Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842589 times)

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1455 on: May 16, 2015, 10:33:23 PM »
got the scanner to work!

I also may have sorted out the internet issue for after I move tomorrow.

Woot! Awesome, my war with technology ends with me loseing.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1456 on: May 17, 2015, 02:41:58 AM »
OOOOKAY I'M REALLY LATE BUT a little while back, Haiz posted some really adorable draws of the SSSSonas with the hair ze liked to draw the much, and I made a list of my favorite SSSSonas to draw in general and I have been working  on these for days ;_; just consider this as a thank you for making really cute designs although I legitimately love every single one of you guys!

Here's the overview of you lovely people in no particular order. I highly recommend going through the detail shots right here because this picture is sooooo bad ahahaha

!!! I'm really glad that I dug deeper into the thread otherwise I would have forgotten to formally thank you for the cute portrait of my character!

Wow!Amazing!Stupendous! At this rate of mastering the learning curve you are going to be able to sell your work anywhere real soon.
As always the style is simply amazing and very inspiring.
Almond-Goddess: aaaaaaaa I love the way the colours and shadows turned out, and the effortless pose is so great

Eee, thank you!
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1457 on: May 17, 2015, 02:51:37 AM »
Hey guys! This is kind of inspired by Haiz's project to draw a group picture of all the Norwegian characters. Would you guys be up for doing a collaboration piece? Basically everyone contributes by drawing their respective characters, then a person compiles them together into a single picture, complete with fancy background and everything. I want to get a headcount of interested parties before I get too excited about this, haha.
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1458 on: May 17, 2015, 03:13:00 AM »
Hey guys! This is kind of inspired by Haiz's project to draw a group picture of all the Norwegian characters. Would you guys be up for doing a collaboration piece? Basically everyone contributes by drawing their respective characters, then a person compiles them together into a single picture, complete with fancy background and everything. I want to get a headcount of interested parties before I get too excited about this, haha.
I'M IN
I'm pretty much in by default
you'll know where to find me.

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1459 on: May 17, 2015, 03:27:15 AM »
I'm in! I can draw one or two more, if some of the self-declared non-drawers wants to get in as well.

(...) and to be honest, our resident troll has already displayed an interest in eating Karri and having someone pull them back seems like a good idea….
That's a nice picture of AquaAurion as well ^_^ I really like the shading, and I can see you've put a lot of effort into the face. Even if you aren't happy with it it looks pretty impressive!
I agree completely that this seems a sensible idea. And thank you :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 03:30:21 AM by Unlos »

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1460 on: May 17, 2015, 03:32:44 AM »
Those who commented on my piece, thank you so much! :)

Hey everyone! Just popping in and out of the thread to drop off an art trade. Mad Robin, here's a Marja for you.

I love the atmosphere in this piece! :)

AquaAurion: ohhh that's very nice!! Love the pose. And I get a very botticelli feel from the way you drew her face and hair

Thank you so much! :D It was completely unintentional, but it's an incredible compliment :D
Also, thank you for bestowing this glorious creation upon us!!

My part of the art trade with AquaAurion. More cooking! I drew and redrew your face so many times, still couldn't manage to make it look like you. After I had made the table, I realized I had forgotten where you where supposed to actually warm your food. So that is just outside the picture.
OOHH! Thank you so much! :D I think it looks good and not even I can make my drawings look like me, so there's no need to worry! ^w^ I can see how much effort you put into in and it makes me really happy! :D

This sounds like the most best thing ever! :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1461 on: May 17, 2015, 03:57:22 AM »
I'm in! I can draw one or two more, if some of the self-declared non-drawers wants to get in as well.
I am vain and enjoy seeing pictures of myself.  (Especially because y'all are better for improving my looks than expensive face creams containing alpha-hydroxy-acids.)  Might I humbly request...?

Sara likes long fluttery scarves and shawls and such.  She doesn't wear rings or bracelets (they clink annoyingly against typewriter keys) but brooches, necklaces, hairclips, and other twinkly things might show up. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1462 on: May 17, 2015, 04:57:14 AM »

This is a brilliant idea and I'm definitely in!  :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1463 on: May 17, 2015, 05:06:18 AM »

Sounds like a cool idea, but whether I can participate depends on the deadline.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1464 on: May 17, 2015, 05:46:02 AM »
I would love to take part in such a projet :)
It seems I can draw just a little bit, but I would have to find a scan somewhere...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1465 on: May 17, 2015, 06:01:33 AM »
HAPPY NORWAY DAY EVERYONE

from left to right:
Freddiethefantastic; Curry; YOURS TRULY; Elrew; Fimbulvarg/waffle; Laufey; Ruth; Sigrid Marie; Kex; Unlos; Cheesecake; Fenris; Gwenno
(those are all the norwegian 'sonas I know of, I really hope I didn't leave out anyone!)

- I refuse to participate in the parade if I don't get to carry the banner. I don't care that I'm the shortest and physically weakest, give it to me
- Sorry if any proportions/heights got wrong!!! I've never drawn a crowd scene such as this before O: O: O:
- "Ja, vi elsker dette landet" are the first lyrics in our national anthem, they translate to "yes, we love this country" and the following lyrics are all about what a miserable rocky clump of land we live on and how beautiful that is.

DETAIL SHOTS:
Spoiler: show

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:03:26 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1466 on: May 17, 2015, 06:15:42 AM »
HAPPY NORWAY DAY EVERYONE

from left to right:
Freddiethefantastic; Curry; YOURS TRULY; Elrew; Fimbulvarg/waffle; Laufey; Ruth; Sigrid Marie; Kex; Unlos; Cheesecake; Fenris; Gwenno
(those are all the norwegian 'sonas I know of, I really hope I didn't leave out anyone!)

- I refuse to participate in the parade if I don't get to carry the banner. I don't care that I'm the shortest and physically weakest, give it to me
- Sorry if any proportions/heights got wrong!!! I've never drawn a crowd scene such as this before O: O: O:
- "Ja, vi elsker dette landet" are the first lyrics in our national anthem, they translate to "yes, we love this country" and the following lyrics are all about what a miserable rocky clump of land we live on and how beautiful that is.

DETAIL SHOTS:

Oh my lord Haiz this is beautiful! <:0! That blart made me laugh like crazy
Also, happy Norway day to you too and all! ^w^
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1467 on: May 17, 2015, 06:23:18 AM »

from left to right:

DETAIL SHOTS:

Woo, happy day! I love love the accordion troll, that is just perfect (the rest is perfect too, but accordion troll has gotten a special place in my heart! I also like the flag on the apple picker ;-)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1468 on: May 17, 2015, 06:37:28 AM »

BWAAAHAHAHAAA THIS IS BRILLIANT (I'm secretly really really happy that there's even a blart in there)! XD Happy Norway Day to all of you Norwegians here, gleðileg hátíð og svo framvegis! *furious accordion solo*

Also a good guess on Laufey-troll's butt-end, it really does not have hind legs. It's just a snek.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1469 on: May 17, 2015, 06:42:52 AM »
It's perfect, Haiz, with a special mention to the accordion troll ;D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: