Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841885 times)

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2745 on: June 29, 2015, 09:20:00 PM »
Haha, yep - working on both of them right now! <3
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2746 on: June 29, 2015, 10:20:07 PM »
RandomTexanReader Eeeee I'm so glad you like it!!! *blush*
And no need to hurry: a) I'm always ready to wait b) anyway the next ten days I'll be in the magic kingdom where is no internet at all. I have to wait :C
I don't know if you're gone already, but here she is!

Cat? What cat? I haven't seen any cat! Hahaha, you must be thinking of someone else, there is definitely not a cat in my mail bag... no, no, it's moving and meowing by itself, it does that, it's a very special bag.
(Apologies for the disjointedness in bits, my watercolor paper was too big and I had to cut it up to scan it, which was a little traumatizing, to be honest.)
Spoiler: Color-edited version • show

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 10:31:57 PM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

m-ew

• Super-Newbie
  • im rae!! talk to me about my ssssona :3c
« Reply #2747 on: June 30, 2015, 01:01:48 AM »
Name: Rune
Immunity: No
Nationality: Swedish
Area of Birth: Mora
Profession: Microbiologist
Languages: Swedish, Norwegian, and Icelandic

my ssssona rune!!! u can ignore most of the scribbley writing, its just info about them. ill probs type it all up at some point. they're a Microbiologist that studies the rash and is doing so on the expedition (group 3). karri gathers most of the samples for them because they are not immune.

(a close up)

their kitty snow!! shes grade b and came with rune. shes not too friendly to other people, and in fact is only friendly to rune when she feels like it. she catches vermin beasts and alerts everyone to danger.

i rly want them to make friends and interact, so talk to me if u think that could be possible with ur ssssona!!! im also hoping to maybe do a few art trades??? so hmu.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 01:15:29 AM by m-ew »
my tumblr
:usa:
:spain: (learning)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2748 on: June 30, 2015, 01:06:18 AM »

my ssssona rune!!! u can ignore most of the scribbley writing, its just info about them. ill probs type it all up at some point. they're a microbioligist that studies the rash and is doing so on the expedition (group 3). karri gathers most of the samples for them because they are not immune.

(a close up)

their kitty snow!! shes grade b and came with rune. shes not too friendly to other people, and in fact is only friendly to rune when she feels like it. she catches vermin beasts and alerts everyone to danger.

i rly want them to make friends and interact, so talk to me if u think that could be possible with ur ssssona!!! im also hoping to maybe do a few art trades??? so hmu.

YELL HEAH SCIENCE SQUAD
Of course I shall do an art trade with you, and they'll be pretty close on the expedition (they are, in fact, in group 3) so Karri will probably be working closely with them on the weekends.
YEET

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2749 on: June 30, 2015, 03:04:52 AM »
Okay sorry for doubleposting, but I have noticed a strange phenomenon that I find actually kind of hilarious? For some reason everybody is putting Karri/me in charge of me and the expeditions with Karri as the leader or something, but guys have you even seen Karri

Like, at all

I drew up some 5 minute comics to illustrate what they would be like as leader

YEET

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #2750 on: June 30, 2015, 03:22:02 AM »
"Lmao what"- Karri, Y... Ywhateveryearitis
Guys, you've made a mistake.

Rosepieces

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2751 on: June 30, 2015, 03:28:56 AM »
I don't know if you're gone already, but here she is!

Cat? What cat? I haven't seen any cat! Hahaha, you must be thinking of someone else, there is definitely not a cat in my mail bag... no, no, it's moving and meowing by itself, it does that, it's a very special bag.

Bosse does not approve! He needs to be able to poke his head out.

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #2752 on: June 30, 2015, 03:49:08 AM »

A fellow Swedish scientist! I hope Rune has a bit more common sense than my own self-insert Julian, who was last seen brewing up very nasty-sounding explosives derived from magical hair dye and making Karri and Kicknrun's Alexis rather nervous... That aside, I'm sure our ssssona's will find some common ground over how cool the Rash is.
Or perhaps not?

Okay sorry for doubleposting, but I have noticed a strange phenomenon that I find actually kind of hilarious? For some reason everybody is putting Karri/me in charge of me and the expeditions with Karri as the leader or something, but guys have you even seen Karri

I think that's probably because you started the expedition organisation thread. I guess you could be Team 2's unofficial leader, perhaps?
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2753 on: June 30, 2015, 05:47:35 AM »

Like, at all

Are those flannel dorm pants Karri is wearing in comic #1?  Sheesh, kids Cleansers these days. 
Also, loving the D: faces...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2754 on: June 30, 2015, 06:49:52 AM »

Like, at all

Do we have anybody with leadership qualities
If anybody here has leadership qualities please step up so we all don't die

aw yes hello science-y self-insert alexis is gonna adore them (more like annoy the heck out of them)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2755 on: June 30, 2015, 08:03:19 AM »
Arbet was, since he kinda ran a cleanser squad but A) he's not officially part of the expedition, B) leading a bunch of people in setting everything on fire is not difficult, and C) he's been alone for 3 years and has lost pretty much all social skills.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2756 on: June 30, 2015, 12:51:38 PM »
sdjsdfkjsd SO MUCH NICE ART EVERYWHERE

*crashes through wall* DID SOMEONE MENTION SECRET OF KELLS
this is super lovely and one of my absolute favourite styles ever, buuut since I'm both late and owner of maybe the most drawn self-insert I shall contain myself from asking to be drawn^^"

Curry: *gently takes leadership position away from you* wait what no I... I'm not a good leader. People have a tendency to appoint me leader of various group project thingies because they think I know what I'm doing, but... I'm really bad at being forceful and giving orders.
I think ruth has a leader-type insert, though??
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2757 on: June 30, 2015, 01:08:12 PM »
RTR: Marja's "trying-to-look-innocent" face and the little "mroow"... beautiful. I really like the colors, it looks like an old photo.

m-ew: Welcome to the expedition!! :D

Curry: I vote for keeping Curry as a leader, just so we can have more beautiful comics like this. I don't even care about everything being on fire.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2758 on: June 30, 2015, 01:10:06 PM »
Read most of the self-inserts. Ruth is literally the closest thing to a completely stable personality I've found. Most of the others are....just crazy......especially the guy with the shovel.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Fenris

« Reply #2759 on: June 30, 2015, 01:15:44 PM »
Do we have anybody with leadership qualities
If anybody here has leadership qualities please step up so we all don't die
I, for one, volunteer to hog all the best loot lead, and prevent me us from dying horribly, and to bring back all the booze, guns and gas valuable books and artifacts for the betterment of Norway mankind.