Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2478921 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #12540 on: March 31, 2018, 07:05:56 PM »
aw shi- nice work Elleth!

I come bringing less stupid art!

See, when I say "less stupid art" that still implies it's stupid. Emil performing Sweden's Dance you off! There was supposed to be a grumpy Lalli next to him but I kinda gave up after struggling with Emil...
(Also because the paper I decided to use is horrible for anything but details)

I love his backdrop and the pose, and the black-on-black - so very 80s, to me.  I am not saying a word about what he's holding, though, nuh-uh.

More doodle-y practice, both for colour and expression. Sigrun's angry face intrigued me.

MOre development and branching out!  Huzzah!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12541 on: April 01, 2018, 01:51:25 AM »
I love his backdrop and the pose, and the black-on-black - so very 80s, to me.  I am not saying a word about what he's holding, though, nuh-uh.
MOre development and branching out!  Huzzah!

What she said  :))

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12542 on: April 02, 2018, 02:55:39 PM »

thank you! it's just a microphone?

And I bring you another doodle for which I blame Scout (but I don't remember the details why)
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #12543 on: April 03, 2018, 12:42:20 AM »
Sc0ut, I love Emil and lynx-Lalli, it's such a gorgeous art!

Since the weather turned into winter again here, I made an addition to the Winter OlympicSSSS series; Onni as a coach:

and as Rabbit pointed out on tumblr, he should be a knitting coach :)

(Finns and knitting at the olympics)

Helia, this is brilliant!  A worthy companion to the other delightful SSSS-Olympics drawings.  (And I love the article documenting the Finnish team's knitting:  “It’s a nice, Finnish thing... it means no unnecessary chit-chat is needed!”)

Latest silly cartoon from me - I was going to do a full-on edit for the whole scene, ah well.

Wavewright, this made me laugh out loud.  Of course Mikkel would be chanting "Bring out yer dead!" with a perfectly deadpan face. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #12544 on: April 03, 2018, 01:22:00 AM »
I got a tumblr ask do draw Emil as a character from a roleplaying game/DnD. I must admit I don't know all the classes too well, but the chance to draw Emil in fancy armor was irresistible, so I went for paladin:

(Ref)

That is totally how Emil would see himself:  a Heroic Defender in splendid gold armor.  (None of that Ill-Made Knight nonsense for him, thank you very much...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12545 on: April 03, 2018, 04:42:20 PM »
This thread obviously needs more windy-doodles so:

Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #12546 on: April 03, 2018, 05:02:27 PM »
Windy, you're absolutely right. Also I want that top.

Sunny, thank you (and I agree: absolutely none of that nonsense)
Wavewright: your sketches are fun and I enjoy them so much, thank you for sharing!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12547 on: April 12, 2018, 06:01:12 AM »
Suddenly light bursts from a hole in the spirit church’s wall. The hole widens until Onni steps into the church, water from the dream-sea splashing in at the base of the hole onto the flagstones.
“Did I miss the butt-whuppin’?,” Onni asks.

“No dear,” Pastor A smiles, “you’re just in time.”

Reference video:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:03:42 AM by wavewright62 »

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #12548 on: April 13, 2018, 04:06:16 AM »
Wavewright, good to see Onni in time to play a lullaby before all the lost go home to rest. I do love his cheerful attitude and body language here :-)

For those who haven't seen it on my tumblr, I made this for Laufeys birthday:
It's her OC Þórhildur Jónsdóttir, icelandic captain in a story set in year 77. And I imagined her taking a trip to Norway, and being really good at finding lost children, in particular the generals' red-haired daughter.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12549 on: April 13, 2018, 04:32:13 AM »
Wow o wow this is awesome! (I didn't see it on Tumblr, I wonder why?)

Hearth

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #12550 on: May 13, 2018, 03:41:49 PM »
Wow I just spent a week going through this entire thread...there’s so much amazing art! Every single piece is so great. Complements to everyone who contributed fanart at some point! I’ve got some little ssss doodles I might put here at some point, but who knows if/when I will since I don’t have any way set up to post them (motivation to finally get a tumblr, perhaps?)
Native: :usa:
Learned a little, forgot most of it: :france:
Learning: :vaticancity:

Grey-cat

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: hers her she
« Reply #12551 on: May 15, 2018, 07:47:11 AM »
Wow I just spent a week going through this entire thread...there’s so much amazing art! Every single piece is so great. Complements to everyone who contributed fanart at some point! I’ve got some little ssss doodles I might put here at some point, but who knows if/when I will since I don’t have any way set up to post them (motivation to finally get a tumblr, perhaps?)

Welcome! I hope you will decide to share your work with us, more contributions to this thread are always welcome! ^^

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #12552 on: May 15, 2018, 07:50:40 AM »
Wavewright, good to see Onni in time to play a lullaby before all the lost go home to rest. I do love his cheerful attitude and body language here :-)

For those who haven't seen it on my tumblr, I made this for Laufeys birthday:
It's her OC Þórhildur Jónsdóttir, icelandic captain in a story set in year 77. And I imagined her taking a trip to Norway, and being really good at finding lost children, in particular the generals' red-haired daughter.

I love everything about this picture! What a good idea and execution. Good job Unlos (and Laufey for creating Þórhildur)!

Noxyoursox

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Snow Cat, a species long thought nonsensical
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #12553 on: May 18, 2018, 03:07:49 PM »
Lalli has a very relatable moment with a certain Dessert Cake in recent-ish pages and I needed to doodle (I seem to remember Onni having a similar moment involving dream-cake so I might do one for him if I get the energy):
I came in the blue light
Just before dawn
To speckle with pawprints
Your snow-covered lawn

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #12554 on: May 18, 2018, 11:37:28 PM »
Lalli has a very relatable moment with a certain Dessert Cake...

*nods approvingly* Terribly relatable, yes! I like the way you worked the shading, it looks very nice!!
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa: