Author Topic: SSSS Memes/Edits Thread  (Read 573107 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: SSSS Memes/Edits Thread
« Reply #3390 on: January 19, 2021, 08:50:48 PM »
Wave, I forgot to say, I particularly like Onni ranting. Newfoundlanders are great ranters (the song lyric "We'll rant and we'll roar like true Newfoundlanders" exists for a reason) and I appreciate a well-executed rant.

;D Now you can append a ranting Onni anytime you want, from the Reaction Image Hoard.  (I'm halfway tempted to get Moose und Bear ranting for the Hoard as well.)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3391 on: January 19, 2021, 09:39:09 PM »
Yep. Just that. “We’ll rant and we’ll roar like true Queensland drovers, We’ll rant and we’ll roar as onward we push. Until we return to the Augathella Station, For it’s flaming dry going through the old Queensland bush.” Same or very similar tune. The good old Folk Process!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #3392 on: January 21, 2021, 08:36:19 AM »
Yep. Just that. “We’ll rant and we’ll roar like true Queensland drovers, We’ll rant and we’ll roar as onward we push. Until we return to the Augathella Station, For it’s flaming dry going through the old Queensland bush.” Same or very similar tune. The good old Folk Process!

Oh, I googled "Queensland drovers" and found a totally different tune. Google does not know all... or I got bored of listening to the first few bars and saying, "Nope, not the same," and gave up.  ;D  Might've known it existed in another form.
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Róisín

« Reply #3393 on: January 21, 2021, 08:50:01 AM »
Yeah, that’s the folk process for you. It always amazes me how many American, Canadian and Australian folk songs have their origins elsewhere in the world. Like ‘Streets of Laredo’ which likely had its roots in ‘Phelim Brady’, a Gaelic-language lament for a dying poet. People spread across the world carrying their music, and it changes as they do.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #3394 on: January 21, 2021, 10:50:31 AM »
Wave, I just took a look into the reaction-image-hoard, and you put some true gems there, I can´t wait to use all of them!

I also love both takes on the conversation between mama-bear and the MoOse! :'D
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3395 on: January 21, 2021, 02:49:26 PM »
Heee thankee - we have had a plethora of great expressions from Minna throughout Adventure II, and this is my small tribute.

(Although I do wish I had the ability to add or edit the drop-down menus.  I just ended up putting all the new ones under the Prologue.)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #3396 on: February 07, 2021, 11:37:31 AM »
After seeing the first panel of page 390, I suggested that Mother Bear could be either eyeless or exaggerating on her makeup. :)
Our fellow JoB promptly suggested a new brand of cosmetics, "Kohl of Koli", with this accompanying link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohl_(cosmetics)
And Jitter went with "Goth Lalli accompanied by Goth everyone!"

So I did this funny exercise, adding a bit of makeup, that besides looking cool could have protective effects ("...others believed it could prevent the child from being cursed by the evil eye." - The Evil Eye can be seen as a kind of Mediterranean version of the Kade, as our dear Róisín already pointed before) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_eye

So I also added some amulets thought to protect from the "Evil Eye", and here we have our gang, ready to face the Kade:

(Tuuri was the hardest because her eyes, in this bird form, aren't visible, so I had to guess)
I hope you like it! Suggestions for improvements are also welcomed, since makeup isn't, definitively, one of my specialties... :-)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #3397 on: February 07, 2021, 12:42:05 PM »
Pffff, a wonderful guess where to put Tuuribirb´s eyes. She looks so sassy, I can´t even! :'D

Also, great base-picture-choice for everyone! I love how Emil, Lalli, Mikkel and Onni look dead-serious about this, while Reynir and Sigrun just seem to be enjoying how great they look. Though Kitty doesn´t seem all that convinced yet...

This really got a laugh out of me!
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #3398 on: February 07, 2021, 01:00:28 PM »
Mirasol, Emil and Lalli do look great with that makeup! I can see them arriving at a party, all in black, stealing the show!  :sparkle: :emil: :lalli:  :sparkle:
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3399 on: February 07, 2021, 04:34:17 PM »
Yeah, Tuuribird eyes are spot on! As are everyone else. Lalli is totally wearing this makeup (and black lipstick) with the outfit Wave posted a while ago in the Art museum  :headbang:
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Róisín

« Reply #3400 on: February 07, 2021, 05:34:28 PM »
Oh, that style of makeup and amulets is very cool!

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #3401 on: February 08, 2021, 08:12:45 PM »
Brilliant, grey! I keep going back trying to decide who is most awesome... and deciding they all are.
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #3402 on: February 08, 2021, 11:37:25 PM »
Really cool!
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

AmericanViking

• Super-Newbie
  • Preferred pronouns: he, him
« Reply #3403 on: February 21, 2021, 06:15:12 PM »
This is a little different than most of the posts in this thread, but it seemed like the best place.

I really like this older art of Sigrun and wanted to use it as a phone wallpaper, so I extended the background up and down to fit better into a vertical screen. Here it is if anyone else wants to use it:

Spoiler: show
Chapter Break Survivor:
:A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3404 on: February 22, 2021, 12:02:26 PM »
@thegreyarea please go to the SSSS Art Museum thread to see what you have caused with the kohl eyes! Are you happy now? You should, because it’s utterly brilliant!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.