Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 401081 times)

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #570 on: July 20, 2015, 10:25:21 AM »
I know, right? I mean my sketch was based on Piney's drawings to begin with, so that's a very interesting evolution. I'm tempted to do more art swaps with people.

ooOOO WEBCOMIC?? !!!

also mask girl reminds me of my kinda long history of drawing fanart of girls with knives or swords

HEY DOES ANYONE WANNA SEE MY OLD FANARTS
Spoiler: snip for length • show

here's Jasmine from Deltora Quest

ARCANINE

Fullmetal Alchemist/Game of Thrones crossover: Olivier Armstrong as lord commander of the Wall

Armin from Shingeki no Kyojin

i still have spots of red ink on my desk from drawing this

THIS HAS BEEN ANOTHER OLD ART SPAM FROM YOURS TRULY
I think I've produced the same amount of SSSS fanart as I have non-SSSS fanart o____o
You should, the result was really really neat :D

Yup~! I've had it in my head for four years, but kinda put it on hold because of uni and art inconsistencies. Now I'm getting comfortable art-wise, so I'll sit down and actually write down the story synopsis as soon as school is over here in Japan (3 weeks!) :D

Deltora Quest?? *fangirls* She's beautiful, but very un-Haiz-y =O
Arcanine?! *fangirls even harder* That magestic fluff >w>
OLIVIER!! *FANGIRLING SO HARD* HOW HAVE I NOT MADE THIS CONNECTION??! That uniform was made for her!!
And then SnK as well?! *faints*

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #571 on: July 20, 2015, 01:38:16 PM »
More masks ! :D
Good job, both of you !

Thanks! ^-^

Wow, this turned out really nicely! I thought it looked a little different from your usual pieces because of the face, but it still fitted so well into your style that I wouldn't have guessed Haiz drew the sketch O_o

Thank you! I think I can make most things look like my style if I just line & color them the same way, idk. (Rule of thumb: if the person has lips, I didn't draw it) :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #572 on: July 20, 2015, 01:51:59 PM »
Piney: Eeee! More mask persons! It turned out pretty well :D I want to know more about these OCs of you ~
Haiz:  Those old fanarts are awesome! I really do love the Pokemon ones :) The Discord one is 20% cooler pretty cool. I mean, look at the anatomy! A draconequus is really hard to draw to be honest
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #573 on: July 21, 2015, 10:03:21 AM »
Thanks! ^-^

Thank you! I think I can make most things look like my style if I just line & color them the same way, idk. (Rule of thumb: if the person has lips, I didn't draw it) :P
I guess you could, but even looking at Haiz' sketch it was leaning towards your style. I think it might just be the general shapes of the face and eyes that does it? :P The nose and lips were the things that made it look different.

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #574 on: July 21, 2015, 10:14:03 AM »
I guess you could, but even looking at Haiz' sketch it was leaning towards your style. I think it might just be the general shapes of the face and eyes that does it? :P The nose and lips were the things that made it look different.

Ha, really? The eyes and face shape in particular looked different to me. (more defined chin, pointed non-oval eyes) But I mean, really everything about the head is different than how I would've drawn it. ::)

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #575 on: July 21, 2015, 10:21:31 AM »
Ha, really? The eyes and face shape in particular looked different to me. (more defined chin, pointed non-oval eyes) But I mean, really everything about the head is different than how I would've drawn it. ::)
I agree that they are different, but they still felt like they fitted into your style. Maybe that's just me :)

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #576 on: July 21, 2015, 10:23:09 AM »
well, I DID draw her after Piney's drawings, but in my opinion I drew her very much in my style. That said, that Jasmine drawing is also very much my style. I guess it differs quite a bit from my SSSS fanarts and maybe even recent art, but I guess you gotta trust me when I say it's not un-haizy at all^^"

.....actually, thinking about it, of all the fanarts I posted, Jasmine, Hubaira, and Meera Reed are the only ones who are purely based on a book description. All the other drawings are my versions of either illustrations or cartoons or something

also thanks for your comments!!
you'll know where to find me.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #577 on: July 21, 2015, 10:29:51 AM »
well, I DID draw her after Piney's drawings, but in my opinion I drew her very much in my style. That said, that Jasmine drawing is also very much my style. I guess it differs quite a bit from my SSSS fanarts and maybe even recent art, but I guess you gotta trust me when I say it's not un-haizy at all^^"

.....actually, thinking about it, of all the fanarts I posted, Jasmine, Hubaira, and Meera Reed are the only ones who are purely based on a book description. All the other drawings are my versions of either illustrations or cartoons or something

also thanks for your comments!!
Ehhh?? *hides in embarassment* I guess I'm too used to your SSSS fanart style then :P and I guess the traditional coloring helped to throw me off ^^'

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #578 on: July 21, 2015, 10:31:08 AM »
Ehhh?? *hides in embarassment* I guess I'm too used to your SSSS fanart style then :P and I guess the traditional coloring helped to throw me off ^^'
haha, no worries! It's nice to know my art style is diverse. and yes, my poor poor dying tria markers... may they rest in peace...

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #579 on: July 21, 2015, 10:36:31 AM »

Ah don't worry! I'd always notice any differences from my style immediately, because I know it the best. And I wouldn't say mone and Haiz's sketching styles are terribly different anyway.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #580 on: July 21, 2015, 10:45:16 AM »
haha, no worries! It's nice to know my art style is diverse. and yes, my poor poor dying tria markers... may they rest in peace...
I guess the art I've seen from you before is more roundish? I think Armin looked very different as well ^w^ I liked your traditional coloring though, especially the skin and hair looked good :)

Ah don't worry! I'd always notice any differences from my style immediately, because I know it the best. And I wouldn't say mone and Haiz's sketching styles are terribly different anyway.
Yeah, I just assumed you were trying something new :P I guess they are kind of are, since they blended together really nicely.

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #581 on: July 21, 2015, 11:23:33 AM »
I guess the art I've seen from you before is more roundish?
i went to look at my art tag chronologically to see what my style has looked like but then I got stuck browsing through all 51 pages of it... the SSSS fanart doesn't even start before page 36... ha.... ha ha...........

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #582 on: July 21, 2015, 03:37:39 PM »
my art tag chronologically

Bloody hell
All is hella awesome
How
All I know is that my old fanart where balls with a strange half body and raptor claws.
the owl city and ylvis one is killing me
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Latiep

• Gets distracted by EVERYTHING. Lurks in spare time
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #583 on: July 21, 2015, 07:55:50 PM »
I totally recognized Hugh Laurie.  Keep going!  :)

I too recognized Hugh Laurie on sight!

Recognized him immediately! :D

Yay! I can draw recognizable faces!  ;D
Apparently everyone recognized Hugh Laurie on site except me  ???
I didn't even know he was an actor when I drew him. I just grabbed a picture off the internet to draw  :P
Native :usa:
Learning :norway:
Is planning on learning :iceland:
Knows a bit of :france:
Knows tidbits of :germany:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #584 on: July 22, 2015, 07:51:26 AM »
i went to look at my art tag chronologically to see what my style has looked like but then I got stuck browsing through all 51 pages of it... the SSSS fanart doesn't even start before page 36... ha.... ha ha...........
Woah, there's so much diversity in your characters :D I think the way you draw SSSS art has also changed quite a bit! ^w^

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3