Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2474303 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2014, 03:13:52 PM »
hkshdgjlshlah Lenny that is amazing oh my god. Puts my meager art skills to shame... I really need to keep working on my Braidy/Emil fanart, but the former is kind of hard to draw with so few references.

Braidy/Emil?! Tell me that's not a shipping...

You're right though, that drawing puts us all to shame. Especially my poor inexistent art skills. I'm now drawing the Disney princesses thing a second time to make it better - but I can't seem to draw a fat Tuuri :/
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2014, 05:25:10 PM »
Braidy/Emil?! Tell me that's not a shipping...

XD Who knows? There's all sorts of people out there. I personally don't ship them, but they ARE both in the picture so I'm not sure how else do describe it.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2014, 05:47:42 PM »
Well, to be fair, each drawing Minna does of Braidy only adds to his charm; it's kinda nice how she can convey so much about the attitude of her characters by just still shots of them when we haven't even really met them yet.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2014, 06:01:16 PM »
Well, to be fair, each drawing Minna does of Braidy only adds to his charm; it's kinda nice how she can convey so much about the attitude of her characters by just still shots of them when we haven't even really met them yet.
She's also admitted that he looks more and more like a girl every time she draws him.  And I quote, "At this rate he'll have developed boobs by the time he joins the main cast of the comic."

Edit: That said, I honestly didn't think he looked feminine in that picture.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 06:10:03 PM by Eich »
Feel free to PM.

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2014, 06:16:10 PM »
That said, I honestly didn't think he looked feminine in that picture.

No, I didn't really think so, either. Adorable, yes. Feminine? Not so much.

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2014, 06:18:08 PM »
Well, I think he's getting a more girly face in that picture than in some other art (notably the main site's banner), and is general is not very viril looking —which is fine, that's presicely why I find him charming :)
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2014, 12:46:55 AM »
I finished the thing I was working on! I might color it, later...

:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2014, 02:05:12 AM »
I LOVE ALL YOU PEOPLE.

Lenny: The eyelashes totally make the picture. Dang, that turned out really cool.
Solovei: Emil's eyebrows/expression are the best. Also, if Braidy doesn't wear his hair like that at least once over the course of the comic, I will be sad.

Anyways, here's one of my "my-house-mate-hasn't-come-home-yet-and-it's-super-late-at-night-and-I'm-bored" drawings. Surprisingly, this is the first bit of fanart I've actually linearted and colored... I'm not sure if I'd ever actually drawn another character besides Emil before this, so. I digress.

Braidy, according to the general populace you are incorrect.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:15:50 AM by Miss Honeyham »
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2014, 02:23:04 PM »
I LOVE ALL YOU PEOPLE.

Lenny: The eyelashes totally make the picture. Dang, that turned out really cool.
Solovei: Emil's eyebrows/expression are the best. Also, if Braidy doesn't wear his hair like that at least once over the course of the comic, I will be sad.

Surprisingly, this is the first bit of fanart I've actually linearted and colored...

Miss Honeyham, I would never have guessed that was your first fully-worked fanart -- it's a terrific portrait!  I can practically hear Braidy's exasperated teenage-boy voice cracking.  (Your emphasis on jaw width, nose, and cheekbones does help us see him more clearly as a guy.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

BrainBlow

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2014, 05:21:06 PM »
I finished the thing I was working on! I might color it, later...

Behold my amazing use of color sampling from the comic in MS paint.

No idea why I did this. Terribleness.

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2014, 04:01:34 AM »
*sweats nervously*

It took me nearly a million years to figure out, but here goes..

I think I need to give some small explanations about the pictures, so I was thinking about how Lalli first thought the expedition was some kind of bad joke, which made me think "Lalli knows jokes?" which led to "Has Lalli ever laughed or smiled?!" which led to some terrifying sketches O__O (which accidentally included a child-Lalli who's possible implications ripped out my heart ;__;)

There's also a random sketch of Lalli and Emil in a Western AU, where Lalli would be the sharpest shooter in the west, and Emil is still a pyromaniac, also I just thought that troll-filled ghost towns sounded kinda cool (I also randomly gave them freckles for some reason....maybe.. sun exposure??)
And then there's a wonky-legged (actually, they're ALL very wonky haha) Lalli-cat and Lalli with a sparkly ponytail because....of reasons I can't remember

I hope I got it to work :/ *shuffles away*
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 04:04:08 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Cheesecake

• Don't think I didn't see what you did there
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2014, 10:55:16 AM »
HOLY ODIN! That top left sketch of Lalli smiling is the most adorable thing ever!

Aaand here's Emil's Hair Sparkle's Swedish Pride:

:| I tried, but Paint sucks. I know I made a sketchy mini-comic type thing though if I can find it...
Native: :usa:
Learning-ish: :spain:
Want to learn: :germany: :sweden:
"Survived"
:book1+:
:chap6: :chap7:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2014, 03:37:12 PM »
Aaand here's Emil's Hair Sparkle's Swedish Pride:

This is glorious XD
We should put this one on the wiki instead of the official picture.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2014, 06:31:16 PM »
I know I made a sketchy mini-comic type thing though if I can find it...

OOOOOOoooooh! *hopes you find it* that sounds so cool!

And the SPARKLES! Sparklesasdfghjkl
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2014, 02:19:30 AM »
*sweats nervously*

It took me nearly a million years to figure out, but here goes..

I think I need to give some small explanations about the pictures, so I was thinking about how Lalli first thought the expedition was some kind of bad joke, which made me think "Lalli knows jokes?" which led to "Has Lalli ever laughed or smiled?!" which led to some terrifying sketches O__O (which accidentally included a child-Lalli who's possible implications ripped out my heart ;__;)

I hope I got it to work :/ *shuffles away*

Wow, those are amazing!  I wish I could draw.  I have to say, it took me a minute to get used to the concept of Lalli smiling.  So far, we haven't seen anything beyond the faintest half-smile (or concealed satisfaction at getting Emil's lunch).  I'm all agog to see what might break through his impassivity. 

As for heart-ripping, I'm bracing myself for the flashback when Minna (or someone talented like you) shows how Onni, Tuuri, and Lalli first came to Keuruu.  I'm picturing three hungry, grubby, travel-weary kids with white-blond hair and wide gray-blue eyes. 

Onni, at 16, is already almost at his full height though not filled out yet, clearly traumatized because he knows what happened, but trying SO. HARD. to stay calm for the kids (one clinging to each arm, while he has an enormous, lopsided pack on his back). 
Tuuri, age 10, has her hair still in the pigtails her mother braided a few days ago and is carrying the stuffed kitty her father made out of old socks.  Every time she innocently asks, "But where are Mom and Dad, Onni?  Are they going to meet us here?" it's like a knife through his heart. 
Lalli, age 8, already has his rifle on his back although he's hardly taller than it, because 1) It was Grandpa's and 2) sleeping with a stuffed animal is for LITTLE KIDS but HEROIC SNIPERS always have their gun handy.    Not that he'd ever come out and say so.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: