Author Topic: SSSS Memes/Edits Thread  (Read 573114 times)

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
Re: SSSS Memes/Edits Thread
« Reply #1381 on: August 04, 2015, 11:40:04 AM »
Sorry to be a bit of a killjoy here, but I'm feeling a little uncertain about the use of other people's fanart in edits. In general it's fine and there's likely no ill meaning behind doing so, but at least asking for permission first would be the polite thing to do. In fact whenever using other people's work it's good to ask their opinion first, possibly also their limits (as in whether there's something they really do not wish to see done with their work) regarding the matter if it isn't already stated clearly at some point.
YES.
THIS.

I would als to like to point out that this can apply to fanfiction - if you want to illustrate or draw a scene from someone's fanfic, or use their text in an edit, that is totally fine, IF you ask them first and you give a link back to the original work.

Actully, linking back should be standard practice. You want to make sure the source material gets as much attention as your piece does, that's only fair since you used it.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1382 on: August 04, 2015, 12:43:02 PM »
I didn't modify much on the original scene, so I think I should warn everyone: LoTR movie spoiler is coming. (Not, that it would be an important, story-changing moment.)

Spoiler: the face of emil is a liquid. Does that mean, that his face is a cat...? • show

...some time later...

Elf or not, I just can't imagine Lalli as one, who doesn't carry maps, because his pockets are already filled with his comb- and hairbrush collection.

TRUE BEAUTY
YES
CONTINUE

That is charming. Long hair does suit him well. Though I think he would have to tidy it away in some fashion for work, so as not to get tangled in bushes or grabbed by trolls! Hm.... Lalli in a French braid?
Hmmm, I was thinking pigtails... ;)
Agreed about long hair. Really, just about everybody looks good with their hair grown out.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1383 on: August 04, 2015, 01:09:46 PM »
I didn't modify much on the original scene, so I think I should warn everyone: LoTR movie spoiler is coming. (Not, that it would be an important, story-changing moment.)

Spoiler: the face of emil is a liquid. Does that mean, that his face is a cat...? • show

...some time later...

Elf or not, I just can't imagine Lalli as one, who doesn't carry maps, because his pockets are already filled with his comb- and hairbrush collection.

Gosh that is pretty hair. <3
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1384 on: August 04, 2015, 02:02:15 PM »

...some time later...

A Swede enters a drinking contest with a Finn. The Swede loses decisively, surprising no one.
Great edit as always!

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #1385 on: August 04, 2015, 02:03:54 PM »
Minna's art is the official kind, published, whereas fanart is created by her fans and is not official - it's created purely for personal value. There's a difference: official art is always open for parody, but when you're using fanart without the creator's permission it's no longer about the art, it's also about the person behind it.

Well, I didn't know that, official arts are free to use for parodies.

(I would not use fanarts in edits, unless the fanarts are mine anyway)
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #1386 on: August 04, 2015, 02:35:41 PM »
That is charming. Long hair does suit him well. Though I think he would have to tidy it away in some fashion for work, so as not to get tangled in bushes or grabbed by trolls! Hm.... Lalli in a French braid?
Hehehe. Actually, a normal ponytail has less chance to get stuck permanently, than a braid (at least, judging by my own experience). Also, I don't think, that Lally would care for fancy hair - although, I'm almost sure, that Emil knows how to do it properly (if, for nothing else, I could imagine him doing his female cousin's hair) - and I suspect, that, given the time and chance, he could style a swan on anyone's head (hopefully not a living one, but one can never be sure about him, and Mikkel would look quite interesting with it - angry, but interesting). >:D
That is, IF Lalli would dare to turn his back to him again. Last time he did that, Emil blew up the house on them.

Then again, I saw all the beautiful works on the fanart thread, and I have to say, I'm growing fond of the idea. You started a lavina of awesomeness.

A Swede enters a drinking contest with a Finn. The Swede loses decisively, surprising no one.
Hah! Facts may elude me, but I still have all my superstitions and stereotypes straight! You know, just the most important things, and all... *lets head fall to the desk with a loud "thud"*

I feel weird because I can't remember that part of the movie?? o-o
I read the books, saw all three movies, and I couldn't even state, that I remember every scene in the first half hour of the first one! :D
It was in The Return of the King, by the way. :)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:56:37 PM by Sharion »
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1387 on: August 04, 2015, 03:57:44 PM »
Finally I'm at a place with normal wifi connection and I'm able to see all the edits!
I'm dying of laughter  ;D

Sharion, please continnue the LoTR crossovers, they're hilarious!
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

freddiethefantastic

« Reply #1388 on: August 04, 2015, 10:07:39 PM »

☽ this is what the kids call aesthetic ☾

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #1389 on: August 04, 2015, 10:12:45 PM »

BEAUTIFUL.

But now I looked at today's page again and the only thing I could think of was shoujo manga. I mean, look at this:

native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1390 on: August 04, 2015, 10:16:27 PM »
BEAUTIFUL.

But now I looked at today's page again and the only thing I could think of was shoujo manga. I mean, look at this:

I don't even read manga and it still made me think of manga :P
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1391 on: August 04, 2015, 11:16:53 PM »

♡follow for more ssss grunge♡

in all seriousness though i LOVE THIS SO MUCH OK a+ editing skills
YEET

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #1392 on: August 05, 2015, 01:15:38 AM »
YAY! Ding-dong, the Chapter Break's dead! :D
*congratulates to all the other survivors*

Spoiler: The Hobbit spoiler • show

A crate, a sack, a barrel - what's the difference, really? (Okay, a sack *would* sink faster than a duck filled with stones. Good thing they didn't know, that he's a witch. Or wizard. Or mage. Or an overgrown leprechaun, searching for his lost hat.)
*edit* (If anyone's interested, this is from the second movie; one of those scenes, which are good reasons to watch it in a cinema.)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:53:24 PM by Sharion »
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #1393 on: August 05, 2015, 05:34:18 AM »

This is so great!

Judging by Reynir's expression, he has just realized that he's the next person Legolas will be standing on...
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1394 on: August 05, 2015, 05:37:42 AM »
YAY! Ding-dong, the Chapter Break's dead! :D
*congratulates to all the other survivors*

Spoiler: The Hobbit spoiler • show

A crate, a sack, a barrel - what's the difference, really? (Okay, a sack *would* sink faster than a duck filled with stones. Good thing they didn't know, that he's a witch. Or wizard. Or mage. Or an overgrown leprechaun, searching for his lost hat.)
(If anyone's interested, this is from the first movie; one of those scenes, which are good reasons to watch it in a cinema.)

Haha, poor Reynir! This is not what he signed up for xD
Spoiler: show
You mean the second movie ;) the first one ends with them being dropped off by the eagles.

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3