Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2473325 times)

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #12330 on: November 01, 2017, 04:31:05 AM »

Lalli works at a national park while Emil is trying hard to become an influental person on social media (unsuccessfully). Though his video of baby lynxes goes viral.

Thank you for this lovely image of Lalli, Emil and their children. What a happy family.

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #12331 on: November 01, 2017, 07:02:24 AM »
The thought of Trond writing out a nine-page "at your own risk" contract cracked me up. Nice drawings all!
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #12332 on: November 01, 2017, 03:56:13 PM »
First off, I love the new arts that has come since I last posted here! Windy, Wavewright and Helia, congratulations on completing Inktober and a large thank you for providing so much beautiful , inspiring and funny art! Johannabelle - Reynir, the ghosts and Sleipnope are beautiful and creepy in a way very fitting for Halloween. And Gwenno, it is super nice to see art from you again - I've missed your energy and atmospheric drawings. (Gwenno art! Gwenno art! Yay!) I love how Tuuri the pirate is throwing herself into the Halloween games, while her timid cousin is skeptic to the water. And just exactly what has ended up in that pumpkin? (A rat beast? Oh no, this means Tuuri can't play! No?)

I didn't follow all the Inktober prompts either, but took inspiration from them when I couldn't think of anything else to draw (like Kitty). I managed to make one inked drawing every day, and am very pleased with that. A little slowing down of the pace now will be good though. Here are my inktober drawings from ssssverse:

First some more of the characters dressed up for Halloween: Sigrun is such an obvious pirate to me. Lalli isCatboy from PJmasks, taking inspiration from a kids tv show. Emil is dressed as a vampire (Many vampire costumes are just really fancy dress and a pair of canine teeth and I imagine this would appeal to Emil). Then Kitty, and a really lazy Sigrun doodle because that was all I managed that day. Finally, hand drawing and watercolor practice, Emil and Lalli holding hands.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 04:31:41 PM by Unlos »

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12333 on: November 01, 2017, 05:46:22 PM »
Lovely art, everyone! Inktober seems to have brought out the best in our wonderful artists!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12334 on: November 01, 2017, 05:52:34 PM »
Lovely art, everyone! Inktober seems to have brought out the best in our wonderful artists!

With some exceptions *glances at own art*

But yes, wonderful art everyone! Appreciation cookies to all you talented artists! ♥
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #12335 on: November 01, 2017, 07:23:45 PM »
Róisín is right, there's so much amazing inktober art here!
Also, I doodled Emil the other night:
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Grey-cat2

• DeviantArt
  • Formerly Grey-Cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12336 on: November 02, 2017, 09:34:12 AM »

Lol, is it just me, or does this look oddly sinister? XD

Great job either way, I love the colors! ^^
Commonly tries to learn a new language after reading foreign webcomics (commonly fails)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #12337 on: November 02, 2017, 09:41:16 AM »
Also, I doodled Emil the other night:

Lol, is it just me, or does this look oddly sinister? XD

THE CAKE IS A LIE  O_O  ;)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12338 on: November 02, 2017, 05:50:06 PM »
Nice Halloween pics, Unlos! Of course Emil would choose a fancy vampire costume :)
Tr - what a cool Emil. The best time to enjoy your cake is when buildings are on fire.

I have a couple of more drawings from inktober. I haven't realized I made this much SSSS fanart until now, but oh well...
A worried Siv, sad and tired Emil and Sigrun:

and some of the parents:
Jukka & Juha Hotakainen, Sigriður Jónsdóttir  and Helga Västerström

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #12339 on: November 02, 2017, 05:54:53 PM »
Thank you Wavewright, Helia and Unlos for your kind comments, and don't worry Unlos, that's just regular sticky pumpkin guts Lalli is cleaning out there. I was just a bit too lazy to draw pumpkin insides as anything other than gloop :P but it makes me really happy that you always pay attention to the little stories in the pictures ^_^

Helia - That is a delightfully charming series of images. I think the Mikkel one is my favourite however. I can well imagine why he has that smug smile on his face.... aaaaaand, you just posted a whole bunch more amazing things while I was typing!!!!!!! I especially love the worried Siv. You really captured the emotion well

Unlos - Yayyyy! More Halloween costumes  :)) Exactly what one needs to have an excellent day! I'm also excited to see you working with watercolours, and am hoping there will be more coming along in the future  ;D

Tr - That is the most intense cake eating I've seen in a long time. I would not get in the way of that man and his cake  O_o no siree!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Lyric

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12340 on: November 03, 2017, 04:21:02 PM »
/Tiptoes into the forum

What kind of owl is Onni's Luonto again? I'm sloooowly getting back into art, and fan art ideas are brewing over here. ;3
Native: :usa:
Learning: :mexico: :japan:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #12341 on: November 03, 2017, 04:31:28 PM »
Thank you, Gwenno and Helia :-)
Helia and Tr, lovely drawings!

/Tiptoes into the forum

What kind of owl is Onni's Luonto again? I'm sloooowly getting back into art, and fan art ideas are brewing over here. ;3

Eurasian Eagle Owl.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #12342 on: November 03, 2017, 04:36:06 PM »
What kind of owl is Onni's Luonto again?
It hasn't exactly been nailed down once and for all, but the majority of votes goes to the Eurasian eagle-owl.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Lyric

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12343 on: November 03, 2017, 05:01:44 PM »
Thank you so much, guys! :D
Native: :usa:
Learning: :mexico: :japan:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12344 on: November 03, 2017, 05:49:17 PM »
Thank you so much, guys! :D
Looking forward to seeing your work!

Edit:  Here's me appending links to every single blimmin' InkTober I did this year, under spoilers to avoid viewer fatigue, and more for my ego me than any other reason.  Most of these were posted either here or in the InkTober 2017 thread, some of them have been cleaned up, but the WIPs haven't been finished at this point.
Spoiler: "cookies - ssss prompt" • show

Spoiler: "swift - official prompt" • show

Tuuri makes a decision.

Spoiler: "divided - official prompt" • show

The Quartet receives their profit payout - four coins.  This is an illustration from 'Stranded', featuring one of Reynir's sisters as the Nordic Council insurance adjuster making the award.

Spoiler: "poison - official prompt, language - ssss prompt" • show

Lalli makes his opinion about the food known, but Tuuri is only paraphrasing what he's saying (as usual).

Spoiler: "underwater - official prompt, troll - ssss prompt" • show

A sjødraug waits, but even when the sun hits her eyes, she can't remember just what she's waiting for.

Spoiler: "long - official prompt, ice - ssss prompt" • show

Teenaged Veeti Hollola longs for the ice cream he had in his childhood before the Rash came.

Spoiler: "sword - official prompt, fylgja - ssss prompt" • show

Mikkel is not a mage, he just has really weird dreams.  Who can tell why he's wearing an elven cloak?  Where are his pants?

Spoiler: "shy - official prompt, tuuri - ssss prompt" • show

Tuuri goes off to have a cry in her frustration at Onni, and her kicking of the log alarms the shy maahinen hiding there.

Spoiler: "screech - official prompt, ghost - ssss prompt" • show

The real (very silly) reason the ghosts of Amalienborg hated the crew.

Spoiler: "double image, gigantic - official prompt, valhalla - ssss prompt" • show

Sigrun finally dispatches a giant, but there is a cost.  She had just been entertaining the notion that perhaps maybe sorta kinda she was getting too old for troll-hunting.  She gets her answer as the Valkyries bring her to Valhalla, along with... the also valiant spirit of the giant, now freed from her undeath.

Spoiler: "lalli - ssss prompt" • show

Ensi has been questioning 5yo Tuuri to see if she has magical abilities like her 11yo brother, but 3yo Lalli chimes in to point out the obvious spirits right over there.  Tuuri cannot see them.
Still not happy with my rendition of Ensi's face, or the fact that I gave Tuulikki dark hair by mistake.  Ah well.

Spoiler: "run - official prompt, dream - ssss prompt" • show

Reynir runs through the dreamscape with a mysterious stranger - an illustration (WIP) from my own fic 'Stranded.'

Spoiler: "hair - ssss prompt" • show

Another illustration from 'Stranded', where Reynir keeps getting pranked by someone who weaves his hair into knots (and in this case, mittens) as he sleeps.

Spoiler: "fierce - official prompt, fire - ssss prompt" • show

Emil in the style of Rob Liefeld, complete with sparkly 'porcupine Rapunzel' hairstyle. Sorry not sorry.

Spoiler: "mysterious - official prompt, mikkel - ssss prompt" • show

I think this one is my favourite of the whole series.  Entitled "The Recruitment of Mikkel Madsen."  Just what mysterious dirt does Trond have on Mikkel?

Spoiler: "graceful - official prompt, tired - ssss prompt" • show

Kitty in repose.

Spoiler: "cloud - official prompt, sigrun - ssss prompt" • show

Dark thoughts finally have a chance to intrude, once Sigrun gets a chance to rest by the campfire.

Spoiler: "furious - official prompt, footprints - ssss prompt" • show

Naughty naughty Kisu.

Spoiler: "cold - ssss prompt" • show

Nobody laughs at Saku for saying he's dying when he catches a cold aboard the boat, quite the opposite actually.

Spoiler: "drift - ssss prompt" • show

A quickie - letting the pen drift as I thought about doing a portrait of Reynir with his hair loosened, and then liking the result on its own.

Spoiler: "blind - official prompt" • show

There are none so blind as they who will not see.  Mikkel sees the manifestation of the goddess Kokko but still scoffs at magic.

Spoiler: "squeak - official prompt, kitty - ssss prompt" • show

The mission cat is getting to be a great huntress.

Spoiler: "sweets - ssss prompt, emil - ssss prompt" • show

Sweets attract Hotakainens, wherever they are.  A cast of thousands, but I forgot to include Mikkel leading a cow through, like I'd threatened to in Disqus.  :P

Spoiler: "found - official prompt, united - official prompt" • show

A (meh, admittedly) concept for the two halves of the remaining party to find each other on a moonlit night.

Spoiler: "and last but not least, mask - official prompt, luonto - ssss prompt" • show

The big finish to InkTober - the crew enjoyed making the drawings of the kitty so much that they tried again with an evening of making masks of their luontos.  Mikkel huffed at the very notion of him having a luonto, and was even less impressed with Sigrun's hijacking of the brief to make a mask of his face.  Sigrun thinks she's hysterically funny.  Reynir has yet to discern that he forgot to put eyeholes in his.

Egad.  Maybe it's a good thing I couldn't make a new image every single day.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 02:12:51 AM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior