Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2478056 times)

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #1470 on: March 17, 2015, 07:30:50 PM »
I was wondering (I was going to scour every page of this thread, but realized asking might be a better bet) are rough sketches of self-insertness welcome here? Or is this specifically for fanart of the characters in the comics themselves and such?
Just got back from a coffee-run where I did a REALLY rough sketch and I kinda wanted to share it since it's the first thing I've really been motivated to draw in a while, but I wasn't sure if it would be okay to post it in this thread, or if there was a better one :\

This thread is for any SSSS related art (unless it's memes and fanfiction, there are separate boards for those - and if we finally get more cosplayers here, it might be viable to create a thread for that, too, rather than merging it with this one as is current practise). So, self-insertness is absolutely fine, as long as it's in the SSSS universe.

If you've got art that's got nothing to do with SSSS at all, there's a thread in the General Discussion Board for that.

If you've got art that's related to aRTD, there's a thread in the aRTD Board for that.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #1471 on: March 17, 2015, 07:37:39 PM »
I was wondering (I was going to scour every page of this thread, but realized asking might be a better bet) are rough sketches of self-insertness welcome here? Or is this specifically for fanart of the characters in the comics themselves and such?

Well, I was going to say all that, but Lenny beat me to it. Even though I have no say in the matter, I think self-inserts fit in fine. ;)

Love your sketch, btw. The hairstyle suits the feel of the comic, oddly enough. What with Tuuri cropping everything but her bangs, your hairstyle might be considered normal in their society.  :D And that kitty is totally adorable.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #1472 on: March 17, 2015, 07:40:02 PM »
YES YES YES i'm so happyyyy thank you for drawing this

XD haha...Love that Tuuri face. You're welcome. I'm glad you like it so much. I assume you're a big Emil fan?
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1473 on: March 17, 2015, 07:40:36 PM »
This thread is for any SSSS related art (unless it's memes and fanfiction, there are separate boards for those - and if we finally get more cosplayers here, it might be viable to create a thread for that, too). ...  So, self-insertness is absolutely fine, as long as it's in the SSSS universe.

Exactly what I would have said, except...
We have a cosplay thread!  http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=339.0

(Yes, after I created it Forum-Thor brandished his banhammer in my general direction, and I promised not to keep randomly splitting threads.  But by then I had already "curated" some really cool earlier posts into the new Cosplay thread, which is now a fait accompli...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1474 on: March 17, 2015, 07:46:41 PM »
This thread is for any SSSS related art (unless it's memes and fanfiction, there are separate boards for those - and if we finally get more cosplayers here, it might be viable to create a thread for that, too, rather than merging it with this one as is current practise). So, self-insertness is absolutely fine, as long as it's in the SSSS universe.
Not just memes I might add, but any edited material based on the original comic, meme or not.

Perhaps you could add all this to the first post of this thread as the thread creator, in case anyone else comes looking.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 07:49:09 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1475 on: March 17, 2015, 07:52:08 PM »
XD haha...Love that Tuuri face. You're welcome. I'm glad you like it so much. I assume you're a big Emil fan?

I like emil pretty okay but the thing is. I love pokémon crossovers with the force of a thousand burning suns. (also I kinda started the pokemon discussion in the crossover thread and have been planning to draw emil with a ninetales but yours is so good)
my reaction to the Espeon trainer Lalli was similar because. gosh. pokémon crossoverssss

Uhm...so, yeah. Anyways--so the sketch is SUPER rough, and I plan to refine it quite a bit, but behold myself as a scout, accompanied by my faithful Jabberwocky! It's been a while since I've drawn anything, and the first time I've drawn my current hairstyle, so my hand was a bit shaky...but yeah. :)
Picture taken with my phone since my scanner isn't working, so sorry if the quality kinda sucks :(

aaa you look awesome!!
I'm not saying you should team up with mage me from some pages back but you should totally team up with mage me

okay NOw im going to bed for reals
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1476 on: March 17, 2015, 08:03:05 PM »
Mikkel stole my heart. Again.
This gothic font for Braidy seems just impossible. You must have used some kind of ancient magic to cope with it :P
I've been doing dumb gothic fonts forever so ehe I guess I'm used to it? it takes longer than normal handwriting and i have to draw out straight lines to keep everything on the same plane but apart from that it's really fun B)
thEY'rE ALl SO CUTE
I wanna. squish tuuri's cheeks. can I
mikkel making faces is so bizarre (EMIL IS THIS YOUR DOING)
SQUISH ALL THE TUURI CHEEKS (and i realized later that it actually was. good job emil you messed stuff up, again)
Also, Curry, I love what you did with Mikkel! I was shocked to see him making so many expressions. XD You drew him quite handsomely.
Thank you! I have a habit of drawing everybody and everything as incredibly photogenic and gorgeous. Personally, I'm not complaining, because that just gives me more pretty headcanons.

Also, two whole new pages while I take a shower? Was this thread always so fast?? I love it even though it's really hard to keep up with! So much good art and I can't even respond fully!

And Sumeri, that Sigrun is stunning!!! (I was actually looking forward to seeing her face in your style this makes me so happy)
YEET

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
« Reply #1477 on: March 17, 2015, 08:08:40 PM »
Exactly what I would have said, except...
We have a cosplay thread!  http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=339.0

(Yes, after I created it Forum-Thor brandished his banhammer in my general direction, and I promised not to keep randomly splitting threads.  But by then I had already "curated" some really cool earlier posts into the new Cosplay thread, which is now a fait accompli...)

Aaah, awesome! My latest information on the cosplay thread was that it was being considered. Glad it is reality now :D

(I've been in ninja mode for too long, it seems.)

Not just memes I might add, but any edited material based on the original comic, meme or not.

Perhaps you could add all this to the first post of this thread as the thread creator, in case anyone else comes looking.

That's quite a good idea, I'll go do that. Even though it seems hardly any look at the first page (from all the "how do I insert/resize images" requests lately), it would be handy to have all information in one place.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1478 on: March 17, 2015, 08:14:01 PM »
That's quite a good idea, I'll go do that. Even though it seems hardly any look at the first page (from all the "how do I insert/resize images" requests lately), it would be handy to have all information in one place.
Yeah, I read all the older posts before I came in (it was only like 80 pages at that point, I'm pretty sure) and there is comedy gold everybody should make their way through it somehow

I still have the Lalli-initiative-style-photoshoot drawings, SSSS Sailor Scouts, and the SSSS Soviet poster adaptations saved to my desktop. To everybody who did those, they're wonderful and I've been looking for a chance to say that!
YEET

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1479 on: March 17, 2015, 08:41:51 PM »
Yeah, I read all the older posts before I came in (it was only like 80 pages at that point, I'm pretty sure) and there is comedy gold...

I still have the Lalli-initiative-style-photoshoot drawings, SSSS Sailor Scouts, and the SSSS Soviet poster adaptations saved to my desktop. To everybody who did those, they're wonderful and I've been looking for a chance to say that!

I'm so glad you saw those artifacts from our early days!  I like them too.
I can't draw to save my life, but I persuaded Owl to share the Lalli photoshoot sketches, and suggested the Soviet Realist posters that skillful people turned into delightful art.  (I still giggle when I think of Sigrun dangerously driving a tractor and Mikkel thinking EMIL, STOP.)  So maybe that makes me at least an impresario of art?  ::)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
« Reply #1480 on: March 17, 2015, 08:42:26 PM »
Topic edited.
  • List of art threads added, complete with links and description.
  • Inserting images walkthrough slightly edited.
  • That announcement regarding attachments was removed and the reason for attachments being disabled added to the walkthrough instead.

If anyone has anything else they feel I should add, please just ask!

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1481 on: March 17, 2015, 09:37:10 PM »
I'm so glad you saw those artifacts from our early days!  I like them too.
I can't draw to save my life, but I persuaded Owl to share the Lalli photoshoot sketches, and suggested the Soviet Realist posters that skillful people turned into delightful art.  (I still giggle when I think of Sigrun dangerously driving a tractor and Mikkel thinking EMIL, STOP.)  So maybe that makes me at least an impresario of art?  ::)

Definitely! :D EMIL, STOP is one of my favorite things ever!
YEET

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1482 on: March 17, 2015, 11:02:34 PM »
AAAAAHH there is too much art to comment on individually (you guys are ON FIRE today, wow!) but I LOVE IT ALL.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #1483 on: March 18, 2015, 12:09:50 AM »
I like emil pretty okay but the thing is. I love pokémon crossovers with the force of a thousand burning suns. (also I kinda started the pokemon discussion in the crossover thread and have been planning to draw emil with a ninetales but yours is so good)
my reaction to the Espeon trainer Lalli was similar because. gosh. pokémon crossoverssss
*kicks self for not realizing it was you* :D Well thank you for starting that little comment-fest. I rather appreciate the inspiration. I hereby dedicate the Pokemon team fan-art to you.  ;)

Topic edited.
  • List of art threads added, complete with links and description.
  • Inserting images walkthrough slightly edited.
  • That announcement regarding attachments was removed and the reason for attachments being disabled added to the walkthrough instead.

If anyone has anything else they feel I should add, please just ask!

:) Thanks for updating that. It's so neat and informational. Makes my tidy-brain happy.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 12:12:52 AM by Peraphelion »

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1484 on: March 18, 2015, 05:48:03 AM »
*kicks self for not realizing it was you* :D Well thank you for starting that little comment-fest. I rather appreciate the inspiration. I hereby dedicate the Pokemon team fan-art to you.  ;)

omg no don't kick yourself please draw more pokémon instead!!! i'm pretty bad at drawing pokémon for some reason and that's just unfair so. i'll just. curl up on the floor because your art is so cool. yes.

Drawing yourself in the SSSS-verse looks fun, maybe I'll join you guys!
yesssss we'll make even more of a ragtag team than the protag crew
you'll know where to find me.