Author Topic: Comics by Minnions  (Read 23803 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: Comics by Minnions
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2020, 08:22:54 AM »
I hope he is okay.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2020, 08:59:48 AM »
Wow Alkia! I love the rain horses! Both the concept and the finished art. They are beautiful. The wind wolves are beautiful too, but the horses are outright lovely! Are they her imagination, or real for everyone in this world, or something else? I’m sure you won’t tell me at this point :) Also the cityscape panel is very good!

Good luck with your work!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2020, 12:36:23 PM »
Wow, looking really good, Alkia! Especially your backgrounds are so beautiful! XoX The entire aestetic is kinda giving me "Song of the Sea"-vibes (that´s a beautiful animated movie, if you don´t know it you should totally look it up!). Are the pages drawn digitally or traditionally?
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2020, 04:57:13 PM »
Whoops, should have replied here much earlier, but oh well (bad habit 😅).

Wow Alkia! I love the rain horses! Both the concept and the finished art. They are beautiful. The wind wolves are beautiful too, but the horses are outright lovely! Are they her imagination, or real for everyone in this world, or something else? I’m sure you won’t tell me at this point :) Also the cityscape panel is very good!

Good luck with your work!
Aaa, thank you!!! You noticed the three pages I spent longest on, I'm glad the work shows through :V. The wind wolves and rain horses (as well with some other nature/animal comparisons that'll come up later) are a concept I've had in my head for aaaages, so I'm happy you like them!!!! And yes, you're right, I shan't tell you the reality of these animal spirit things, but I will say that Sonya has a very active imagination :)

Wow, looking really good, Alkia! Especially your backgrounds are so beautiful! XoX The entire aestetic is kinda giving me "Song of the Sea"-vibes (that´s a beautiful animated movie, if you don´t know it you should totally look it up!). Are the pages drawn digitally or traditionally?
YEEESS I love that movie!!!! And The Secret of Kells (and I haven't watched it yet but a movie called "Wolfwalkers" by that studio that came out recently, have you heard of it?), you don't know how happy it makes me to be compared to that  ;D. As with all art, this comic is kind of a mish-mash of all my inspirations (Ghibli, Song of the Sea/The Secret of Kells, SSSS of course,
Nightlights/Hicotea, and more!)
To answer your question though, the pages are drawn traditionally and then edited a bit and assembled in webtoon format digitally. I think the biggest difficulty so far has been taking good pictures of the pages-- I really need to get my hands on a scanner!

Thank you all so much for your feedback!!
Also, as probably noticed, there's been no new pages in almost a month, bUT I plan to get on that soon and get it going again, though I can't make promises on a regular update schedule
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2020, 05:43:29 PM »
YEEESS I love that movie!!!! And The Secret of Kells (and I haven't watched it yet but a movie called "Wolfwalkers" by that studio that came out recently, have you heard of it?), you don't know how happy it makes me to be compared to that  ;D. As with all art, this comic is kind of a mish-mash of all my inspirations (Ghibli, Song of the Sea/The Secret of Kells, SSSS of course,
Nightlights/Hicotea, and more!)
To answer your question though, the pages are drawn traditionally and then edited a bit and assembled in webtoon format digitally. I think the biggest difficulty so far has been taking good pictures of the pages-- I really need to get my hands on a scanner!

"Song of the Sea" is probably one of my favourite animated movies ever! Sadly I didn´t get the chance to watch more than trailers from "Secret of Kells" and "Wolfwalkers" (for that last one it will probably stay that way since it was unfortunately released exclusively on a specific streaming platform from all I understood), but I just love the visuals in all of this studios´ movies!
The traditional drawing really adds to the athmosphere in your comic! But I know the pain with the taking pictures... I technically have a scanner, but its really old and produces weird smudges on the things it scans so I can´t use it for art.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Sol

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2023, 02:58:20 PM »
I recently finished the first chapter of the comic, STORM. I was working on it with my friend since January and so far it has one completed chapter. You can read it on:
https://stormcomic.neocities.org/
 I even have a fancy dancy website now :3

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2023, 03:27:20 AM »
I've been seeing this on the SSSS discord but hadn't got around to reading it yet - I'm so glad I read it now! I love your art style (fairly minimalistic black and white but the linework is beautiful and it's easy to read) and I also love how even in the first chapter I can feel a bit of tension building up (why are so many people leaving?)
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

lwise

• Scout
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2023, 11:18:20 AM »
I also liked the comic.  Eagerly waiting for more!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2023, 03:55:11 PM »
Yes, a great start, Sol!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Sol

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2023, 12:41:33 PM »
Hello! I'm back with a little announcement about the comic I'm illustrating, STORM
From now on the comic updates each Monday! Once I'm done with my finals I hope to post two or more pages per week. We will see;
The comic is available over here: https://stormcomic.neocities.org/

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2023, 07:58:48 PM »
Yay! I'll look forwards to checking it!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport