I haven't seen much of Quabus's OC but her sweet-looking design was a very good fit for this design (although to be honest I just wanted somebody with a braid. Gwenno, I was torn between you two as for who to draw, but I went with the person with less fanart in the end :X ) Vi's musical OC has some fantastic flowy hair that I wanted to pair with this look.

Spoiler: videovance and m-ew • show

video I'm so sorry for butchering your adorable OC ;___; He's so cute that I couldn't resist drawing him, but I'm afraid (like freddie's second dress) that I did him no justice... m-ew and Karri are wearing a complimentary duo of 60's-era minidresses, but without the coloring, it's less obvious.

Spoiler: Karri and callipygous • show

Here's the other minidress, with an 80s-era callipygous on the right. I love drawing Karna it's a problem

Spoiler: callipygous and guest appearances from m-ew, karri, and callipygous again • show

callipygous's memetastic ~~kawaii~~ OC was the only possible fit for Japanese Lolita fashion. If you're wondering about the color scheme, it's pink. All of it.
That's m-ew and Karri conspiring to keep the dresses in the middle sketch and then callipygous and Karri running off to burn down the town slay in their new outfits

The book I used for reference for all of these is this lovely compendium by the Smithsonian museum. If anybody needs a fun book about historical fashion I highly recommend it :0

Alright, back to lurking and finishing up art trades, I hope you all don't mind that I used your OCs v_v
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:56:01 PM by Curry »
YEET