Author Topic: SSSS Memes/Edits Thread  (Read 573205 times)

Adriano

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • We are not in America
Re: SSSS Memes/Edits Thread
« Reply #1665 on: September 17, 2015, 03:46:22 PM »
Lalli is tired of snow...

Born to be Infected !
'Sometimes life is like getting clogged with a clog' - Wolfie.

:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:
Native : :france:
Fluent : :uk:
Knowing a bit : :germany: :portugal:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1666 on: September 17, 2015, 04:05:02 PM »

wonderful.

also, you know how you can change the voices in your GPS, like to sound like Yoda or other characters from TV? imagine setting it to Lalli

"don't take the weird road"
"cross the snake car"
"drive left from the thing"

... in finnish, of course
you'll know where to find me.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1667 on: September 17, 2015, 04:14:25 PM »
wonderful.

also, you know how you can change the voices in your GPS, like to sound like Yoda or other characters from TV? imagine setting it to Lalli

"cross the snake car"

I would totally opt for Lalli Mode in my GPS.  It would be useless for navigation, of course, but awesome all the same. 
Speaking of awesome...

"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1668 on: September 17, 2015, 04:34:01 PM »

"cross the snake car"

"Mrrrrrr .... At the next intersection, take a left and stop bothering me, let me sleep".

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #1669 on: September 17, 2015, 04:40:57 PM »
wonderful.

"cross the snake car"

I very much approve of this. ;D

"In 200 meters, turn left by that pile of cars."
"Lalli, I'm sorry for yelling at you for giving too vague directions... but please, stop now. This is getting ridiculous."
"Recalulating direction-giving."
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 04:45:44 PM by Eriaror »
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1670 on: September 17, 2015, 05:06:52 PM »
wonderful.

"cross the snake car"

OK SO FUNNY STORY ABOUT THAT

In late spring, when I had just decided I was going to try to learn Finnish, a certain someone took my phone and changed the language. And I couldn't figure out how to change it back. But eventually I just accepted it because yeah, it was good to see Finnish words on a daily basis.
Fast forward a month, and I have to drive a few towns over for a music performance. I had never been there, so of course I set my GPS. And everything's fine until it starts talking... in Finnish.
I had no idea what it was saying, and no time to change the language back, so I kinda just drove and took a guess as to which way it wanted me to turn every time. It was... an interesting challenge to say the least. But I did get to y performance in time, so I think it was a win!

Moral of the story: Don't set your GPS to another language unless you know the words for "left" and "right" :D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1671 on: September 17, 2015, 05:10:33 PM »

In late spring, when I had just decided I was going to try to learn Finnish, a certain someone took my phone and changed the language. And I couldn't figure out how to change it back. But eventually I just accepted it because yeah, it was good to see Finnish words on a daily basis.
Fast forward a month, and I have to drive a few towns over for a music performance. I had never been there, so of course I set my GPS. And everything's fine until it starts talking... in Finnish.
I had no idea what it was saying, and no time to change the language back, so I kinda just drove and took a guess as to which way it wanted me to turn every time. It was... an interesting challenge to say the least. But I did get to y performance in time, so I think it was a win!

Moral of the story: Don't set your GPS to another language unless you know the words for "left" and "right" :D

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *looks guilty*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

hav

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1672 on: September 17, 2015, 05:29:52 PM »

I've had my car GPS set to Finnish for years now!  :D Took me a while to learn the basics, but now I can tell the difference between "on the right" and "to the right" and stuff like that. When you hear "aja liikenne ympyrän ja ota toinen oikealle" every five minutes, you're bound to pick up things eventually. It also amuses guests when I use it! :D

Now a Lalli GPS? GIVE ME! "There are other ways, and I will find them right now!" instead of "laske uudelleen" (which I also hear every five minutes. :P ) Aaaaah! Yes please. :3

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1673 on: September 17, 2015, 05:36:34 PM »
I've had my car GPS set to Finnish for years now!  :D Took me a while to learn the basics, but now I can tell the difference between "on the right" and "to the right" and stuff like that. When you hear "aja liikenne ympyrän ja ota toinen oikealle" every five minutes, you're bound to pick up things eventually. It also amuses guests when I use it! :D

Your Finnish gps sounds so depressed or possibly bored with life, very accurate Finnish representation... the Norwegian one is hilarious though. ;D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1674 on: September 17, 2015, 05:38:23 PM »
When you hear "aja liikenne ympyrän ja ota toinen oikealle" every five minutes, you're bound to pick up things eventually. It also amuses guests when I use it! :D

Now a Lalli GPS? GIVE ME! "There are other ways, and I will find them right now!" instead of "laske uudelleen" (which I also hear every five minutes. :P ) Aaaaah! Yes please. :3

The endless repetition of "laske uudelleen" will be burned into my brain for years to come after driving around with you, I'll have you know. A Lalli-GPS would be much preferable. ... Except that it might lead us into strange and unexpected routes - I don't know mate, are you prepared to drive across snake-cars and who knows what else?!
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1675 on: September 17, 2015, 05:50:32 PM »
the Norwegian one is hilarious though. ;D

What does it sound like? I use the old mk.I paper map so I've never heard it.

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #1676 on: September 17, 2015, 05:53:43 PM »
*Chuckles* to a guy like Emil this kind of thing would probably be the most beautiful thing imaginable.
Especially, since it's chancey, that it was his fault hard work, that started it at the first place. :D

Adriano, Aierdome and Eriaror: now, that you created all that, it's also your responsibility to tell me how to fall asleep, while starting to chuckle in every few minutes. :P

"cross the snake car"

THESE. ARE. PERFECT.

(That reminds me, when - years ago, when the world was new, and smartphones were somewhat rarer, and you could find rather shi... interesting applications for them - we went to Gyál from Pest (South/East direction). Three people in the car, who had devices with GPS, or at least some kind of maps on them. Not long after turning on the things, according to one of them, we were near to Austria, and getting closer (we were teasing it's owner about him trying to lead us to Peking as prisoners of war, then ask for a ransom - I'm still not sure, if he was joking, or the program was really that bad). The other two were mostly right, except, that according to one of them, we were going under the Danube for kilometers. A re-start mostly solved that, though. The third one was almost right: it only miscalculated by about 500 meters. I don't even dare to mention, that we also played with a huge, old paper map. By the time we found out where we are on that, it turned out, that the guy, who was driving, knew the way all along, and had way too much fun.)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 06:01:18 PM by Sharion »
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

hav

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1677 on: September 17, 2015, 05:54:41 PM »
Your Finnish gps sounds so depressed or possibly bored with life, very accurate Finnish representation... the Norwegian one is hilarious though. ;D
The endless repetition of "laske uudelleen" will be burned into my brain for years to come after driving around with you, I'll have you know. A Lalli-GPS would be much preferable. ... Except that it might lead us into strange and unexpected routes - I don't know mate, are you prepared to drive across snake-cars and who knows what else?!

One amused guest, one traumatised. :D

I thought about it the other day... I'm kind of a scout at work, aren't I? Being a surveyor and all. I go places and make maps of what I find! So yeah, a Lalli GPS would be awesome. I've been led to weird weird places by it already.  :D

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #1678 on: September 17, 2015, 05:56:44 PM »
wonderful.

"cross the snake car"

"In 200 meters, turn left by that pile of cars."
"Lalli, I'm sorry for yelling at you for giving too vague directions... but please, stop now. This is getting ridiculous."
"Recalulating direction-giving."

Now I want this to be a thing XD
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Noxyoursox

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Snow Cat, a species long thought nonsensical
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1679 on: September 17, 2015, 09:13:35 PM »
I was just looking at this little guy I dug up (a Story of Seasons plush I named Mochi Bun), when it occured to me how much he resembles a certain Skald/Engineer...

Feel free to use if you want, I left the text boxes blank on purpose! :3
I came in the blue light
Just before dawn
To speckle with pawprints
Your snow-covered lawn