Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842541 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #225 on: March 29, 2015, 06:49:58 AM »
OH GOSH SO MANY RESPONSES
blanket thank you for all your compliments!!! I'm so happy you like it!!!!
I wanna apologize for some people ending up a little on the sidelines or in the ~*Dark Corner*~ or for getting a bit wonky from the inking - what was I thinking, using my sharpest nib on the ridiculously thin paper? Also my internet was out of whack so I hope I didn't miss someone whose picture didn't load properly!! I could hardly search up reference pics for Sunflower's typewriter (which I didn't even need, the way I drew it......)

Curry: yeeeeep there are 2526 of us now, counting the accordion troll and Sunflower who is now also an official self insert. ALSO WOW YOUR DRAWINGS ARE CUTE eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
and I admire your dedication to drawing detailed eyes even behind glasses

Wavewright62: aahhhahah perfect!! I love your creative choice of profession

Lenny: ahahahah I wanted to apologize for making you only a hair blob, but there wasn't a lot of material to got after!! I gave you a hand (it's a hand) as compensation. I'm glad you like it anyway!!

BarbaryLion22: thank you!!! I really hope I got everyone's personality right!! and i do so love to imitate the SSSSsona reality

Solokov: ahahah I'm sorry mine is a little messed up I'm glad you like it anyway!!

Gwenno: First of all thank you!!! and eeeeee yes, wales!! I don't think we'll be staying in Cardiff, I haven't checked yet, but my mom is all eXpLORE EvERYThInG and we don't usually stay in big cities for long. I'm gonna keep your language tip in mind!! The welsh language is ridiculous and beautiful. ALso I know that when we visited the baltic countries, we got a lot more service and help when mom spoke Russian than if we tried English, so that's definitely a thing
edit: .......they don't actually like russian in the baltic countries. they just didnt understand english. woops
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 02:14:28 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #226 on: March 29, 2015, 07:54:19 AM »
Solokov: ahahah I'm sorry mine is a little messed up I'm glad you like it anyway!!

Not a problem, it was my fault for posting a WIP....Also I apparently didn't learn my lesson because here's another one. I've been raging at 2004 mx fireworks because every now and then it'll internal error and lock up... as a result I've been compulsively saving.

I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #227 on: March 29, 2015, 08:26:25 AM »
Oh wow so much has happened here since I last checked this thread. Curry and Haiz, your drawings of everyone are both awesome and I love them!

I feel so inspired now! I think I'm going to try to draw something for this during next week. Yep, definitely.

Maybe me and Ruth, since we agreed that our characters would be the best of friends :3

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #228 on: March 29, 2015, 10:17:12 AM »
These group portraits are so great!
I'm almost done... just need to color it... and decide what colors to actually color it... and find a time to even color it in... and then I need to decide on the stats...

So yeah! Almost done!

Oliga

« Reply #229 on: March 29, 2015, 10:20:08 AM »

Wow, so awesome O/////O
Probably I'll draw all of you too.. You're all such a cuties

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #230 on: March 29, 2015, 11:35:14 AM »

You guys, such talent! There's so much personality in these. Puts the forum in a much more vibrant light.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #231 on: March 29, 2015, 01:16:40 PM »
dkjhsdfjsdfdsj I feel so appreciated what am i going to do with all these emotions

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #232 on: March 29, 2015, 07:51:06 PM »
Gwenno: First of all thank you!!! and eeeeee yes, wales!! I don't think we'll be staying in Cardiff, I haven't checked yet, but my mom is all eXpLORE EvERYThInG and we don't usually stay in big cities for long. I'm gonna keep your language tip in mind!! The welsh language is ridiculous and beautiful. ALso I know that when we visited the baltic countries, we got a lot more service and help when mom spoke Russian than if we tried English, so that's definitely a thing

I'm so sorry, I just got too excited about you going to Wales (and also maybe bored because I have actual work I should be doing instead -oops  :-\ ) so here is my ssssona teaching you some of the most important Welsh you'll need (namely, "Good morning! Can I have an ice-cream please" ), while sitting on top of one of the nicer castles near where I live ^_^

I don't have access to a scanner now, but photo sorta works I guess, although it seems to have distorted it a tad.... Heheh, I'm also not too fab at drawing quickly so please excuse that, but if I'd wait until I actually had time to draw something acceptable you'd probably be back from your holiday already and you wouldn't know how to ask for ice-cream *gasp*

aaaanyway:
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #233 on: March 29, 2015, 07:57:36 PM »
I'm so sorry, I just got too excited about you going to Wales (and also maybe bored because I have actual work I should be doing instead -oops  :-\ ) so here is my ssssona teaching you some of the most important Welsh you'll need (namely, "Good morning! Can I have an ice-cream please" ), while sitting on top of one of the nicer castles near where I live ^_^

I don't have access to a scanner now, but photo sorta works I guess, although it seems to have distorted it a tad.... Heheh, I'm also not too fab at drawing quickly so please excuse that, but if I'd wait until I actually had time to draw something acceptable you'd probably be back from your holiday already and you wouldn't know how to ask for ice-cream *gasp*

aaaanyway:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is so sweet I
i. wow
thank you so much
both for drawing me and teaching me welsh omg

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #234 on: March 29, 2015, 08:04:18 PM »
hhhhhhh guys so much has happened here while I was gone! And it's all SO PERFECT!
Haiz and Curry, HOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW?? So pretty!!! *Tuuri-sparkles*
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #235 on: March 29, 2015, 08:10:17 PM »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is so sweet I
i. wow
thank you so much
both for drawing me and teaching me welsh omg

Haha, well I hope you manage to make good use of it :P Have fun in Wales and be nice to the dragons if you see any!
Your SSSSona is mega fun to draw btw ^_^
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Cheesecake

• Don't think I didn't see what you did there
« Reply #236 on: March 29, 2015, 11:55:24 PM »
Those group drawings are so cuuute! And... Oh my god is that me?! I am adorable. *o*

And I was thinking because there are so many of us now, we could have some people be the TrondTaruTorbjornSiv to our team's SigEmiLalTuuReyMik. Like Sunflower or people that have jobs that require them to not run off into the Silent World with a band of (lovable) fools. ;D

And here's some more of my SSSSona
Learning-ish: :spain:
Want to learn: :germany: :sweden:
"Survived"
:book1+:
:chap6: :chap7:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #237 on: March 30, 2015, 01:18:17 AM »
Final version of Strelokov... well for now.

Yes I was inspired to give him a mask because in other peoples work it looks better... also when I did the beard it made him look like homer simpson.

Coats based off a camo coat I've been working on for about... three years. random cloth base with burlap over it and then patches of burlap dyed and stained and roughed up to look more natural and break up the humanoid shape.. Kinda ghillieish but not really a ghillie suit.

Yes those are runes in the suppressor that are uninspired and spell out "silence"... if I ever decide to be arsed enough to go through the process ( buy it, register it with a government agency, hope and pray to the god emperor of mankind that they deign to not reject your application because a q looks like a 4 or something equally silly, and then pay a 200 dollar tax on it and that's only if the local state allows it) I indent to have it laser engraved with the same runes wrapping around in a repeating spiral pattern which I'll then fill with thermochromatic paint...Personally I think it would look wicked sweet as it warmed and cooled while firing, going from a flat black to various colors.

Seriously that's one of the major things I like about most european countires, is that suppressors/silencers/whathave you are considered basic safety equipment and you can go down to the corner store and just buy one with not hassle beyond paying for it..and before I run my mouth of this is where I'm gonna end my social commentary.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:22:13 AM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Oliga

« Reply #238 on: March 30, 2015, 04:40:33 AM »
Well, I threatened you start drawing portraits, and I began to draw portraits...
Koalalou and Haiz, you are an first victims  ;)

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #239 on: March 30, 2015, 04:46:49 AM »
aaaaaaaaaargh soooo pretty! Howwwww?
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05: