Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841769 times)

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1935 on: June 06, 2015, 03:49:23 PM »
Haiz.ft- the better version

The first picture is done over in marker, and the second is in colored pencil. I was just really unhappy with how the digital version came out, so here.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1936 on: June 06, 2015, 03:55:11 PM »
It's National Day in Sweden, so

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #1937 on: June 06, 2015, 03:57:36 PM »
I'm happy to join! Thank you so much aaaaa hh <3 ;v; I like my hair, too, if I don't sound too arrogant saying so.

//holds hand up for fist-bump// let's hear it for awesome hair! o 3o

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #1938 on: June 06, 2015, 04:07:23 PM »
I'd been planning on doing this for a while, and finally free time happened ^_^ There are so many cool ssssonas on the info dump and so many of them don't get draws it made me a bit sad, so yeah lotsa actual effort to set it right!

IT'S ME
I'M CUTE
aaaaaaa this is amazing! ^.^
:3 I'm glad you're happy with her, and it would be pretty difficult to draw her without making her look cute tbh :P

Whoaaa this is so impressive, you really drew everyone. I'm very happy that Lauftroll has several dinner options one accordion sound away!
Thank you ^_^ and yep, I sure hope I managed everyone anyway! Now stop threatening to eat all the ssssonas blasted music troll! *picks up nearest object to start troll hunting…. is a pillow - oops, shuffles away*

Wow, that's a lot of people :o Thank you for drawing me :D
Haha, yours was one of the unlucky start ones who didn't get an exciting pose, but I'm glad you're happy with her anyway

Whoa Gwenno, you drew everybody and full-bodied too, whoa! *respect*
I need to step up my game...
*fistbumps in totally cool response to "respect"…. cuz that's what all the cool kids do, and I'm defo one of the cool kids…*
As for upping your game, I've finished all my uni work, and now only work part time meaning for the first time in forever PLENTY of free time :P It's way easier to do things like this when that's the case!

:O GWENNO THAT IS SO IMPRESSIVE AND ALSO AMAZING!!! I'm speechless and Karri is so on point, help me :__)
Haha, I had so much practice of drawing Karri from the art trade I didn't even need the slide to reference - that was one of the reject poses for the trade so i'm glad it got used properly!

i think I mentioned (super briefly) that I've been helping my friend BreezeLouise with her self-insert
we got most of the important stuff down, and sometimes yesterday morning I finally started to doodle/sketch something out
she's in the American military as a Scout/Cartographer, and this is just a little thing of the two of us teaming up and getting lost together xD

its a work-in-progress but I should be able to refine this...eventually, and I'm hoping to do more of her soon :)

Gwenno I just realized that one of those people you drew had a cat (it's harder to see since I usually use my phone to get on the forum @ A@) then I realized it was me then I squealed so loudly my sister actually looked away from her Dota game to glare at me incredulously
It's so cute! //flails//
Haha I'm so glad you liked it ^_^ , practice sketches for the art trade apparently (actually that was a few days ago, so pre art trade so meh…). Think I'll need to up my cat-drawing game however :P
Your friend's ssssona looks like they'll be really interesting once they're done as well (okay, well they seem interesting already, but early days and I'm sure the more we see the more we cement the opinion)
*GASP* That is amazing Gweno!!! Thankyousomuch! I love the epic pose you drew of Alice! (I hope she's not aiming at anything living o.o)
And now I will draw you!  ;D
Thank you!!! I'm glad you like it and that you posted the picture in time for me to draw her ^_^ Pretty sure it's just target practice, and definitely not aiming at poor Kex!!!! No siree! Aaaaah, drawzzzzz  ;D I really like your style so I'd be excited to see it
Gwenno... thanks to you, I now need to surgically reattach my jaw.
WOW. That's amazing! And you made me look good! And I've been staring at this for a long time, capturing little details and events!
Seriously, you (and everyone here, really) are (is) amazing!
Are you suuuure you're not a troll? I hear jaw dropping can be a very common problem.. Your ssssona was pretty detailed to start with so I tried to capture them all as best as possible ^_^ Glad it made you happy
Gwenno that is so impressive! It's amazing you got everybody's, even mine when it's so new! And I love all the poses!
Thank you  :) I almost felt bad hiding all your pretty clothes under the cloak, but you were the last ssssona to draw and because I'm a lazy little thing I decided to just use the remaining space on the page which meant lying down… ah well, I'm glad you like it!

I think it could help if I write a little presentation and/or try to draw me again, I quite understand nobody would re-read all to find some informations here and there.
Thanks Gwenno ! It's funny you draw me one more time, guess what I have done (in french) during my five hours in a train today ? :D
And congratulations for drawing all of us here !
Haha, it felt a bit bad only doing pencil sketch after the big one because I was like "nooooooo, Von need the dreamworld and monsters and things", but ah well, at least she got another draw ^_^
Also *eeeeeeekkkkk* Is it the story?!? I'm so so excited to see that ;D

Gwenno - Wow, you actually drew everyone. I am in awe. I (along with everyone else of course) look so good! Thank youuuuu
Aaaaaw, I'm glad you like it :) I couldn't find any pictures showing your ssssona's outfit for the legs and feet so just went with generic boots and trousers, I'm happy you think it looks good ^_^

You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1939 on: June 06, 2015, 04:11:44 PM »

*Ppppphhht* That's pretty damned funny, especially compared with the whole Norway fuss :P

Haiz.ft- the better version

The first picture is done over in marker, and the second is in colored pencil. I was just really unhappy with how the digital version came out, so here.
Ah I like these versions a lot better than the digital one ^_^ You're obviously more comfortable working there and the colours look pretty spot on!

Roleplay doc

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1940 on: June 06, 2015, 04:17:08 PM »

holy wow that was QUICK (says I, the lightning sketcher)!! but wow I look awesome and THANK YOU SO MUCH i love it!! also wow several versions O: O: O:

it takes a time to get used to digital art, yeah... I'm still more comfortable fusing digital art with a traditional base.

hOLy WOw it's me again.
along with everyone else
in fullbody dynamic poses
and my pose is 120% in character
I'm taking of all my hats to you. all of them

(sorry for commenting right after you did a whole thank-you post, hahahaha)

koalalou: big welcome to breezelouise's insert!!! have fun in viking-land you two, hahahaa

Piney: is it? hahaha I didn't know. WHOO

and yeah there are few countries who can compete with Norway when it comes to making a fuss about national days
you'll know where to find me.

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #1941 on: June 06, 2015, 04:19:36 PM »
I'm happy to join! Thank you so much aaaaa hh <3 ;v; I like my hair, too, if I don't sound too arrogant saying so.

Of course you don't sound arrogant! If you know you look great, what's the harm in saying so? :P

Aaaaaw, I'm glad you like it :) I couldn't find any pictures showing your ssssona's outfit for the legs and feet so just went with generic boots and trousers, I'm happy you think it looks good ^_^

Ahhhh yeahh... that might be because I sorta struggle with drawing legs. I'm working on it, I promise. Don't worry about the boots and stuff, they fit in well with the outfit!

Grattis på nationaldagen, Sverige!
did I get that right? Please tell me I got that right...
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1942 on: June 06, 2015, 04:23:57 PM »
If I were to supposedly draw all the Swedish self-inserts doing a parade thingy,what would they be doing?

Also,heights? Yeah.

(_I kinda have a sketch with me and aqua being very patriotic, mith looking very unimpressed, and frenci waving a Italian and Swedish flag and hoping nobody notices the Italian one.)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 04:34:30 PM by KicknRun »

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1943 on: June 06, 2015, 04:26:44 PM »
Had something of a crazy moment and decided to do the thing - how hard can it be right?
Anyway, finally finished and I hope people like how they were drawn  ;D It's sorta in alphabetical order except for the new people who just got placed wherever I was at the time, and Melusine who doesn't have a slide in the info dump yet so ended up at the end :(

Poses got better and more creative as it went along so sorry to the people at the start of the alphabet. Also sorry to the people who were drawn while I was binge-listening to eurovision music, erm, those ones turned out a bit weird…..

You drew me! Wow! I feel so honoured to be drawn by someone. You have made my day, thank you so much! :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1944 on: June 06, 2015, 04:31:57 PM »
Also *eeeeeeekkkkk* Is it the story?!? I'm so so excited to see that ;D
What can I do in a train ? Read ? Look by the window, dreaming ? Listen to music ? No, I know : WRITE with music :D So yes, I have a first version of a short story for you. Let me do some adjustments, a few hours to translate, find a beta-reader aaaaaaand... you'll see ;)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
« Reply #1945 on: June 06, 2015, 04:39:02 PM »
//holds hand up for fist-bump// let's hear it for awesome hair! o 3o
i love hair. hair is so cool. you can do so much stuff with hair. both in colour and shape

Of course you don't sound arrogant! If you know you look great, what's the harm in saying so? :P
I guess I'm just used to people thinking it's weird when you flatter yourself ::)
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #1946 on: June 06, 2015, 04:39:46 PM »
*Ppppphhht* That's pretty damned funny, especially compared with the whole Norway fuss :P
Piney: is it? hahaha I didn't know. WHOO

Haha, I actually didn't remember but I knew it was sometime in June, and then Curry mentioned drawing the 'sonas grouped by nationality or something, which reminded me to look up when Swedish National Day is , and I was like "...Oh, it's today."

Grattis på nationaldagen, Sverige!
did I get that right? Please tell me I got that right...

\o/
(I have no idea if that's right but I understand the sentiment!)

Also,heights? Yeah.

I'm ~5'2".

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1947 on: June 06, 2015, 04:45:32 PM »
holy wow that was QUICK (says I, the lightning sketcher)!! but wow I look awesome and THANK YOU SO MUCH i love it!! also wow several versions O: O: O:

it takes a time to get used to digital art, yeah... I'm still more comfortable fusing digital art with a traditional base.
hOLy WOw it's me again.
along with everyone else
in fullbody dynamic poses
and my pose is 120% in character
I'm taking of all my hats to you. all of them

(sorry for commenting right after you did a whole thank-you post, hahahaha)
Nuuuuu, what have you done - forcing me to produce another thank you comment >:( *makes very terrifying "grrrrrr" sound*
Seriously though thank you ^_^ I'm happy you like the pose and the draw and it was such fun to do! I may keep one or two of the hats, you seem like you'd have excellent headwear style :P
You drew me! Wow! I feel so honoured to be drawn by someone. You have made my day, thank you so much! :)
Of course I drew you ^_^ You are part of our amazing self insert silent world exploring crew now and as such deserve all the fun that come along with it :P I'm really glad it made you so happy :3 (when I make people happy it makes me happy too so technically this was a very selfish thing to do :P )

What can I do in a train ? Read ? Look by the window, dreaming ? Listen to music ? No, I know : WRITE with music :D So yes, I have a first version of a short story for you. Let me do some adjustments, a few hours to translate, find a beta-reader aaaaaaand... you'll see ;)
Well I am VERY excited to see how this turns out ^_^ and yeah, trains are actually the best places to be productive. I have instances where I manage a week's worth of coursework in a long train journey day just because they somehow make productivity happen? I think trains may be magic…….

Roleplay doc

BreezeLouise

« Reply #1948 on: June 06, 2015, 06:06:40 PM »
hey all, just wanted to post this real quick--

i think I mentioned (super briefly) that I've been helping my friend BreezeLouise with her self-insert
we got most of the important stuff down, and sometimes yesterday morning I finally started to doodle/sketch something out
she's in the American military as a Scout/Cartographer, and this is just a little thing of the two of us teaming up and getting lost together xD

its a work-in-progress but I should be able to refine this...eventually, and I'm hoping to do more of her soon :)

You already know my thoughts on this. There aren't enough "eeeee"s in the world to properly convey how much amazing is contained within these 774x1032 pixels.

(My guess is that we were supposed to be heading towards a sandy beach but somehow found ourselves sitting on a pile of rocks)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 06:53:51 PM by BreezeLouise »
Life is a state of mind.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1949 on: June 06, 2015, 06:39:20 PM »
Well, missing all is my new Job then 8)
Anyways,

1. welcome to the new members of the crew! ^w^
2. More awesome drawings, yessss
3. Happy national day to all swedish persons! I forgot to do a drawing for Denmark's day and Sweden's day. How awesome.
4. Gwenno, Thank you so much for drawing me! It's impossible to me to do everyone in full body like you :0
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_