Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2477663 times)

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #9870 on: May 19, 2016, 10:12:32 PM »
Aaaaa! Onni being so handsome! <3 He looks like himself to me. : D Amazing work, @Jureeya, hopefully we get more of the same stuff. C:

And a very fine Onni ;)

Thank you two too!!

Reynir and Emil, under a cut for blood/injury/rash illness, you know, the works. The fic Lazy8 posted a while ago about them getting stuck in the Silent World until springtime kind of got me thinking about a scenario that was...way less adorable than that fic deserves.
Spoiler: show

(Reblog>>>http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/144631345183/)
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #9871 on: May 19, 2016, 10:17:00 PM »
Reynir and Emil, under a cut for blood/injury/rash illness, you know, the works. The fic Lazy8 posted a while ago about them getting stuck in the Silent World until springtime kind of got me thinking about a scenario that was...way less adorable than that fic deserves.

Well good to know, because this one is also your fault.

(And right when I got that out of my system, I want to write a fic for the one you just posted too.)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 10:20:38 PM by Lazy8 »
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #9872 on: May 19, 2016, 10:19:18 PM »
Well good to know, because this one is also your fault.

(And right when I got that out of my system, I want to write a fic for the one you just posted too.)

I KNOW I SAW WHAT PERFECT TIMING

ALSO <3 <3 <3
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #9873 on: May 19, 2016, 10:26:23 PM »

Just gon' stare at it forever. Even though I already stared at it a lot in stream. ;p
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9874 on: May 20, 2016, 07:34:53 AM »
Urbicande and wavewright: Thank you! This could have been a self-portrait, I feel like that practically every evening...
Jureeya: A very fine Onni, yes. I have gradually abandoned Mikkel as a favourite, and Onni is at the very top as we've got to know him better. Your Emil and Reynir are also superfine.
Antillanka: Haha, poor jealous Lallicat.
Jhev:

I can really imagine Emil excelling at this kind of thing. Cool drawing! (If you use the image adress that appears when you choose "view image", the forum displays it just fine :tuuri:)
Luth: Nice! is it a symptom of ssss addiciton when I immediately recognize the dreamworld Reynir and Lalli panels?

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #9875 on: May 20, 2016, 04:14:18 PM »

I need a good paper for watercolour, because this paper can't take water too well. when I scanned it had a lot of shadows everywhere. I had to photoshop out..... and I am not good with photoshopping....
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
« Reply #9876 on: May 20, 2016, 04:15:24 PM »

I need a good paper for watercolour, because this paper can't take water too well. when I scanned it had a lot of shadows everywhere. I had to photoshop out..... and I am not good with photoshopping....

Water shadows or not, this looks very impressive. Nice Sigrun!
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9877 on: May 20, 2016, 04:34:55 PM »

This is an awesome Sigrun! I wish I could be that good with watercolours! I might go practice with my watercolour paints now...
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #9878 on: May 20, 2016, 05:40:47 PM »
This is an awesome Sigrun! I wish I could be that good with watercolours! I might go practice with my watercolour paints now...

all I did with watercolour they looked horrible for real. and I am not just being negative about myself
Spoiler: the one I did before.... • show

I was never got how to paint with watercolour, I never understood how people do it, when I did I did a huge mess only.

I bought watercolour and brushed for my bday, and today I tried to paint something, after watching tons of watercolour paint videos....
no practice ;3;

BUT good luck for you!
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #9879 on: May 20, 2016, 06:08:24 PM »
Martti: nice Sigrun! My son does watercolours, and he said it was really hard at first, to get the texture right. For a watercolour beginner, those are good! Practice makes perfect! Keep trying.

I wonder if there are any watercolour tutorials the watercolour artists could recommend?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #9880 on: May 20, 2016, 06:16:16 PM »
Martti: nice Sigrun! My son does watercolours, and he said it was really hard at first, to get the texture right. For a watercolour beginner, those are good! Practice makes perfect! Keep trying.

I wonder if there are any watercolour tutorials the watercolour artists could recommend?

right now all I need is a better paper, because these paper I used didn1t take water too well, and made the paper..... look weird?? how to say when the paper is not straight like it supposed to be?

I actually like to figure out how to do stuffs myself...... this if how I learned all art stuffs I have.... or mostly

is there any special paper for real that can take the water well without making the paper like that?

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9881 on: May 20, 2016, 06:30:34 PM »
right now all I need is a better paper, because these paper I used didn1t take water too well, and made the paper..... look weird?? how to say when the paper is not straight like it supposed to be?

I actually like to figure out how to do stuffs myself...... this if how I learned all art stuffs I have.... or mostly

is there any special paper for real that can take the water well without making the paper like that?

I think there is some kind of watercolour paper you can buy? maybe look in an art supply store. It's probably thicker or something to help absorb more water?
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #9882 on: May 20, 2016, 07:25:35 PM »

Maybe look for some Fabriano paper over 200gm/m (like this one, I guess http://www.artexport.hu/termekek/art-export-bova-akvarelltomb-200-g-a4-18-lap.html), and taping it to the board/table you're working in with masking tape, so it absorbs the water "inflating" rather than wrinkling.

Anyway, your Sigrun turned out awesome, you're already making good  "stains" :D
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #9883 on: May 20, 2016, 08:37:07 PM »
The other thing is that the more water per amount of paint you use, the better it looks (except for small dark areas). But the Sigrun especially looks really good? Like, I'm pretty sure my second major watercolour piece was a Trainwreck, you're doing fine.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #9884 on: May 20, 2016, 09:29:02 PM »

SIGRUN! (You got her expression pretty much perfect.)
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18: