Author Topic: SSSS Memes/Edits Thread  (Read 573224 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: SSSS Memes/Edits Thread
« Reply #2160 on: March 24, 2016, 09:11:44 AM »
Emil more Golden Retriever, I think. They're less mad and more affectionate. (Have had an alarming experience of being lengthily sat on by a Rhodesian Ridgeback, which may possibly prejudice me against them). But I think Emil's sunny colouring and temperament are more Retriever.

Lalli, yeah, Akita or possibly Grey Wolf.

And Reynir as a cat? Certainly a Maine Coon.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2161 on: March 24, 2016, 09:48:52 AM »

I was just about to say that! Definitely a Maine Coon, they're giant and fluffy and adorable! :))

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to say so (in here) but congratulations on becoming a Safe Zone Citizen, tamaerchen! You actually have some congratulations and confetti waiting for you in the Promotions Thread, but I realized you may not have seen it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:52:00 AM by Kiraly »
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #2162 on: March 24, 2016, 04:10:10 PM »

Yeah I was about to say Ragdoll but those are way too.... chill to be Reynir
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #2163 on: March 24, 2016, 06:15:59 PM »
Emil more Golden Retriever, I think. They're less mad and more affectionate. (Have had an alarming experience of being lengthily sat on by a Rhodesian Ridgeback, which may possibly prejudice me against them). But I think Emil's sunny colouring and temperament are more Retriever.

My dog is part Rhodesian, part Staffie (we think?) and boy, does she lean on you. When you're sitting on the ground she puts her shoulder right up against yours and kind of slumps over. Whatever trauma you may have had to go through with a Rhodesian sitting on you, I'm sure your prejudice is well-founded
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Róisín

« Reply #2164 on: March 24, 2016, 07:41:00 PM »
It was definitely no fun! Many years ago, I was helping out a friend whose lifetime project was mapping the leys of Australia (which are sometimes but not always congruent with the songlines). Her technique was to walk over the land following said lines, sometimes with a dowsing rod, water-diviner style, sometimes just with her hands, marking up the results on her map as she went. Because some of the places she went were lonely and dangerous, and because she funded her half-years of mapping by a half-year of working on the prawn boats up north which wasn't a safe job either, she kept as a guard dog and companion animal this huge Rhodesian Ridgeback named Ruby.

She had asked me to come along on this particular trip because she was mapping the area around Hanging Rock, and both because she  felt it safer to have company there, and because I'm a very good camp cook, which she wasn't, I agreed to come along. The land there is quite strange, confused and tangled both geographically  and energetically, and the whole area was then far less settled than it now is.

Anyway, in the early afternoon she went off up the Rock to have a quick look at the area she would be covering the next day, and didn't come back. She had left the dog with me because she was only planning to be gone for half an hour, and at first I wasn't worried because she was competent in the bush and it was a bright sunny day, but as the afternoon went on I began to be concerned. The Rock is full of caves and fallen stones and slippery gravel slopes, also there are snakes, and so I set everything up for dinner and then went to follow her up the Rock. At which point the dog knocked me down and sat on me.

Ruby massed more than I did and it was all muscle, so there wasn't a lot I could do other than lie there under her and hope her boss came back soon. Every time I moved she would snarl a bit and bare her teeth at me, and settle down harder, not so much hostile as with the intent of keeping me there. Her boss had told her to look after me, and I suppose she thought that included preventing me from wandering off. Dogs! It got dark, then it got late.

Eventually Ruby's owner did come back, having spent many hours finding her way out of the cave she had climbed down into, by which point I was seriously considering that I might have to kill the dog to get away, which I didn't want to do. It was a thoroughly unpleasant experience, and quite put me off Ridgebacks.

OwlsG0

« Reply #2165 on: March 24, 2016, 07:46:47 PM »
Well that's one way to sour your opinion of a dog breed. Sounds pretty darned scary, actually.

Our dog, Rio, is just a bundle of love and friendship unless you're between her and a fence. She brings me socks when I come home and is afraid of my two kittens, and always greets strangers with a lick and a doggy smile.
I can't imagine her doing anything like that- but that's probably just down to personality. Good on you for remaining calm while presumably 100 kg of dog sat on you, anyway.
I saw the future.

Róisín

« Reply #2166 on: March 24, 2016, 09:16:46 PM »
Your dog sounds much nicer! Ruby wasn't an evil dog, just fanatically obedient to and protective of her human. But yeah, it was very scary.

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #2167 on: March 25, 2016, 01:18:51 AM »
Yeah, I think ridgebacks are very that way. They were bred as working/hunting dogs in Africa to ward off or actively hunt lions. My dog Duke (he's living with a family friend now) is only part ridgeback, and we aren't even sure how much of the breed is in him. He's a good boy, and very gentle for how big he is, and was basically friends with everything alive near his yard, but dumb as rocks.
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Róisín

« Reply #2168 on: March 25, 2016, 01:42:38 AM »
Ruby's owner mentioned the lion hunting thing, yeah. Which is likely part of why they are so fearless.

OwlsG0

« Reply #2169 on: March 25, 2016, 02:30:05 AM »
Ruby's owner mentioned the lion hunting thing, yeah. Which is likely part of why they are so fearless.

My dog missed out on the fearless gene. She runs from the yard when a plane goes overhead and sits on her butt when other dogs try to sniff her at the dog park.
I saw the future.

Stacy_S

« Reply #2170 on: March 25, 2016, 09:34:51 AM »
I’ve made this small collage according to 498 pg. And I like that it seems like Mikkel says “please” not the troll, but Sigrun. Like “C’mon girl, I know u can do it!”. P.S. it’s with a small Russian translation…

OwlsG0

« Reply #2171 on: March 25, 2016, 09:51:37 AM »
I’ve made this small collage according to 498 pg. And I like that it seems like Mikkel says “please” not the troll, but Sigrun. Like “C’mon girl, I know u can do it!”. P.S. it’s with a small Russian translation…

And just when we think this update could not get anymore heart-breaking, someone with photoshop wizardry proves us wrong.
To you, person, I doff my figurative hat
I saw the future.

Stacy_S

« Reply #2172 on: March 26, 2016, 07:51:17 AM »
And just when we think this update could not get anymore heart-breaking, someone with photoshop wizardry proves us wrong.
To you, person, I doff my figurative hat

Thank you, for those kind words

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #2173 on: March 26, 2016, 07:06:46 PM »
My first thought when seeing this panel... ::)

(just the cleaned pic is here)
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2174 on: March 26, 2016, 07:21:18 PM »
My first thought when seeing this panel... ::)

(just the cleaned pic is here)

YUS this is beautiful
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help