Author Topic: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club  (Read 81679 times)

Nietos

Re: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club
« Reply #465 on: February 27, 2016, 10:14:47 PM »
I hope this is the right place to show off the doggysuit I knitted for my dog a while ago.

I've never knitted a sweater (or anything larger than socks for that matter) for a human being, but I could make one of these doggysuits in my sleep :')

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #466 on: February 27, 2016, 10:48:03 PM »
I hope this is the right place to show off the doggysuit I knitted for my dog a while ago.

I've never knitted a sweater (or anything larger than socks for that matter) for a human being, but I could make one of these doggysuits in my sleep :')

That is adorable!! Now I kinda wonder about a cabled SSSS logo or Hannu's sign.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Nietos

« Reply #467 on: February 28, 2016, 03:09:50 AM »
That is adorable!! Now I kinda wonder about a cabled SSSS logo or Hannu's sign.
That's something I've been thinking about, too. I'd really like to make something with the SSSS logo but I'm bad at stranded knitting.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #468 on: February 28, 2016, 03:36:25 AM »

This is super cute and the cable knit looks wonderful! Humans sweaters are knit pretty much the same way, you just position the sleeves on the sides.  :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #469 on: February 28, 2016, 10:10:15 AM »
That's something I've been thinking about, too. I'd really like to make something with the SSSS logo but I'm bad at stranded knitting.
Well, there's of course the alternative of going down the mixed materials route and adding a bunch of rib-legs. >:D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #470 on: February 28, 2016, 11:12:42 AM »
Nietos - cute! Both the dog and the dogsuit :)

Well, there's of course the alternative of going down the mixed materials route and adding a bunch of rib-legs. >:D

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #471 on: March 02, 2016, 02:26:18 AM »
So I just wanted to pop in and say I've graduated from the Garter stitch,and the stockinette stitch, to basket weave. Current project; baby blanket.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

SilverTiger

• Preferred pronouns: they
« Reply #472 on: March 30, 2016, 04:54:20 AM »
/slides in here/ oooh, knitting thread excellent. I have yet to do anything but knit scarves, but I have by this point in time knitted three full Fourth Doctor scarves (one of them was actually the right colors and to the proper pattern, too!) and I think that's pretty good myself.

I've also knitted other very long scarves just because I could or I found the patterns particularly soothing.

Fleetfoot

• Super-Newbie
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his, they/them/theirs
« Reply #473 on: April 15, 2016, 08:06:18 AM »
\0/ I am so loosing my cool with excitement at this thread because everyone is so darn talented!!
It definitely makes me want to design some cool crochet/knitting thing to join the craft party!

Semi-related, since in reading through this thread I saw some mentions of beginner weaving, does anyone have good basic resources that they could share with me? I've been very interested for a while, but haven't made any concrete steps towards any specific direction because a) money is tight and b) I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to weaving.
Fluent: :uk:/:usa:, :france:
Conversational: :spain:
Beginner: :japan:
Want to learn: :sign:

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #474 on: April 17, 2016, 10:04:09 PM »
/slides in here/ oooh, knitting thread excellent. I have yet to do anything but knit scarves, but I have by this point in time knitted three full Fourth Doctor scarves (one of them was actually the right colors and to the proper pattern, too!) and I think that's pretty good myself.

I've also knitted other very long scarves just because I could or I found the patterns particularly soothing.

I commend you for having done that. I'm 3/4 of the way done with a mini Fourth scarf (season 12) and I long for it to be done. (Mini as in it is knit in fingering weight instead of worsted/aran and I adjusted the stitches from being 60 st wide to 40 st.)

\0/ I am so loosing my cool with excitement at this thread because everyone is so darn talented!!
It definitely makes me want to design some cool crochet/knitting thing to join the craft party!

Semi-related, since in reading through this thread I saw some mentions of beginner weaving, does anyone have good basic resources that they could share with me? I've been very interested for a while, but haven't made any concrete steps towards any specific direction because a) money is tight and b) I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to weaving.

For weaving, I can look around. One of the more affordable ways of getting into weaving are inkle looms or rigid heddle looms. Those might be some places to start.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #475 on: April 17, 2016, 10:36:28 PM »
There are some good patterns for Finnish tablet weaving out on the internet. Google shelaghlewins.com for her article 'Tablet Weaving for Dark Age Re-enactors'. Sorry, I can't do links. Also look up 'Applesies and Fox Noses Finnish Tabletwoven Bands' by Maikki Karisto and Mervi Paoanen. And 'Tablet Weaving: Bear Tooth Braid from Kaarina burial site' which is on pinterest. There are lots of others.

I passed some of this on to a local weaver, one of the guys who runs our Mediaeval Fair, and he has been making them on a little simple loom he built, and they are beautiful.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
« Reply #476 on: June 07, 2016, 07:52:28 PM »
Wow, everything made here is wonderful! I feel so inspired to go take out my crochet/knitting supplies and make something SSSS related.
It would be a great way to spend my extra time and use up the... interesting yarn bits I have laying around.
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Native: :usa:
Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #477 on: June 08, 2016, 01:47:50 AM »
Wow, everything made here is wonderful! I feel so inspired to go take out my crochet/knitting supplies and make something SSSS related.
It would be a great way to spend my extra time and use up the... interesting yarn bits I have laying around.

Yup, it's a great way to spend an extra free time :)
And we need to stir up this therad and everyone's yarncrafter spirit!

I've just checked; yarnEmil, my first ever amigurumi was born a year ago (well, the anniversary was yesterday actually). I planned to make a tutorial available on ravelry for this occasion, but forgot , ups... I will upload it soon.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #478 on: June 08, 2016, 08:24:10 AM »
Helia, I will await your amigurumi tutorial! I'd love to be able to make yarnEmil and yarnLalli - I've admired yours since they first appeared.

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #479 on: June 08, 2016, 09:11:28 AM »
Helia, I will await your amigurumi tutorial! I'd love to be able to make yarnEmil and yarnLalli - I've admired yours since they first appeared.

Okay, before I find out how to add a pattern to ravelry, I can send you (and anyone who'd like to try it) the tutorial. Since I always make little changes on a whim when crocheting and this is my first tutorial it probably contains some mistakes. So I'd really appreciate all kinds of feedbacks and suggestions.