Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2479012 times)

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #705 on: January 25, 2015, 05:44:23 PM »
Hmm that is indeed true and one good thing ( at least personally ) is that once you learn a certain aspect of maybe a position of an palm or the eyes you don't forget it even if you stop drawing for a while because what you learn just becomes a natural part of the next picture. For me my guest to draw as humane eyes as possible as an example since every time they came out slightly better and better ( the in the lalli picture i was trying to imitate Minna with poor results ).

Bottom line: The more you draw the better you get and don't be afraid to have breaks every now and then because your skills won't go anywhere, but you might get burnt out doing it all of the time.

Well, that's kind of true and kind of not. If you don't draw for a while you won't lose your skills, but you will become rusty. Luckily it doesn't take very long to get back into the flow again ;) (as long as you make an effort, that is)

Eh, it's only natural to want to spend time doing things you excel at. The time investment involved in learning to art is what pushed me away from it as well.

Of course it is c: I was referring to those people who decide that "hey, I want to become super good at art and get 100000 instagram followers!", draw for two weeks, and then complain to everyone because "I still suck at drawing, even though I practice all the time. It's so unfair!"

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #706 on: January 25, 2015, 05:48:49 PM »
YES! You have understood something a lot of people don't realize, and that is that you don't automatically become good at drawing without lots of practice. Way too many aspiring artists have to learn this the heard way. Including my brother, who used to tell me he was going to "do it once he was better at it" (that's some great primary school logic right there)

Haha, from someone who draws as naturally as you I'm sure it must be a real pain if people think you're just born talented and not that you've spent years of your life getting better! I hope your brother got out of that mindset pretty quickly :P

Oh no, what horrid evil *helpless maiden pose*. Seriously though, it's great that this thread is getting so much activity, and now that you've promised us weekly art posts you're obliged to deliver *knuckle cracking*

Well that's definitely one way of getting motivated to draw! *picks up a pencil and sketch pad and looks nervously out of the window*
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #707 on: January 25, 2015, 09:57:31 PM »
Well, that's kind of true and kind of not. If you don't draw for a while you won't lose your skills, but you will become rusty. Luckily it doesn't take very long to get back into the flow again ;) (as long as you make an effort, that is)

Oh gods, that is what I am struggling with.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
  • Preferred pronouns: Don't care, have fun!
« Reply #708 on: January 26, 2015, 01:50:47 PM »
That's why they need a thread of their own! I want that. I want to see all the memes and edits.
I <3 Cats, Chats, katter, neko, gato.
:canada: :france: :uk: :denmark: :spain: :japan:

I have this thing where I vanish for weeks and sometimes months. PM me and I'll be back for you~

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #709 on: January 26, 2015, 05:13:56 PM »
Y'all wanted a thread and now you have it. Go wild.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #710 on: January 27, 2015, 10:00:23 PM »
By popular demand, here's a punk Tuuri:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #711 on: January 27, 2015, 10:14:11 PM »

Cuuuuute!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #712 on: January 27, 2015, 10:48:13 PM »

AAAA SHE IS SO CUTE <3 All she needs now are some fishnets under her shorts!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #713 on: January 27, 2015, 11:10:26 PM »
Cuuuuute!

When would Tuuri not be? :))

AAAA SHE IS SO CUTE <3 All she needs now are some fishnets under her shorts!
;D
I would've drawn fishnets but... so many lines... (Also I just liked how her legs looked)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #714 on: January 28, 2015, 06:01:41 AM »
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEEEEEE! Oh my gosh she's so adorable!! XD

I also drew Tuuri today! I've never tried to draw her before because her hairstyle daunts me o__o but I cheated and gave her a hat....

I don't know what possessed me, but "SSSS Anime Beach Special" keeps popping up around the forum X)
So here are the Hotakainens at the beach..? (Featuring sun-safety)

Onni is the lifeguard who is opposed to all fun and happiness. ((I might unchicken-out and draw the rest of the crew...but I'm too scared.))
Hehe Onni would be too scared to tell off the giant Dane and the Spunky Captain senpai in case they stare into his soul or punch his shoulder again, but yelling at the other blonde punk is ok. Because he is considerably smaller. ;P
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 06:15:21 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

SeaAngel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #715 on: January 28, 2015, 06:50:31 AM »
I also drew Tuuri today! I've never tried to draw her before because her hairstyle daunts me o__o but I cheated and gave her a hat....

I don't know what possessed me, but "SSSS Anime Beach Special" keeps popping up around the forum X)
So here are the Hotakainens at the beach..? (Featuring sun-safety)

Onni is the lifeguard who is opposed to all fun and happiness. ((I might unchicken-out and draw the rest of the crew...but I'm too scared.))
Hehe Onni would be too scared to tell off the giant Dane and the Spunky Captain senpai in case they stare into his soul or punch his shoulder again, but yelling at the other blonde punk is ok. Because he is considerably smaller. ;P

This is AWESOME! But Lalli, I beg you, EAT SOMETHING. It feels like I can break your ankles by sneezing on them :(
Fluent:
OK:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #716 on: January 28, 2015, 07:09:35 AM »
This is AWESOME! But Lalli, I beg you, EAT SOMETHING. It feels like I can break your ankles by sneezing on them :(
Ah nuuuuuuuuu ;___; I have a bad habit of drawing teeny ankles, and also Lalli's legs as lines...then just adding...knees...
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #717 on: January 28, 2015, 07:16:01 AM »
Nah, his bones are strenghtened with carbon nanotubes  :D

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #718 on: January 28, 2015, 07:56:00 AM »

My oh my, Onni is just the way he should be. With that face and NO sign  ;D Also, what is it on his hat?.. Horns? D: Ah, no, cat ears?
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #719 on: January 28, 2015, 07:59:48 AM »

I like Lalli's Hawaiian-cat-shirt. :P And Tuuri is so enthusiasthic....eeeeee!

That NO sign is just perfect, though....