Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842442 times)

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2460 on: June 20, 2015, 09:00:10 AM »
Welcome to the club! We are all in exactly the same situation. There is even an image that describes this.

Also I like your art, very mysterious. And are you new? We have squirrel cookies for you! :)

i already like your 'sona. Metal things are my jam, dang.
Anyways, welcome to the forum and the crew! :D

Welcome, Fauna! I like your drawing, she looks really mysterious and prepared-for-anything.
Also, we have another Maja, so I vote we stage an xkcd bracket-style showdown. ;)
In all seriousness, there are 4 people with my name in my French class, and three or four others in the school. (Of course, there're also 2 Sam Ls and 2 Allison Ks in that French class, so who knows)

Fauna, you're absolutely new so welcome (!) but your art style is amazing!
I'm jealous (again) of yet another person on this thread.

Omg Fauna, Maja sounds awesome! x3

I like the art style, it's sinister. And the notion of a death metal tribe is ... well, interesting.

Hey all :) I'm a bit taken by surprise by how quickly these forums move, so late reply xD But thank you!

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2461 on: June 20, 2015, 09:09:16 AM »
"Ok, I need to kill time. I'll just draw something plotless and pointless."

"... um, well... hello, Haiz?"

Actually I don't know for what I did this. But it's still plotless and pointless. I'm so sorry, Haiz.

EEEEEEHEHEEEE
WHY WOULD YOU BE SORRY I LOVE IT
and blorptrolls meek "eep" at the end there omg
.. ACTUALLY this is the first time I find blorptroll cute, drawn in your style? HOW DARE YOU WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Piney, Unlos and Solokov, those are some really good-looking art trades!!!
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2462 on: June 20, 2015, 09:10:50 AM »
YOU'RE WELCOME ;D I have to admit that if I know what someone looks like, it ends up influencing my drawings. I'd be extremely flattered if you used my drawing as an avatar, but it'll be weird not seeing you as Iceland. :D also I just now realized that I didn't give her eyebrows... oh well. They're under the bangs.

...And Ana cannot control me! Peh! I was going to go to bed earlier if I'd been done with the drawing! Heck, I'm going to bed now!

Taadaaa! New avatar! And it's still sort of Iceland, just with different hair colour and slightly less male ;) Thank you again!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2463 on: June 20, 2015, 09:12:24 AM »
"Ok, I need to kill time. I'll just draw something plotless and pointless."

"... um, well... hello, Haiz?"

Actually I don't know for what I did this. But it's still plotless and pointless. I'm so sorry, Haiz.

Also, Unlos, it looks really good! I like the color of the dress (and now I'm going to reread some Pratchett's books, thanks :D )

Genius cartoon, and thanks!

I.. made a recording of what Blorp sounds like in my head. May the source of the sound never find out forgive me ..

EDIT: My reply was ninja'd by Haiz. Thank you! (thrives on feedback)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 09:14:33 AM by Unlos »

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #2464 on: June 20, 2015, 09:16:29 AM »
I.. made a recording of what Blorp sounds like in my head. May the source of the sound never find out forgive me ..

that is PROBABLY PRETTY ACCURATE
I say 'probably' because I have no clear canon on what it actually does sound like. It's both like this and like squeaky frogs and screaming robots and just a lot of awful high-pitched sounds

EDIT:
gosh dangit i'm almost tempted to change my avatar into one of the blorps

WHY IS IT SO CUTE???

EDIT2: I'M STUFFING IT INTO MY SIGNATURE IF THAT'S OKAY
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 09:28:34 AM by Haiz »

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2465 on: June 20, 2015, 10:57:53 AM »

I love Marja so much.
And I love your style more it's so awesome and clean and cute and I love it so much do you illustrate or something because I cannot get enough of your work.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Fenris

« Reply #2466 on: June 20, 2015, 10:59:43 AM »

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #2467 on: June 20, 2015, 11:11:03 AM »

... daemittens. I hear they're the latest rage in Paris in Y90.
(Of course, the denizens of Y90 Paris don't tend to have much of a problem with having their arms gnawed on ...)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #2468 on: June 20, 2015, 11:41:28 AM »
Art-Trade with Keeper:

I'm having loads of fun width shadowing, and have tried to use some of the tips from this amazing guys excellent tutorials. Keeper Madelines dress ended up green instead of black due to heavy influence of Lord Vetinaris thoughts on camouflage.
Oh gosh I love it! I actually really like the green dress, I'm sure she brought several outfits with her. Working on my side of the trade today! :)
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2469 on: June 20, 2015, 11:47:08 AM »
... daemittens. I hear they're the latest rage in Paris in Y90.
(Of course, the denizens of Y90 Paris don't tend to have much of a problem with having their arms gnawed on ...)

You should try it some time. They're quite warm.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2470 on: June 20, 2015, 11:59:10 AM »
Alexis casts magic missile!

wow, drawing this took forever. and maybe when i stop relying on traditional bases, maybe it will look a little different. ( i am beginning to hate the skirt. it mucks up movement alot.)

and heres the alexis without the fire thingy

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #2471 on: June 20, 2015, 12:00:55 PM »
Khali's preview.

Um...I literally have no idea on what kind of background to put in there, well I do have an idea but it's basically the tracks and side to one of the armored vehicles. Also do you have any particular pattern you want for the magic spell you're concentrating on?

Oh my goodness it's awesome;D There's no specific pattern I was thinking of but swirls are always a good thing. I can't wait to see it finished!
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2472 on: June 20, 2015, 12:50:24 PM »
So cute!  I love the sort of Northern Lights effect of Viola's rune-spell.  I also really like her handsome, practical Icelandic sweater, with the shoulder patches and handwarmer pockets.

The bonus SATW Iceland portrait is just Made of Win.

Thank you! All outfit credit goes to Viola :)

Piney: Iceland Viola is perfect. Mage Viola is great too, I like the effects you've used to create a kind of television snowstorm from unspeakable depths.

Thank you too! "Northern lights", "TV snowstorm" - I like these descriptions I'm getting :D
.....I was just trying to make it glowy and avoid a white background.

Taadaaa! New avatar! And it's still sort of Iceland, just with different hair colour and slightly less male ;) Thank you again!

*is super flattered*
I remember you saying a while ago how you kind of looked like your avatar. Now that's even more accurate...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #2473 on: June 20, 2015, 12:53:40 PM »
Lol just finished getting caught up with all the newest posts in this thread
Have I mentioned how much I love you people? Coz it'll probably be said a couple thousand more times xD

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #2474 on: June 20, 2015, 02:15:05 PM »
I love Marja so much.
I'm not gonna argue on the awesomeness of Marja, but I thiiink it might be Haiz? in one of these outfits. Probably hard to recognize without the glasses and COLOURS EVERYWHERE ahaha ha

................ WELL i can't argue with this

I think the skirt looks good! but it does limit what you can see of the legs, yeah... maybe I'm biased when it comes to lots and lots of bright colours

oh and I'm working on the art-trade with Laufey, who drew my magesona as a tarot card (SQUEE)
so I'm drawing her Y0 magesona before the rash transformed her... completely.