Author Topic: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club  (Read 81670 times)

Aprillen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Grade D Human
Re: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club
« Reply #195 on: April 14, 2015, 10:55:12 AM »
Okay I feel like I'm cheating a bit here. I have a pair of needles that are connected each other by a clear fishing line thing. The needles them selves are only a little longer than my closed hand. I tried the set I bought but I couldn't do it.
I knit almost everything with circular needles. Even socks and mittens -- with 100 or 120 cm cables, using the "magic loop" method. So much easier (and more portable) than using a set of dpns.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:07:18 AM by Aprillen »
Native language: :se: Fluent in: :gb: Can fake it in: :no:  :dk: Very badly: :fr: :es:

Chapter break survivor:
:artd:

:book1+:
:book2:
:book3:
:book4:
:A2chap01:

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #196 on: April 14, 2015, 10:57:21 AM »
Circular needles are great! I have an interchangable set that I do most of my knitting on.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Aprillen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Grade D Human
« Reply #197 on: April 14, 2015, 11:07:00 AM »
Circular needles are great! I have an interchangable set that I do most of my knitting on.
Yeah, a set of KnitPro exchangeables are on my wish list!
Native language: :se: Fluent in: :gb: Can fake it in: :no:  :dk: Very badly: :fr: :es:

Chapter break survivor:
:artd:

:book1+:
:book2:
:book3:
:book4:
:A2chap01:

mamioja

• Just another labrat
« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2015, 01:45:10 PM »
I´m finally able to show you an update on my fan-quilt-project, too. I´m ... well let´s say content with the result. There was a big flaw in my template which I recognized too late and I am not sure about the colouring... but I think he is recognizable at least. Everyone who can tell me the page from which I took the original picture gets a cookie :)

The picture is very recognizable and I`ll help myself with a cookie, thank you.
What program did you use for the picture? I have been looking at some free ones at net..

[

And now the really difficult part starts: fumbling all the paper out of the backside...

I hope you remembered to use a very short stitch!

When life gives you scraps make a quilt

survival :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:

Fluent in :finland: :uk:
Can get by :sweden:
Lost in time :germany:  :france:  :spain:  :russia:

Lived in :canada: :finland: :australia:

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2015, 04:53:30 AM »
The picture is very recognizable and I`ll help myself with a cookie, thank you.
What program did you use for the picture? I have been looking at some free ones at net..

I hope you remembered to use a very short stitch!

Yes, a very short stitch, which is why it´s such a pain to get the paper out. There is a method of using diaper-fleece instead of the paper, maybe I´ll try this with the next one.
I use the free program QuiltAssistent, you can find it on this homepage: http://www.cosman.nl.
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2015, 02:27:10 PM »

I´ve never seen anything like that! It looks very cool and fitting for your mug.
I wonder if I could crochet something similar...
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Stefanyeah

« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2015, 03:56:20 PM »
Ok, managed to take a few photos of the sweater as it looks worn. I'm still considering crocheting around the hem...

Sorry about the awkward pose. I took the photos with a selftimer and I was turning too soon. :D I didn't get a good one of the front, alas, and I still have to figure out just how the fastening in the front is supposed to work.

Also now I'm thinking I could have made it even wider for even more folds, because Braidy's cloak-thing really looks full at the back. Hmmm... I could maybe knit extra side pieces and just add them on the side seams... or maybe I'll just start by making the set of clothes that goes under the cloak and see how that affects the look. This project may eventually turn into a cosplay.

Been linked from the Disqus comments when expressing my yearning for Reynir's coat. This is most amazing and it even falls in the same way. *bows-in-amazement*

This whole thread makes me want to pick up the crochet hook again or try to learn knitting again. So many great things in here.
:germany: native
:uk: fluent
:netherlands: rusty

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2015, 04:16:33 PM »
This whole thread makes me want to pick up the crochet hook again or try to learn knitting again. So many great things in here.

Thank you! Also yesssss join us in this madness (so I can pretend I'm not obsessed or anything).
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #203 on: April 15, 2015, 04:32:00 PM »
Thank you! Also yesssss join us in this madness (so I can pretend I'm not obsessed or anything).

I totally didn't start this scarf two days ago, it's totally not almost as long as my arm. I totally didn't just learn to knitt. . .I think I learn too quickly.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Stefanyeah

« Reply #204 on: April 15, 2015, 04:39:24 PM »

Would give me more projects for my way to work. First crochet hooks and re-freshing. I don't know how many years ago I had one of those in my hands last. :O
Also, the real question is, will I ever finish anything I start?
:germany: native
:uk: fluent
:netherlands: rusty

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #205 on: April 15, 2015, 06:04:54 PM »
I totally didn't start this scarf two days ago, it's totally not almost as long as my arm. I totally didn't just learn to knitt. . .I think I learn too quickly.
If you don't start to buy wool by "yes, but the color was so lovely, I've take six ball of them, I'm sure I'll find the perfect project for it later", you can still be saved ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #206 on: April 15, 2015, 07:37:53 PM »
If you don't start to buy wool by "yes, but the color was so lovely, I've take six ball of them, I'm sure I'll find the perfect project for it later", you can still be saved ^^
I've already done that.' Oh discount expensive yarn? Super soft? Heck yeah I'll take it!' I also do that with fabric, paint, canvas, any other craft stuff.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #207 on: April 15, 2015, 07:50:42 PM »

I don't do that! (Totally has a hoard of sock yarn because all you need is 4 oz/100 g for a pair....And the color was pretty....)
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2015, 08:09:43 PM »
I can sort of knit but I kinda stink. I can do one line(is that what you call it?) , I used to be able to do more, but that was two years ago. (get with the program, me!)
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2015, 08:53:06 AM »
I've already done that.' Oh discount expensive yarn? Super soft? Heck yeah I'll take it!' I also do that with fabric, paint, canvas, any other craft stuff.

I don't do that! (Totally has a hoard of sock yarn because all you need is 4 oz/100 g for a pair....And the color was pretty....)

Well... *Look at her drawer full of wool and some few fabrics* Maybe we're already lost and should consider taking part to what Laufey call "this madness" ? ^^°
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: