Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2441539 times)

GeiYin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • A cosmonaut... someday
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #12285 on: October 12, 2017, 12:07:12 PM »
Finally broke somewhat free of my most recent bout of depression and art block that came with it.

This bewitched me... and made the mood, really
great piece
Native:  :russia:
Can read:  :uk: / :usa:
Dream goal: :germany:

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Cosplaying, drawing bonfires, writing in ruSSSSian

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #12286 on: October 12, 2017, 12:52:34 PM »
They lost their limbs; they do not obtain new. And, even now, in the skeleton of snakes you could find the small remains of former limbs.

Even though, "having four limbs" is not an integral part of the definition. Either you describe the species as they are in the present — something is a mammal if it lactates — or you describe them based on ancestry — something is a mammal if they're descended from a mammal. But "having four limbs" is a not a useful criteria, since you can neither use it to distinguish mammals from other groups, nor even assert that all mammals have four limbs.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12287 on: October 12, 2017, 01:07:31 PM »
And as JoB remarked, divinity changes things. I'm not at all sure about, say, the genetic expression of a bull, a swan, a shower of gold, a fly or a pomegranate seed when combined with human genes.

Sc0ut, taking a second look at your picture: I had at first taken that to be frost on Lalli's lashes. Is it instead the remains of tears?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12288 on: October 12, 2017, 01:14:29 PM »
Sc0ut, taking a second look at your picture: I had at first taken that to be frost on Lalli's lashes. Is it instead the remains of tears?

Neither, really. I just took the artistic license to draw his lashes white because I thought it looked good. Viewers are free to interpret it as they wish :)

GeiYin, thank you!!

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12289 on: October 12, 2017, 01:44:57 PM »
Heads up to all you amazing inktober participants and your fantastic contributions! Special kudos to Windy and Wavewright for your diligence and daily doses of laughs and awesomeness, and to OwlsG0 for the little comic, which I kinda felt bad at laughing at, but only a little  :P

Finally broke somewhat free of my most recent bout of depression and art block that came with it.

I'm really glad to hear that this last bout of depression is being chased away a little (and hope it stays chased away for a long time!), and I'm really happy to see your beautiful art again  ;D The picture is stunning, and I love the grim brooding winter, and Lalli's outside calm contrasting with it

EDIT: Also, regarding the biology discussion, we're getting a bit off topic here. Would anybody be opposed to discussing this in the troll biology thread? It isn't perfect, but by merging the two we can make sure that the discussion can continue while not getting in the way of complimenting and producing all the amazing art. I'll merge them in a day or so as long as there's no complaints :P
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:01:44 PM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12290 on: October 12, 2017, 05:25:50 PM »
Thank you, Gwenno!

Such beautiful art by Sc0ut!  *lost in the composition of the branches framing Lalli* All the squeeees, and all the hugs for a return of flow.

OwlsG0, such fun! "Gross, bro," pipes up birb!Tuuri.  Alice Cooper, call your office, Onni stole your eyeliner.

Windy, wizards and wizardry are yours.  I like the concept on the book cover.  Underwater is good - let's cue up La Mer.

Spoiler: maybe this is for the bad jokes thread instead • show

Here is my alternate for the InkTober prompt, 'Shy':

It's a picture of the exit to the Minnion fandom - geddit?  Ja okay, I'll see myself out.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:47:04 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12291 on: October 12, 2017, 05:57:27 PM »
Wavewright: grrroooaaaannn!

Sc0ut: thanks for the explanation. With his colouring, Lalli's eyelashes would have to be white-blond/translucent. It looks nice.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12292 on: October 13, 2017, 02:16:20 PM »
Rumour has it there was a need for more of the crew in pretty dresses and I aim to please:

(only had black and white available and I didnt sketch them out first so they look a little (okay a lot) wonky xD)

And a couple of arts I did for the inktober thread for those of you who dont check over there:
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12293 on: October 14, 2017, 03:28:25 PM »
I see youre all overwhelmed by my art again so let me offer you some more:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #12294 on: October 14, 2017, 03:47:19 PM »
Wow Windy, you've been super productive so far this month! And it seems to me you're challenging yourself, like with the perspective of the fireplace and chair, the background and fire and poses of the picture with Emil and Lalli.

Scout, a beautiful and a very sensitive painting.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12295 on: October 14, 2017, 06:48:43 PM »
Wow Windy, you've been super productive so far this month! And it seems to me you're challenging yourself, like with the perspective of the fireplace and chair, the background and fire and poses of the picture with Emil and Lalli.

Scout, a beautiful and a very sensitive painting.

eeee, thank you! But just to prove that I can still do my ugly sad excuses for art I did these two just now when I was asked to draw a butt and a skate:

(its fun to ask the chatpeople for quick small things to art and then do them :D)
(some are hard with just the black and white ink tho)
(which makes it even more fun!)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12296 on: October 15, 2017, 02:03:37 AM »
InkTober official prompt of 'Fierce', combined with SSSS prompt of 'Fire,' combined with a silly conversation I had with Euodiachloris on Disqus, and voila!  Emil done in the style of Rob Liefeld.

I feel like I have to say 'sorry' a lot lately!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 02:05:12 AM by wavewright62 »

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #12297 on: October 15, 2017, 02:29:15 AM »
InkTober official prompt of 'Fierce', combined with SSSS prompt of 'Fire,' combined with a silly conversation I had with Euodiachloris on Disqus, and voila!  Emil done in the style of Rob Liefeld.

I feel like I have to say 'sorry' a lot lately!

Did... did he just go Super Saiyan?

For reference:

:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12298 on: October 15, 2017, 04:35:48 AM »
Did... did he just go Super Saiyan?

Nah, this predates that - it's a poke at a comic artist whose idea of character design consisted of huge muscles, lots of ordnance and pouches to store it in (and probably extra hair product and the odd Subway too), feet which if present were sketched on as an afterthought, and gobbets and gobbets of ink everywhere.  He was very fond of drawing a character just standing there, looking KEWL with a BFG, and lots more ink to cover his many anatomical errors and indicate that this was a character of Action.  A significant subset of his characters had a Bride of Frankenstein thing happening with their hair, and when Euodiachoris described the look as 'porcupine Rapunzel,' I knew had to do it.
This page cracked me up and was a great reference: https://www.progressiveboink.com/2012/4/21/2960508/worst-rob-liefeld-drawings

Reynir's there too, but I just couldn't make a Liefeldesque broken-spine manoeuver on him, so it's just his braid making an appearance.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:52:08 AM by wavewright62 »

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #12299 on: October 15, 2017, 04:39:30 AM »
Nah, this predates that - it's a poke at a comic artist whose idea of character design consisted of huge muscles, lots of provenance and pouches to store it in (and probably extra hair product and the odd Subway too), feet which if present were sketched on as an afterthought, and gobbets and gobbets of ink everywhere.  He was very fond of drawing a character just standing there, looking KEWL with a BFG, and lots more ink to cover his many anatomical errors and indicate that this was a character of Action.  A significant subset of his characters had a Bride of Frankenstein thing happening with their hair, and when Euodiachoris described the look as 'porcupine Rapunzel,' I knew had to do it.

...when you look up this guy's art and realize that Dragon Ball Z offers a good example of realistic anatomy by comparison...
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18: