Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2468043 times)

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #12270 on: October 11, 2017, 03:42:20 PM »
Please! The horse by definition is mammal, and mammals are, by definition, four-limbed vertebrates. How, for Loki's sake, the eight-legged creature could be relative to the horses?  O_o It could be related to horses by no close than in superclass.

...You know you just debunked your own claim that Sleipnope is a horse? :P Also it is related to horses because its father was a horse. Kind of like hinnies. Either way Sleipnir is a superclass horse since its half god! Our mortal rules does not fully apply to it!

Moving on from the deep discussion about how the nordic people dont know what a horse is I tried arting a rat instead today!
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12271 on: October 11, 2017, 05:36:17 PM »
Why not? Loki has, after all, been known to cheat.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #12272 on: October 11, 2017, 07:12:19 PM »
Finally broke somewhat free of my most recent bout of depression and art block that came with it.

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12273 on: October 11, 2017, 07:16:54 PM »
I like the effect of the breath, the sky, the frosted eyelashes.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #12274 on: October 11, 2017, 07:31:44 PM »
Finally broke somewhat free of my most recent bout of depression and art block that came with it.

Daaaaang, so much beautiness!!! I'm glad you're feeling better *hugs*
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #12275 on: October 11, 2017, 09:40:17 PM »
Please! The horse by definition is mammal, and mammals are, by definition, four-limbed vertebrates. How, for Loki's sake, the eight-legged creature could be relative to the horses?  O_o It could be related to horses by no close than in superclass.

That's not how definitions really work, especially in biology. "Having four limbs" is a trait shared by most mammals, but not all mammals have four limbs (mutations happen), and not all creatures that are four limbs are mammal. Sleipnir is descended from a horse and from a creature that that can mate with anything, so Sleipnir is at least half-horse, and at most 100% horse with an additional limb mutation, depending on how exactly the mating process of gods work — for all we know, when a god mates with a mammal, it might cause the mammal to reproduce through parthenogenesis.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12276 on: October 12, 2017, 12:09:16 AM »
Sc0ut, that's beautiful!! It's amazing how the red tones you used for Lalli contrast with the cool sky in the background, like he's off on a walk to calm some anger or something. And it's good to hear that you're feeling better! ^-^
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:04:34 AM by Luth Nightbreeze »
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12277 on: October 12, 2017, 12:19:52 AM »
"Having four limbs" is a trait shared by most mammals,

Actually, it's a trait, shared by all mammals. And reptiles. And birds. And amphibians. To divert from this common trait you need to root down to fishes.

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #12278 on: October 12, 2017, 05:33:14 AM »
Drew this while half-asleep, which accounts for the messy sketches. Reynir and Lalli stage an intervention for Onni as he grows a bit kade-ey

Spoiler: Long comic • show
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #12279 on: October 12, 2017, 08:03:57 AM »
Actually, it's a trait, shared by all mammals. And reptiles. And birds. And amphibians. To divert from this common trait you need to root down to fishes.

But... snakes? Or going back to mammals, dolphins have lost their hind limbs. Mammals and reptiles and amphibians and birds evolved from a four-limbed animal, certainly, but some groups have lost that trait, and that doesn't make snakes or dolphins something other than reptiles and mammals.

w o w

Drew this while half-asleep, which accounts for the messy sketches. Reynir and Lalli stage an intervention for Onni as he grows a bit kade-ey

Ahaha! That's great! That last line  :'D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Grey-cat2

• DeviantArt
  • Formerly Grey-Cat
« Reply #12280 on: October 12, 2017, 09:34:32 AM »

Oh my gosh, this is so beautiful! The colors are so muted and subtle and they go together amazingly! I love the stark black for his coat, and I feel like I'm actually out in the cold when I look at this. ^^ great job! Glad to hear you're feeling better as well :)
Commonly tries to learn a new language after reading foreign webcomics (commonly fails)

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #12281 on: October 12, 2017, 10:12:31 AM »
Actually, it's a trait, shared by all mammals. And reptiles. And birds. And amphibians.

That's not true though: dolphins, whales, dugongs, manatees, moas, snakes, slowworms, glass lizards, mexican mole lizards, caelicians and sirens all have 2 or 0 limbs (some of those have vestigial bones of the missing limbs, but most don't).
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12282 on: October 12, 2017, 10:58:16 AM »
But... snakes? Or going back to mammals, dolphins have lost their hind limbs. Mammals and reptiles and amphibians and birds evolved from a four-limbed animal, certainly, but some groups have lost that trait, and that doesn't make snakes or dolphins something other than reptiles and mammals.

They lost their limbs; they do not obtain new. And, even now, in the skeleton of snakes you could find the small remains of former limbs.

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #12283 on: October 12, 2017, 11:32:45 AM »
I think we're in a dire need of a biological controversy thread, so you're not inconvenienced by art while discussing :D

Grey-cat2, Ana Nymus, Antillanka, Róisín - thank you so much!

Luth Nightbreeze - good intuition, Lalli really is processing some negative feelings here. I was vaguely thinking about the fact that they haven't got to mourn Tuuri properly yet. Thank you!

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #12284 on: October 12, 2017, 12:01:22 PM »
Please! The horse by definition is mammal, and mammals are, by definition, four-limbed vertebrates. How, for Loki's sake, the eight-legged creature could be relative to the horses?  O_o
"For Loki's sake", just as you said? ;)

The genetic basics of morphology are a quite active field or research right now. To simplify, a few key genes create gradients of certain chemicals across the growing body, which then serve as a coordinate system for the cells, triggering genetic "programs" quite close to "oh, I'm supposed to form a leg here". Mess with those gradients and your definition of four-limbed-ness goes bye-bye. And the womb Sleipnir formed in supposedly was imbued with divine capabilities ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15