Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404453 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #555 on: July 17, 2015, 03:46:48 AM »
I did something with one of my Inktober pieces:

(well, actually two *points to avatar*)
I like your creatures a lot !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #556 on: July 17, 2015, 06:31:40 AM »

Wow, nice flickering effect. It works well. Your new avatar looks great, too. :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #557 on: July 17, 2015, 10:42:34 AM »
I have not been drawing nearly as much as I should be, but here's a portrait of my cousin. (Isn't she pretty? I wasn't really able to do her justice, but overall I'm happy with how it turned out.)
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #558 on: July 17, 2015, 10:48:11 AM »

Oh, these look really cool :D I like the animation!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Latiep

• Gets distracted by EVERYTHING. Lurks in spare time
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #559 on: July 17, 2015, 02:11:10 PM »
I've been practicing drawing people and faces recently and I managed to draw some relatively decent material, so I thought I would share it with you guys!

First, here is a smug looking renaissance dude:

And then here is my attempt at a quick portrait sketch:

based off of this grumpy looking person:

I'm still having a bit of trouble with face feature placement and sizing as you can tell, but I am slowly improving  ;D

EDIT:
Oh and I almost forgot! Here is a cloudscape I painted!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:10:47 PM by Latent Leprechaun »
Native :usa:
Learning :norway:
Is planning on learning :iceland:
Knows a bit of :france:
Knows tidbits of :germany:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #560 on: July 18, 2015, 06:58:40 PM »
I've been practicing drawing people and faces recently and I managed to draw some relatively decent material, so I thought I would share it with you guys!

>snip!<

>snip!<
I'm still having a bit of trouble with face feature placement and sizing as you can tell, but I am slowly improving  ;D
>snip!<

I totally recognized Hugh Laurie.  Keep going!  :)
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #561 on: July 19, 2015, 12:07:50 AM »
I have not been drawing nearly as much as I should be, but here's a portrait of my cousin. (Isn't she pretty? I wasn't really able to do her justice, but overall I'm happy with how it turned out.)

Good job! The proportions are really nice, and that's always so difficult to do properly. :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #562 on: July 20, 2015, 02:34:47 AM »
Haiz sent me some sketches, so I turned one into an art collab and inked & colored it:

(original sketch)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #563 on: July 20, 2015, 02:39:45 AM »
Haiz sent me some sketches, so I turned one into an art collab and inked & colored it:

(original sketch)
AAAAAAAAAAA IT LOOKS SO COOL!!! i never thought of this but this is a great idea O: O: O:
*claps hand like a happy seal*

oh and it's been a while since I commented in this thread... Leprechaun, I too recognized Hugh Laurie on sight! and the landscape is really cool. RTR, that turned out super nice O: your cousin is indeed pretty. Alethryia: eee old sketchbooks! Maybe I'll do an old sketchbook-spam when I get home, ha... mithrysc: eeee I love your inky creatures so much O: i too was wondering if the avatar used to be animated or not, ha... AquaAurion: oooh are those OCs
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 02:43:36 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #564 on: July 20, 2015, 02:56:22 AM »
AAAAAAAAAAA IT LOOKS SO COOL!!! i never thought of this but this is a great idea O: O: O:
*claps hand like a happy seal*

"I really really how that face looks on her... I must immortalize it!" <-- My thought process
Parts of it were particularly hard, like the hands, but I didn't put as much effort into the bottom half of her body anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh, and my tablet pen conked out before I could finish this, so all the coloring was done with my finger, freckles included. The line editing/smoothing/cleanup/whatever was also done with the trackpad, and ow my fingers.

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #565 on: July 20, 2015, 02:58:06 AM »
"I really really how that face looks on her... I must immortalize it!" <-- My thought process
Parts of it were particularly hard, like the hands, but I didn't put as much effort into the bottom half of her body anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh, and my tablet pen conked out before I could finish this, so all the coloring was done with my finger, freckles included. The line editing/smoothing/cleanup/whatever was also done with the trackpad, and ow my fingers.
hahaha yeah sorry about the hands... I didn't think about inking opportunities so I made them as sketch-vague as possible to avoid having to deal with... anatomy *shivers*
and augh colouring with a trackpad... been there, done that.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #566 on: July 20, 2015, 03:04:05 AM »
hahaha yeah sorry about the hands... I didn't think about inking opportunities so I made them as sketch-vague as possible to avoid having to deal with... anatomy *shivers*
and augh colouring with a trackpad... been there, done that.

Heh, it's not your fault, I do it too :P Sketching and erasing a hand a million times because of anatomy problems is just a lot easier for me on the computer. (but like for this one, I didn't want to try to hard and add too much detail that wasn't there. And also I already struggle with drawing hands holding things)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #567 on: July 20, 2015, 04:12:13 AM »

(original sketch)
More masks ! :D
Good job, both of you !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #568 on: July 20, 2015, 06:08:23 AM »

Recognized him immediately! :D

(original sketch)
Wow, this turned out really nicely! I thought it looked a little different from your usual pieces because of the face, but it still fitted so well into your style that I wouldn't have guessed Haiz drew the sketch O_o

AquaAurion: oooh are those OCs
Yes! They're two (out of four) of the main characters in a webcomic I want to make ^w^

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #569 on: July 20, 2015, 08:19:28 AM »
Wow, this turned out really nicely! I thought it looked a little different from your usual pieces because of the face, but it still fitted so well into your style that I wouldn't have guessed Haiz drew the sketch O_o

Yes! They're two (out of four) of the main characters in a webcomic I want to make ^w^
I know, right? I mean my sketch was based on Piney's drawings to begin with, so that's a very interesting evolution. I'm tempted to do more art swaps with people.

ooOOO WEBCOMIC?? !!!

also mask girl reminds me of my kinda long history of drawing fanart of girls with knives or swords

HEY DOES ANYONE WANNA SEE MY OLD FANARTS
Spoiler: snip for length • show

here's Jasmine from Deltora Quest

Camicazi from How To Traing Your Dragon

.....this one is really old but it's Hubaira from The Thin Executioner, by Darren Shan

Gravity Falls meets Theodor Kittelsen

Flame Princess from Adventure Time

N Harmonia and Reshiram from Pokemon White (i've got pokemon black but i like reshiram ok)

Spoiler: show

discord from my little pony..........

ARCANINE

Fullmetal Alchemist/Game of Thrones crossover: Olivier Armstrong as lord commander of the Wall

A song of ice and fire: Daenerys + Khal Drogo, Meera Reed

Armin from Shingeki no Kyojin

i still have spots of red ink on my desk from drawing this

Nico di Angelo from Heroes of Olympus, spoiler for House of Hades, disney crossover
Spoiler: show

ridiculous Pokemon Black/White and Tangled crossover

THIS HAS BEEN ANOTHER OLD ART SPAM FROM YOURS TRULY
I think I've produced the same amount of SSSS fanart as I have non-SSSS fanart o____o