Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2473920 times)

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #12300 on: October 16, 2017, 05:00:13 PM »
Two more inktobers, Sigrun and Onni

I tend to finish these late at night and am to lazy to scan so the lighting does not really reflect that these are two pages of the same white sketchbook.

Wavewright, your inktobers are great, the Mikkel and Trond one especially. Mikkels past is just curiouser and curiouser.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:34:04 PM by Unlos »

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12301 on: October 16, 2017, 06:15:59 PM »
Wow, Unlos, I squeeed over the Onni but haven't seen Action Sigrun yet!  One of the positive effects of the InkTober is that I have become better at editing and uploading from my phone - not great, but better.  It took me a good week to realise that after I edited a photo and went to Share it, it would upload the unedited version!  I will eventually scan all of mine properly and sneak them into my tumblr and/or imgur.
Also - thank you for the kind words, I'm enjoying the challenge, and it's nice to know somebody else does too.  I'm avoiding cross-posting between here and the SSSS InkTober thread, but may post a spoilered compilation of the lot when it's all done.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 06:23:18 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12302 on: October 16, 2017, 07:12:28 PM »
Unlos, Action Sigrun and Brooding Onni are very well done.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #12303 on: October 17, 2017, 12:18:19 AM »
Awesome Sigrun and Onni, Unlos!

And so much great stuff from you lately, Windy, I especially like the Emil and Lalli in pretty dresses, thats always good. :3
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #12304 on: October 17, 2017, 06:47:34 AM »
Always good to see an action Sigrun!
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12305 on: October 17, 2017, 03:34:24 PM »
Not bringing an action-Sigrun, but Im bringing a Sigrunmon!

(for references, the last year one Sigrun is talking about is this one I drew on the last inktober day last year :P)

And so much great stuff from you lately, Windy, I especially like the Emil and Lalli in pretty dresses, thats always good. :3

awww, thank you! <3
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 03:37:43 PM by Windfighter »
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12306 on: October 17, 2017, 03:35:30 PM »
Bwahahahaha Windy! That is all.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
« Reply #12307 on: October 17, 2017, 04:39:11 PM »

Been working on some postcards. Some were more complete than others at the time of the photo; but they've all been posted now!

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #12308 on: October 17, 2017, 05:37:55 PM »
:O Such good postcards, Prallen! I like the borders, too. Now I know what that decorative tape I keep seeing in art supply shops is for.

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #12309 on: October 18, 2017, 05:18:42 AM »
You're hella good at decorating postcards @__@ It's very, very beautiful! And cool!
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12310 on: October 18, 2017, 06:01:03 AM »
Windy, those are funny and silly and fun!

Abprallen, your postcards are very art deco and pretty. I do like the little framed edges.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12311 on: October 20, 2017, 12:21:03 PM »
Have some weird Emils:

Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Glory

• DeviantArt
  • Learning to sketch. Slowly. Painfully.
« Reply #12312 on: October 21, 2017, 05:32:00 PM »
Another two-odd weeks worth:

I decided to include everything I drew, not just the best stuff, so criticism is very much welcome. I've been trying to get ink to work with the pencils I have, but with little luck - the .9mms I use just put down too much graphite at once for me to effectively manage. Plus, my sketchbook's paper tends to "absorb" lines really well after a short time - great for avoiding smudges, but really annoying if you try to erase them later to ink them in again. I'll try to use some of my .7mms - they tend to break a lot, but the lines they leave should be light enough to ink over. If this doesn't work, I'll just use ink from start to finish. I'm also messing about a little with my own style - I've started leaving hair "empty" rather than lining it in, and I quite like the effect.
Survived: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #12313 on: October 22, 2017, 10:16:44 AM »
Wavewright, Róisin, Luth, Lazy8, thank you! Glory, those are great! It is hard to see, are they done with pencil or ink? Prally, the glimpses of postcards (and the ones you've revealed) look absolutely lovely! Windy, you've been so productive this month, several drawings per day, right? I think I've mentioned it already, but I like the Emil as Jack Frost very much, he's got a really nice pose!
More inktober drawings from me:

When I asked for requests to catch up on inktober, Windy suggested Emil taking Chtulhound and ceiling-pug for a walk. I think Ceiling-pug can walk itself, but Chtulhound is super happy to have a walkie!

Some spoilered, mildly shippy stuff, at least it can be interpreted as such (Sigrun/Tuuri for Elleth and Sigrun/Siv for kainoliero)
Spoiler: show
Sigrun and Siv belongs in a modern day AU where Siv is gloomily convinced she failed her latest exam. Sigrun works as a tour guide for people going on long hikes/rafting or something of that sort.

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12314 on: October 22, 2017, 11:53:53 AM »
When I asked for requests to catch up on inktober, Windy suggested Emil taking Chtulhound and ceiling-pug for a walk. I think Ceiling-pug can walk itself, but Chtulhound is super happy to have a walkie!

It's just... really great. Chtulhund alwasy was one of the saddest "characters" of the story, and any art when he is alive and happy (even in his monster-form) is very heartwarming.  ^-^