Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2478872 times)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #690 on: January 25, 2015, 01:00:31 PM »
Some new pictures of a troll/giant who seemingly is one of the original victims with their own flesh having rotten off leaving only the skull behind.

Your grossling is very gross FinnishViking, congratulations! I like the gloopy brainy stuff on top ^_^ Gotta say that I prefer the pencil version rather than negative, but that's just personal preference. Also, once you said sock puppet I couldn't unsee it   :o
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #691 on: January 25, 2015, 01:12:47 PM »
So, um…. this! Sigrun is just so awesome  ;D and someday my drawing skills will improve enough to actually capture that in a picture. Until then I'm just hoping to see her actually face a troll in the comic, because if past experience is anything to go by, it will surely exceed all my expectations :P

I hope people like it ^_^

Omg I love it, so dynamic! And the face is perfect  :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #692 on: January 25, 2015, 01:58:24 PM »
Your grossling is very gross FinnishViking, congratulations! I like the gloopy brainy stuff on top ^_^ Gotta say that I prefer the pencil version rather than negative, but that's just personal preference. Also, once you said sock puppet I couldn't unsee it   :o

Thanks for the comment gotta say your picture isn't half bad either, hell it's quite good. Keep on drawing and they will become better and better for at least i want to see more.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #693 on: January 25, 2015, 03:14:15 PM »
So, um…. this! Sigrun is just so awesome  ;D and someday my drawing skills will improve enough to actually capture that in a picture. Until then I'm just hoping to see her actually face a troll in the comic, because if past experience is anything to go by, it will surely exceed all my expectations :P

I hope people like it ^_^

I love it!  A great example of this trope:  http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeanConneryIsAboutToShootYou (variant: "Superman Is About to Punch You")

I also like all the many and varied grossnesses of the troll, including the dinosaur-ish tail at the left and the head at the right.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #694 on: January 25, 2015, 03:40:01 PM »
I came up with a really good excuse for drawing this, but I've forgotten what it was <_<

Although I suppose you never really need an excuse for drawing sleeping cuties

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #695 on: January 25, 2015, 03:53:26 PM »
I came up with a really good excuse for drawing this, but I've forgotten what it was <_<

Although I suppose you never really need an excuse for drawing sleeping cuties
Do she got da booty? She dooo.

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #696 on: January 25, 2015, 03:56:12 PM »
That's really cute - and I'd really like to put a blanket over her, to make sure she's not cold.  ;)
Also, great drawings of Sigrun and the grosslings.
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #697 on: January 25, 2015, 04:13:44 PM »
Do she got da booty? She dooo.

*snort*

I suppose so? To be honest I've never been able to tell a nice booty from a mediocre booty, so I didn't really think about it. I was more focused on getting the proportions correct ;)

That's really cute - and I'd really like to put a blanket over her, to make sure she's not cold.  ;)

Thanks, and don't worry, mom Mikkel is already on it (and she's just taking a power nap anyway, she'll be up in ten minutes)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #698 on: January 25, 2015, 04:24:25 PM »

I suppose you never really need an excuse for drawing sleeping cuties

It's adorable!  I love her vulnerable little shoulder blades sticking out, and the eyelashes silhouetted against the pillow. 

I'm glad Mikkel is making sure she doesn't catch a chill.   :)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #699 on: January 25, 2015, 04:41:13 PM »
It's adorable!  I love her vulnerable little shoulder blades sticking out, and the eyelashes silhouetted against the pillow. 

I'm glad Mikkel is making sure she doesn't catch a chill.   :)

You noticed the eyelashes!! I'm really happy with that detail c: Hehe, and thanks!

FinnishViking

• Scout
« Reply #700 on: January 25, 2015, 04:52:10 PM »
Why you all asume it's a she? Some men like to take good care of their eyelashes too.  ;)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #701 on: January 25, 2015, 04:57:44 PM »
Omg I love it, so dynamic! And the face is perfect  :D

Thanks for the comment gotta say your picture isn't half bad either, hell it's quite good. Keep on drawing and they will become better and better for at least i want to see more.

I love it!  A great example of this trope:  http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeanConneryIsAboutToShootYou (variant: "Superman Is About to Punch You")
I also like all the many and varied grossnesses of the troll, including the dinosaur-ish tail at the left and the head at the right.

Thank you guys ^_^ It really means a lot when people say such nice things. I know that the drawings I post aren't that amazing, but as FinnishViking said, it is by keeping on drawing that they will get better, and I am planning on doing a LOT of drawing! Until then, you guys are just going to have to deal with my weekly art spam *bwahahahahahaha!* (is feeling  very evil today)
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #702 on: January 25, 2015, 05:09:31 PM »
it is by keeping on drawing that they will get better, and I am planning on doing a LOT of drawing!

YES! You have understood something a lot of people don't realize, and that is that you don't automatically become good at drawing without lots of practice. Way too many aspiring artists have to learn this the heard way. Including my brother, who used to tell me he was going to "do it once he was better at it" (that's some great primary school logic right there)

FinnishViking

• Scout
« Reply #703 on: January 25, 2015, 05:27:30 PM »
YES! You have understood something a lot of people don't realize, and that is that you don't automatically become good at drawing without lots of practice. Way too many aspiring artists have to learn this the heard way. Including my brother, who used to tell me he was going to "do it once he was better at it" (that's some great primary school logic right there)

Hmm that is indeed true and one good thing ( at least personally ) is that once you learn a certain aspect of maybe a position of an palm or the eyes you don't forget it even if you stop drawing for a while because what you learn just becomes a natural part of the next picture. For me my guest to draw as humane eyes as possible as an example since every time they came out slightly better and better ( the in the lalli picture i was trying to imitate Minna with poor results ).

Bottom line: The more you draw the better you get and don't be afraid to have breaks every now and then because your skills won't go anywhere, but you might get burnt out doing it all of the time.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #704 on: January 25, 2015, 05:30:30 PM »
Until then, you guys are just going to have to deal with my weekly art spam *bwahahahahahaha!* (is feeling  very evil today)
Oh no, what horrid evil *helpless maiden pose*. Seriously though, it's great that this thread is getting so much activity, and now that you've promised us weekly art posts you're obliged to deliver *knuckle cracking*

Eh, it's only natural to want to spend time doing things you excel at. The time investment involved in learning to art is what pushed me away from it as well.